2016 Autumn Classic Mens Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Autumn Classic Mens Short Program

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The Lombardia livestream was from Icenotwork. ....

The Lombardia live streaming (with major glitches) was on the YouTube channel of IdealWebTV.

It was not from IceNetwork, and had nothing to do with IceNetwork.

Please get your facts straight.

Last edited:

Lysambre

Final Flight
Lysambre, I'm not American. The comment was supposed to be a funny nod to the many, many, extremely...passionate fans Hanyu attracts.

Though please don't dismiss the upsets of those who have the stream crash on them even if it's free. You're not seriously telling me I should have just sucked up, smiled and said, "Hey, it's free, who cares?" when the Lombardia stream crashed during the debut of Max's free skate, are you?

And IceNotwork did the Salt Lake stream - the Salt Lake stream that also upset me because it gave out during my Australian skaters' skates. There were also jokes there too about how Jason's fans crashed the stream (though oddly and conversely the stream improved for the last group). And in fact I had my own assumption for what crashed the stream in Lombardia - Max's physique!

I confess I'm a bit confused as to why you brought IceNotwork into the discussion.

You talked about Lombardia and how Shoma's fans (aka : Japanese fans) crashed the livestream. Icenotwork was doing that livestream. You brought it up in the discussion, not me :laugh: (edited to add : I've actually been corrected on that, my apologies, you were right, I brought it in, not you :bow:)
I know you're not American, I read enough of the forum to know you're from the great land down under :luv17:.

I don't think any of my answers dismissed anybody's upset over the lack of stream, especially if it happened during their favourite skater's program? If I did dismiss that, you might need to quote my words back to me, and I don't mean that sarcastically at all, I mean that as in : English is not my first language, and if I made that kind of mistake, when it was never how I felt, then please point me to it so I can correct myself. I'd never be happy about someone else being unhappy. And I would never ever tell anyone to "suck it up and smile", as I think that is one of the most insulting thing you can say to anybody, no matter the circumstances. So, if you really saw that in any of my words, I beg of you, please tell me where, because that would mean I've been the most impolite I can imagine without realising it.

I don't now if we can blame my grasp of the English language on the fact that I saw neither of the two messages blaming Yuzuru's fan of crashing streams a jokes. How about we share responsibility on that one? I didn't see the joke, which is my responsibility, but maybe it was also that the tone of the joke wasn't very obvious?

Last year, Yuzuru's fans were blamed for only taking pictures of their favourite sakters and only giving practice reports about their favourite skaters, or even because there were too many of them at some events... I just thought that maybe this year's new trend would be that they would be blamed for all the bad livestreams, and I just wanted to prevent that new trend to become "a thing".

I guess you could also say I have a hair trigger, but it might be because amazingly enough, the repetition of these things starts to sound pretty insulting when you keep reading them. And I don't think I have to teach you about this, because I've seen in other threads how hurt or angry you've felt when people keep being negative, even jokingly, about the skaters you love.

Sorry for the :eek:topic:, I'll admit that seeing these messages on this topic shocked me a bit, because I just expected happy excitement about the event.

Karne, feel free to PM me about what I said above if you wish, I keep re-reading my words and not seeing it, and now I'm actually anxious that I said something terrible and insulting but I can't see where :dbana:

Last edited:

Lysambre

Final Flight
The Lombardia live streaming (with major glitches) was on the YouTube channel of IdealWebTV.

It was not from IceNetwork, and had nothing to do with IceNetwork.

Please get your facts straight.

My apologies, I saw lots of people complaining about Icenotwork during that event and assumed it was. I stand corrected.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Karne, feel free to PM me about what I said above if you wish, I keep re-reading my words and not seeing it, and now I'm actually anxious that I said something terrible and insulting but I can't see where :dbana:

:ghug: It's all right Lysambre, you didn't, and I should be more aware that many on this board don't have English as a first language.

I hope you're ready for the weekend! The first comp of the season for a favourite skater is so exciting. Is it going to be at a good time for you?

:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:

Lysambre

Final Flight
:ghug: It's all right Lysambre, you didn't, and I should be more aware that many on this board don't have English as a first language.

I hope you're ready for the weekend! The first comp of the season for a favourite skater is so exciting. Is it going to be at a good time for you?

Thank you :ghug:, and thank you for your very kind PM :thank:

I'm... totally not ready for this week end! I have no idea how you guys did it the past few weeks :dance2:, more proof that the skating fans have the healtiest hearts, or we'd all be having heart attacks.

