Russian Junior Nationals 2017 General Info | Golden Skate

Russian Junior Nationals 2017 General Info

The Finn

Record Breaker
The 2017 Russian Junior Championships will be held in Saint Petersburg from 1 to 5 February 2017.

All lists are unofficial

Qualified skaters for men's event

Number of skaters: 18

Qualified based on JGP assignment(s)
Alexander Samarin
Roman Savosin
Ilia Skirda
Dmitri Aliev
Petr Gumennik
Alexey Erokhov
Artem Kovalev
Georgy Kunitsa. He injured himself before his JGP event but I think he might have qualified nevertheless. Don't know if he is fit to skate here though.

Qualified based on Russian cup events
Evgeni Semenenko
Egor Rukhin
Artur Danielyan
Makar Ignatov
Egor Murashov
Artem Frolov
Igor Efimchuk
Andrei Kutovoy
Andrei Sachkov
Dmitry Evgeniev

Alternates
Mikhail Udalov
Kirill Yakovlev
Ilia Yablokov

Qualified skaters for ladies' event

Number of skaters: 18

Anastasiia Gubanova
Polina Tsurskaya
Alina Zagitova
Elizaveta Nugumanova
Stanislava Konstantinova
Alisa Lozko
Sofia Samodurova
Alisa Fedichkina
Anna Tarusina. She got into a car accident right before her JGP event but I think she might have qualified nevertheless. Don't know if she is fit to skate here though.

Daria Panenkova
Anna Shcherbakova
Ekaterina Kurakova
Alexandra Trusova
Anastasia Gulyakova
Viktoria Vasilieva
Anastasia Tarakanova
Maria Talalaykina
Ksenia Pankova

Alternates
Alena Kostornaya
Ekaterina Mitrofanova
Elena Pavlova

Qualified teams for Pairs' event

Number of teams: 12

Anastasia Mishina / Vladislav Mirzoev
Alina Ustimkina / Nikita Volodin
Amina Atakhanova / Ilia Spiridonov
Aleksandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kozlovskii
Ekaterina Borisova / Dmitry Sopot
Anastasia Poluianova / Maksim Selkin
Kseniia Akhanteva / Valerii Kolesov

Daria Pavlyuchenko / Denis Khodykin
Nika Osipova / Alexander Gallyamov
Albina Sokur / Roman Pleshkov
Maria Chuzhanova / Denis Mintsev
Elizaveta Zhuk / Egor Britkov

Alternates
(Anastasia Melnikova / Alexander Simenenko) They have split up.
Daria Kvartalova / Alex Sviatchenko
Elizaveta Martynova / Roman Zaporozhets
Valeria Makarova / Dmitry Shulgin

Personally I really hope Russian Fed would take 15 pairs this year because now it looks like Kvartalova/Sviatchenko who have scored above 160 points doesn't make it to the junior championships. There are also other pretty good teams who didn't make it. The quality of pairs this season has been a lot better than what is has been in recent years, so, 15 spots for pairs would be totally justified. There will be 15 ice dance teams at these championships, there should also be 15 pairs at these championships.

Qualified teams for Ice dancing

Number of teams: 15

Alla Loboda / Pavel Drozd
Anastasia Shpilevaya / Grigory Smirnov
Anastasia Skoptcova / Kirill Aleshin
Sofia Polishchuk / Alexander Vakhnov
Arina Ushakova / Maxim Nekrasov
Sofia Shevchenko / Igor Eremenko
Evgeniia Lopareva / Alexey Karpushov
Polina Ivanenko / Daniil Karpov
Eva Kuts / Dmitrii Mikhailov

Yana Buga / Georgiy Pokhilyuk
Ksenia Konkina / Grigory Yakushev
Daria Rumyantseva / Dmitry Ryabchenko
Angelina Lazareva / Maxim Prokofiev
Elizaveta Khudaberdieva / Nikita Nazarov
Ekaterina Andreeva / Ivan Desyatov

Alternates
Anastasia Ilianova / Dmitry Bovin
Elizaveta Shanaeva / David Narizhny
Daria Drozd / Mikhail Khomichenok

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Some short notes about those who have qualified for the Russian Junior championships.

