2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies FP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies FP

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Same as Yuzuru, and I'm surprised more people don't skate to his music, it's beautiful! I wasn't able to catch any videos so I don't know what her costumes looked like, but I really liked her SP program and costume from last year! I got to see it at Worlds :D

lucky you!! she skated clean there (except tight landing on lutz ), i am so jealous :laugh:

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
very happy for my favourites Satoko :love: (she delivered once again, as expected) and Karen and Mariah, but so sad for Elizabet :sad46::sad14: thats like lowest LP score she ever got since 2011 when she was novice, i hope everything is okay, and i am curious, did anyone see Brian? i guess he wasnt with her at K&C but was he there with anyone else?
i am very curious about the program, despite mistakes, what was her music?

No, Brian was not there, which perhaps was a good thing for both him and Elizabet.

Her FS music is way, way too "big" for her and using it just calls attention to her weaknesses. For me it was like watching a rerun of what happened to Nam last year -- they gave him music that was too sophisticated for his abilities so that he could "stretch artistically." That didn't end well for Nam.

Orser has so many students now that I wonder how much individual attention Elizabet really gets from him.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
lucky you!! she skated clean there (except tight landing on lutz ), i am so jealous :laugh:

She really is tiny in person :laugh: I was so glad she performed better than at Junior Worlds

LeCygne

Final Flight
Still haven't see the program but looked at the protocols and thought the same. I guess it's great that she didn't fall, which is progress for her, but not sure how a 5 triple program with 2 double toe combinations is impressive these days. She still has great speed, amazing spins, and good height on the jumps she does land, but I also worry about further growth down the line...

Ok, after watching Karen's program, I take back some of what I said. She hits the notes of the music really well and it's a great program for her, although similar to her 2014-2015 Godfather LP. I think she's someone who needs big music to fire her up, like this tango, the Godfather, and Requiem for a Dream (still my favorite program of hers). The jumps that she did land looked very good, and I think the first 2A was supposed to be 2A-LO-3S before the stepout, which freaked her out for the second 1A. Overall, not terrible but she does need to get the rest of the content in there ASAP. As someone who's still up and coming, she can't afford to be a late season skater just yet.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Ok, I was finally able to have a look at Mariah's Free Program and I have more respect for her than ever before. She not only skated well but, she basically shrugged it odd and didn't make big deal out of it. She is clearly maturing by the minute because something like a dress malfunction would have thrown a lot of skaters of their game. Bravo. BTW, Satoko, IMO, was the clear winner and the class of the field. Spectacular.