2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Ladies SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Ladies SP

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Liza Problems with 3Lz AGAIN, she also hesitated going in, very Long prep. her layback is incredible. rest was nice but i Kind of missed her sparcling

EDIT: from TES she most probably did not get a under, though it looked under to me
Looking at the scores now - 3Lz< and 3T< and with a clean combo she would have been in first. I really enjoyed her skate.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I think Mako's program has the best choreography. She needs to infuse it with a her own personality as it comes across as bland, but as far as the building of a program with interesting moves and space between elements, I enjoyed hers the most.
Polina's was my favorite performance of the night.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Why was Polinq's score here lower than at Saransk? It looks from the protocol like she landed everything well. (Missed levels?)

:cheer: Tessa!

Layback11

Record Breaker
I was watching some of the ladies SPs (top five and some additional interesting ones) and I noticed that Dubstep Girl (Malika Sharsynbaeva) is back! I remember her! :biggrin: #moveyourbutt

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Why was Polinq's score here lower than at Saransk? It looks from the protocol like she landed everything well. (Missed levels?)

:cheer: Tessa!

Some of it was levels. Her Step Sequence and Layback Spin were both called Level 3 here vs. Level 4 in Saransk, which is a difference of 0.9 points (0.6 for the StSq an 0.3 for the LSp). Her PCS was essentially identical (differs by only 0.03, favoring Tallinn) and the rest of the score difference is just from slightly higher GOE in Saransk on each element, which added up.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
As for significant PB increases, both Amelia Scarlett Jackson (AUS) and Ellen Yu (NOR) gained ~12 points. Awesome.

Also, there's a lot of score bunching here. The FS will probably involve a lot of flipflopping in the standings.

kalee

On the Ice
next one to watch out rin nitaya JPN. makes me think again that to Keep Girls in Juniors up to the Age of 19 is not a good idea. 17 or 18 as max Age would be better, or even 16

Why? Is it because it will be hard to compare the older girls who may not be as strong technically but have more mature performance skills, vs. the younger ones?
For countries that do not have a deep pool of talent like Japan, Russia and Korea do, their top skaters might not be able to qualify for senior GP so staying in juniors gives them a chance to continue representing their country. Even in bigger countries there are cases of girls who benefited from JGP at age 16+, e.g. Emily Chan, Kaori Sakamoto, and Mai Mihara.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really liked Tessa's program and her dress was beautiful (no illusion fabric in sight!). Hard to skate to Ave Maria at 14, but I thought she interpreted the music well. I think 4th is the best placement she could hope for with the field here. I hope she has an injury free season after breaking her ankle last year - she's got great potential.

I see that Tom Z wasn't with her, but I think he'll be with Mirai and Max in Montreal. So many competitions this weekend!

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
just watched Tessa's SP. Youtube recommended to me, only her SP.:biggrin:
My Gosh, this girl really breathe her skating, breathe her music!:eek::

yyyskate

Record Breaker
also, Tessa has growing pains the same kinda diseases that Nathan has. could only be healed when she fully grown. noticed some of her spin positions are not ideal. could due to that. She also dont have biellmann as well. but since she is very young and obviously had tons of ballet training, I guess those positions or lack of may due to her growing pains.
but I really love how she used her whole body to skate, to breathe the music throughout the program never a break.

her SP really is exemplary of transitions linking moves and fully utilize your whole body.

Last edited:

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
Just finished watching both videos of Polina and Tessa, as I watched them via live stream but wanted to take some time to revisit before posting any comment. This is Tessa's second JGP season, she was Juvenile and Intermediate Champion (2 years removed), injuries the last 2 years kept her from competing for a spot at Nationals but there has been so much positive talk about her. I've watched her many times live (most recently at Glacier Falls) and I actually really like her skating. I think she has great ability and amazing potential. However, watching Polina and Tessa perform one after the other is really like watching the sunrise and sunset - one skater is amazing and seems to be at the top of the mountain (Polina) and the other is still climbing the mountain, taking water breaks along the way to enjoy the scenery (Tessa). I have my fingers crossed hoping Tessa can really step it up in the FS and keep her 4th Place position when it's all said and done.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Tessa's program is lovely. It would be nicer if she could earn higher PCS score though.

matscol

Rinkside
Yeah they need to correct that. It's insulting to Caitlyn.

I agree. And I'm not knocking Tessa. Her intermediate championship skates were absolutely amazing. But Caitlyn was a lovely skater and deserves her due.

Spinning

On the Ice
Cool!

And please do persuade them. Because, apart from anything else, you now have me intrigued about the eyes! :)

CaroLiza_fan

The theory is all in the genes. Irish +north African =super model. One of my nieces went to school with Irish diplomats' kids and the topic came up from time to time. The rumour has it there is this one girl in Egypt (Irish dad and Egyptian/Moroccan mom) with out of this world beauty.

I have to start watching most of the So now since I missed most of them yesterday. If you read the news, the Oxford school girl abduction happened right across the street from my brother's flat. Shook everyone to the core right now.