McLaren investigation report Pt. 2 released | Golden Skate

McLaren investigation report Pt. 2 released

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Press Release
09 Dec 2016 - Lausanne, Switzerland

Further to the findings included in the second McLaren Report (Independent Person - IP Report) published today, the ISU reiterates its outrage and concern.

The ISU will carefully evaluate the IP Report and the evidentiary summary to be received from WADA/IP Team related to Ice Skating. Following this evaluation, the ISU will proceed with the necessary investigations.

If and when there are sufficient elements and evidence to pursue anti-doping rule violations, the ISU will not hesitate to open disciplinary proceedings against bodies or persons subject to infringements of the World/ISU Anti-Doping Code.

Download report here.

It appears that one male skater's bottle had scratch marks and that DNA did not match previous samples provided (7.7 2014 Case Studies) at Sochi.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Press Release
09 Dec 2016 - Lausanne, Switzerland

Download report here.

It appears that one male skater's bottle had scratch marks and that DNA did not match previous samples provided (7.7 2014 Case Studies) at Sochi.

I read some pieces of this report but I think it is not clear whether it was figure skater or speed skater.

whatif

Medalist
Well apparently there is one female figure skater in there. Not going to name her but she is currently missing the season, injured.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Well apparently there is one female figure skater in there. Not going to name her but she is currently missing the season, injured.

What what what? Are you telling me that there is a figure skater who could dope?

And please, don't tell me who it is. I hope I am not right.

begin

Medalist

Wth? Why are you insinuating someone with no evidence whatsoever?

moriel

Record Breaker
the one female mentioned that isnt hockey player is a silver medalist, no?

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
the report doesn't say she is a skater right? Says she is a silver medalist. Also the person you are talking about is a silver and gold medalist. I don't think they would omit that in the report.

exerym

On the Ice
OMG, can you please just read the report and do a basic search before posting something like that?
https://www.ipevidencedisclosurepackage.net/ - there is all the documents the report is based on. You can search "figure skating", read the documents and find out that there was no suspicious for pair figure skaters at all.

moriel

Record Breaker
the report doesn't say she is a skater right? Says she is a silver medalist. Also the person you are talking about is a silver and gold medalist. I don't think they would omit that in the report.

It actually says just silver medalist, and also says nothing about injury ^^
So maybe we can imply stuff back to whatif. You know, appearently there is a female figure skater silver medalist after all =P It says nothing, so she as well may be a retired skater.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So a bunch of the Speed Skaters were smoking the pot :dumb:

2945159, M, skating, TRAINING CAMP I 7100114, RU Kolomna, selection 12.10.2014
marijuana 300 ng I ml!
2945140, M, skating, TRAINING CAMP I 7100114, RU Kolomna, selection 12.10.2014
marijuana is 25 ng I m l
2944104, M, skating, TRAINING CAMP I 7100114, RU Kolomna, selection 12.10.2014
marijuana 150 ng I ml
2945156, M, athletics, TRAINING CAMP, RU Moscow, selection 10.10.2014
marijuana is 20 ng I m l

I'm not even sure if that makes any sense :laugh:

Rodchenkov was a busy bee and the evidence from his emails points to him being the most important player in order for success. Thank god he is not there any more and hopefully his knowledge of making illegal cocktails doesn't surface in American athletes now that he is here. This dude must have a serious deficiency of morals considering how many times he involved himself in facilitating and creating doping in athletes. Sounds like he traveled to Beijing and other parts of the world fairly frequently. Wouldn't be surprised if he sold his secrets.

Last edited:

Enidan

On the Ice
OMG. Silver and gold medal, so that would be Adeline and yuna Kim. So what next ? Do the two of them need to return the medal . So Gracie gold will got silver and yulia bronze. That's unbelievable

jkaruna

Rinkside
The silver medalist mentioned is not a figure skater. But there's a Russian female figure skater who competed in Sochi is listed.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The silver medalist mentioned is not a figure skater. But there's a Russian female figure skater who competed in Sochi is listed.

Can you specify where? I've read almost every email between Rodchenkov and his cohorts where they discuss covering up results but I am yet to see one that implicates any figure skaters. I've seen a few that listed athletes as "skaters" but they were listed under ISU events for speed skating so I'm pretty certain they are speed skaters since there weren't figure skaters at the events.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The purpose of some posts above here looks dubious. Fishing expedition? :noshake:

Russia has a "female silver medalist" in "pairs" (gold in figure skating team event, ladies and pairs individual event while a silver in pairs and a bronze in dance) but when I previously read the report (don't know about the newest update, can we see the link?) doesn't say about figure skaters at all while the report explicitly says "A Sochi Male Skater".

The Sochi Male skater can be a figure/short track/speed skater. He could be a medalist or not. The report just says "four Sochi gold medalists who allegedly doped, but doesn't say about their gender or sport event and also doesn't exclude team event either. Everything is vague.

Last edited:

lyndichee

Medalist
OMG. Silver and gold medal, so that would be Adeline and yuna Kim. So what next ? Do the two of them need to return the medal . So Gracie gold will got silver and yulia bronze. That's unbelievable

This is about Russian athletes. Also it is not confirmed who it is.

Biellmann

Match Penalty

:palmf:

People's fantasies really are endless :laugh:

moriel

Record Breaker
This is about Russian athletes. Also it is not confirmed who it is.

Technically, it just says Sochi athletes.
I say Ade keeps her Gold, Caro gets a silver and Gracie gets a bronze. Whoever doesnt like me, please contradict me based on the report or stop spreading nasty rumours.

begin

Medalist
Technically, it just says Sochi athletes.
I say Ade keeps her Gold, Caro gets a silver and Gracie gets a bronze. Whoever doesnt like me, please contradict me based on the report or stop spreading nasty rumours.

Wanna tell us why Kim is losing her medal all of a sudden :sarcasm: