Who are the fastest figure skaters? | Golden Skate

Who are the fastest figure skaters?

qwerty1195

On the Ice
Patrick Chan, Carolina Kostner, Yuna Kim, Shoma, Gracie Gold, Gabby Daleman :)
Added: Wakaba Higuchi, Anna Pogorilaya

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Julia is very fast :whoosh:

I'd also give a nod to Gracie. :zoom:

lappo

Final Flight
I never got the whole "Carolina Kostner" is so incredibly fast (and I'm Italian, I just say that before being accused of anti[insert country] which is so frequent on this forum), but maybe it's my impression.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
In men, definitely Yuzuru and Patrick. Han Yan is also very fast. With Shoma, I'm a bit reluctant to name him, since he has lots speed but also so many crossovers.

I don't think we have that much of a stand out speedster in the ladies ranks currently... I'd say Anna P., and to a lesser extent Gracie and maybe Gabby and Kaetlyn.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
How on earth has Max's name not come up in this thread yet? He blows every other man in the field away in terms of speed - and his acceleration is unbelievable. He can go faster after just a few strokes than some skaters can with half a rink of stroking.

sneakers

Match Penalty
which of the current ???

pairs: Tarasova / Morozov

men: Yuzuru, Max Aaron,

Ladies: Anna Pogorilaya
was: Carolina Kostner, Yuna Kim
decent: Gracie Gold, Sotnikova

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
How on earth has Max's name not come up in this thread yet? He blows every other man in the field away in terms of speed - and his acceleration is unbelievable. He can go faster after just a few strokes than some skaters can with half a rink of stroking.

I can tell you how :) when i saw him live he was super slow. You are correct that he has lots of speed in certain simpler stroke but his footwork and transitions were slow. A lot of the men were slow that day so perhaps it's just the beginning of the season.... Rika was mentioned above as well, she was one of the slowest ladies that day. I was shocked as riverdance did indeed look fast and lively.

I think the fastest skating I saw came from ice dancers. Virtue and Moir were above the pack.

Imagine

Medalist
Kim Yuna...going into her opening triple-triples in particular, she has so much speed. It looks like she's headed for a bad crash with the boards but nope, perfectly landed every (I'm assuming) time. It's very similar to when I watch Gracie, but in that case the crash does happen. :palmf:

begin

Medalist
For the men, Han Yan. As Kurt once said, it's almost reckless with how fast he skates.

I never got the whole "Carolina Kostner" is so incredibly fast (and I'm Italian, I just say that before being accused of anti[insert country] which is so frequent on this forum), but maybe it's my impression.

Carolina is easily the fastest ladies skater ever when seen irl but looks slow through a screen for whatever reason. Also, compared to someone like Yuna (who flew into her jumps), Carolina was cautious and slower going into her elements.

Which Julia? I saw Lipnitskaya live and wasn't blown away by her speed:scratch2:

Maybe relative to her size? But compared to someone equally petite like Ekaterina Gordeeva, I can't say I agree.

Last edited:

lappo

Final Flight
For the men, Han Yan. As Kurt once said, it's almost reckless with how fast he skates.

Carolina is easily the fastest ladies skater ever when seen irl but looks slow through a screen for whatever reason. Also, compared to someone like Yuna (who flew into her jumps), Carolina was cautious and slower going into her elements.

Maybe that's why, in fact I always tought that Yuna was amazing because she entered her own elements like she was competing in F1. And maybe seen that on TV doesn't help either.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Gabrielle Daleman!!

Actually, the top three Canadian Women are dangerously fast skaters

-Alaine, Katelyn and Gabby. All three have trouble or had past issues controlling very large jumps as they enter them at top speed.