Youngest skaters among men
Andrei Kutovoy. He is born in October 2005.
Egor Rukhin. He is born in April 2004.
Artur Danielyan. He is born in December 2003.
Evgeni Semenenko. He is born in July 2003.

Youngest skaters among ladies
Alexandra Trusova. She is born in June 2004.
Anastasia Tarakanova. She is born in April 2004.
Anna Shcherbakova. She is born in March 2004.
Viktoria Vasilieva. She is born in November 2003.
Alena Kostornaya. She is born in August 2003.

Youngest team among pairs
Elizaveta Zhuk / Egor Britkov. She is born in November 2003, he is born in 1997. They are the only pair who wasn't JGP eligible this season.

Youngest team among ice dance teams
Ekaterina Andreeva / Ivan Desyatov. She is born in July 2003, he is born in 2001. They are the only team who wasn't JGP eligible this season.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
cant wait to go see it live:hap10:

Hopefully Polina is healthy & present!!!:bow:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Would Georgi Kunitsa be allowed to compete since he initially had 2 JGP assignments? Assuming he will be recovered from his injury, of course. I don't know if it's possible for him to be in good form by then, but I would love to see him there.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Would Georgi Kunitsa be allowed to compete since he initially had 2 JGP assignments? Assuming he will be recovered from his injury, of course. I don't know if it's possible for him to be in good form by then, but I would love to see him there.

Don't know if it is the same as with seniors but I think that in seniors the skater will qualify for senior championships even if he has withdrawn from his GP event. Based on this I think it is possible that Tarusina and Kunitsa could skate at the junior championships if they are healthy.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Qualified skaters for ladies' event

Alternates
Ksenia Pankova
Ekaterina Mitrofanova
Elena Pavlova

Mitrofanova scored above 181 points at her 2nd Russian cup event and yet she is here as a 2nd alternate only. That is tough. She had a really tough luck at her 2nd event because she was only 5th there despite the great score. It was the toughest event of the year because Shcherbakova, Kurakova, Vasilieva and Gulyakova were there also.

Giselle

Medalist
Ice dance is going to be a bloodbath as well.

6 teams have medalled on the JGP!

Alla Loboda / Pavel Drozd - 2 golds
Anastasia Shpilevaya / Grigory Smirnov - 2 silvers
Anastasia Skoptcova / Kirill Aleshin - 1 bronze & 1 silver
Sofia Polishchuk / Alexander Vakhnov - 1 bronze & 1 silver
Arina Ushakova / Maxim Nekrasov - 2 bronze
Sofia Shevchenko / Igor Eremenko - 1 bronze

Loboda/Drozd are probably safe but you never know. They won silver at the 2014 JGPF but fell in the FD at 2015 nationals and were not sent to 2015 Junior Worlds!
Rooting for Polishchuk/Vakhnov to make the World team :drama:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Wow, it's nice to see that competition will be in St. Pete. I thought it will be in Saransk, which would be step back after brilliant event in Chelyabinsk. Hope to see a lot of people at the stadium and same amazing HD stream.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Schedule is up
February, 3:
14:00 - 16:30 Junior Men, SP
16:45 - 17:15 Opening Ceremony
17:30 - 20:00 Junior Girls, SP
20:15 - 22:15 Ice Dance, SD

February, 4:
14:00 - 17:00 Junior Boys, FP
17:15 - 19:00 Pairs, SP
19:15 - 22:00 Junior Girls, FP
22:15 - 22:45 Medal Ceremony

February, 5:
12:00 - 14:15 Ice Dance, FD
14:30 - 16:30 Pairs, FP
16:45 - 17:15 Medal Ceremony

tickets:clap:
https://spb.kassir.ru/kassir/event/view/82650
gonna buy soon!!
Zomg they're soo cheap!:yahoo:
Dimalisa & M/M are avertised (as top SPb's ones)

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This might be one of the best events of the season!

I'm hoping Mitrofinova gets in!!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I have heard the commentators talk about Russian Junior nats but have no idea of the hierarchy.

In the US, we have senior nats, which includes seniors, juniors, and novices.
We also have junior nats, which includes juviniles and intermediates.

The two events now occur at the same place about the same time.

What is the hierarchy of the Russian skating system?

Pracygr

On the Ice
I have heard the commentators talk about Russian Junior nats but have no idea of the hierarchy.

In the US, we have senior nats, which includes seniors, juniors, and novices.
We also have junior nats, which includes juviniles and intermediates.

The two events now occur at the same place about the same time.

What is the hierarchy of the Russian skating system?
It's somewhat different in Russia. First of all there is a ranking system for athletes. Acquiring ranks requires certain age, but also skill exams for lower ranks and certain level of results in official competitions for higher ones. In competitions skaters are grouped according to these ranks, i.e. not only age, but also skill level.

There are 3 national level junior competitions. First one (late January - early February) is the general national competition that decides the team for upcoming junior worlds and such. Requires highest rank. Second one (late March - early April) also requires highest rank, but has different qualification criteria and only affects decision towards future JGP team. Third one (mid April) is for two ranks bellow the highest one. Doesn't decide anything.

There's also Russian Cup final, which has both senior and junior sections (highest rank only).

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
It's somewhat different in Russia. First of all there is a ranking system for athletes. Acquiring ranks requires certain age, but also skill exams for lower ranks and certain level of results in official competitions for higher ones. In competitions skaters are grouped according to these ranks, i.e. not only age, but also skill level.

There are 3 national level junior competitions. First one (late January - early February) is the general national competition that decides the team for upcoming junior worlds and such. Requires highest rank. Second one (late March - early April) also requires highest rank, but has different qualification criteria and only affects decision towards future JGP team. Third one (mid April) is for two ranks bellow the highest one. Doesn't decide anything.

There's also Russian Cup final, which has both senior and junior sections (highest rank only).

Wow. Ok, if I understand you, a skater might do the first and second junior nats to get a berth in next year's JPGs?

Pracygr

On the Ice
Wow. Ok, if I understand you, a skater might do the first and second junior nats to get a berth in next year's JPGs?
Yes. You can even do all three (if you're still young enough yet already have the highest rank). The second and third competition are also geared more towards local federations (there are regional quotas) to allow skaters from places other than Moscow and St. Petersburg to showcase themselves.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
cant wait to go see it live:hap10:

Hopefully Polina is healthy & present!!!:bow:

Well, I see, Sankt Peterburg is your town. But I think I should come as well - I enjoy FS competitions. The shedule is sort of weird. Saturday is very packed and there is no gala on Sunday. But anyway, the junior ladies is the highlight and junior men are interesting as well although the field is not that deep there.

But still, why is there no gala - even JGP events had it?

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
But anyway, the junior ladies is the highlight and junior men are interesting as well although the field is not that deep there.

But still, why is there no gala - even JGP events had it?

If I remember correct, only one had it - in France two times (2014/2016). And at JW. My fav it's 2014, where were rocking Evgenia, Elena and Serafima. I guess it's commercial question, and mayors of towns even don't realize that a lot of people will be glad to see best juniors team in the world (at least in the ladies) and would be glad to pay for that. Especially for gala. So I guess it's just lack of understanding of the situation.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
If I remember correct, only one had it - in France two times (2014/2016). And at JW. My fav it's 2014, where were rocking Evgenia, Elena and Serafima. I guess it's commercial question, and mayors of towns even don't realize that a lot of people will be glad to see best juniors team in the world (at least in the ladies) and would be glad to pay for that. Especially for gala. So I guess it's just lack of understanding of the situation.

I guess so. I don't even know if I want to go on Sunday. In junior dance and junior pairs it's just about the last group so that I don'y know if I want to invest the whole day or to find something else to do in St.Ptb or fly out to Moscow Saturday night. Gala would make big difference - it would be a treat to see the best Russian juniors from all events.