Now that you've told me that Max has a quad loop in store, I can't wait to see him and Yuzu battle it out on the ice! In a way, it makes me slightly less nervous to know that they can sort of pat each other's shoulder while saying : I know how it feels (which works both if they land them or if they don't!).

It's also going to be in the middle of the night for me, and I am yet still undecided it I'm staying up, if I'm taking a nap before, or if I should just wait for videos of the event to watch in the morning... I'm on my last few days of holidays... so... we'll see.

Are you going to be able to watch, or will you already be at work?

mcq

Record Breaker
oh well... i am even planning to get there middle of the LP for ladies... since i have something in the morning... I have a ticket... I will make friends with some Japanes fans ;) offer them to watch their stack of pooh if I can sit with them ;)

Haha, enjoy! I think it is just normal, saw from Yuzuru's thread there are about 20-50 people camping early for Thursday practice so it would not be so bad during competition day. :biggrin: I just hope the stream won't give up on me lol.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I think the number of fans from Japan may be a little less this year because a press release last month stated that Yuzu would only skate if his foot was feeling good.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well that suits me perfectly well ;) no need to rush out to see everyone ;)

I went on a limb hoping for patrick to skate there... and damn... i only got yuzu... oh well ;)

(you know all i am joking right... just making sure because Karne's humour didn't get across... and I doubt mine will lol)

I think the number of fans from Japan may be a little less this year because a press release last month stated that Yuzu would only skate if his foot was feeling good.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
lol... i'm ESL but bilingual... and even sometimes I'm not sure if you're joking or not...happens to me too though...

that's why i use so many :eeking::palmf::laugh2::party2:

TGee

Record Breaker
Glad to see the thread's got its humour in the right place in the end...

But I'm also so pleased to see how much interest Autumn Classic is generating. It's a relatively new Challenger event, and it's the first time it's moved outside of Central Ontario. :hap10:

If Yuzu's presence is part of that, IMO that's great.

Join in the frustration with streaming. I'm finding I'm going for the live coverage because the video replays of individual skaters are almost immediately blocked....Hope we'll be able to continue to get the full program after the event on Dailymotion...

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
I'm going to be cheering for Andrew Dodds because he's doing such a fabulous job of tweeting Yuzu's jumps for us. Go Andrew!

Rissa

Record Breaker
They probably will *gloomy face*

They crashed the Lombardia stream and that was for Shoma, so I can't imagine how this one will go. Plus, it's Dailymotion. Bleh.

:rolleye:

Yuzuru Hanyu's fans crashed the the stream for Shoma?

Whut?

I know that Hanyu and his fans are the source of all evil for some, but what happened with the concept of logic?

Like, if somebody's fans crashed a stream for somebody, they were probably the fans of the person they crashed the stream for? Hello?

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm... totally not ready for this week end! I have no idea how you guys did it the past few weeks :dance2:, more proof that the skating fans have the healtiest hearts, or we'd all be having heart attacks.

Now that you've told me that Max has a quad loop in store, I can't wait to see him and Yuzu battle it out on the ice! In a way, it makes me slightly less nervous to know that they can sort of pat each other's shoulder while saying : I know how it feels (which works both if they land them or if they don't!).

I don't know if Max will do the quad loop, I only know he can. :yes: Maybe he will try it, maybe he will focus on his second mark instead.

The wait for the start of the season is always the worst!

It's also going to be in the middle of the night for me, and I am yet still undecided it I'm staying up, if I'm taking a nap before, or if I should just wait for videos of the event to watch in the morning... I'm on my last few days of holidays... so... we'll see.

Are you going to be able to watch, or will you already be at work?

Getting up is good, but only if the stream works :yes: It is on Saturday and Sunday morning for me, so I will be able to watch live :yes2:

I'm going to be cheering for Andrew Dodds because he's doing such a fabulous job of tweeting Yuzu's jumps for us. Go Andrew!

He's being quite the little fanboy :rofl: Both him and Jordan are tweeting excitedly that they will be in the same group as him for the short :yay:

:rolleye:

Yuzuru Hanyu's fans crashed the the stream for Shoma?

Whut?

I know that Hanyu and his fans are the source of all evil for some, but what happened with the concept of logic?

Like, if somebody's fans crashed a stream for somebody, they were probably the fans of the person they crashed the stream for? Hello?

It went right with the warped Australian humour.

Besides, the Lombardia stream was crashed by Max's....engine. ;) :laugh: