Favourite Satoko Miyahara programs | Golden Skate

Favourite Satoko Miyahara programs

christinaskater

Medalist
1. Planets/ Star Wars
2. Miss Saigon
3.Musseta's Waltz SP - exquisite music and the most beautiful dress in figure skating

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
1. 2016-17 FS "Planets" + "Start Wars" choreographed by Tom Dickson
2. 2015-16 SP "Firedance" from Riverdance choreographed by Tom Dickson
3. 2014-15 FS "Miss Saigon" choreographed by Tom Dickson

Yep, my favorite programs of Satoko are all choreographed by the American choreographer, Tom Dickson. I love his choreography, El Tango De Roxanne for Yuna Kim as well. Tom Dickson should do more works for top skaters. It is a bit weird that American choreographers including him and Phillip Mills are underappreciated unlike their top skaters. I don't love Lori Nicole's choreography for Satoko as much as Dickson's choreography because I've felt they are somewhat bland or too generic.

I didn't pay attention her until 2014-15 (but remember her SP Mr. Christmas something and who choreographed?), so don't know about her programs before that or exhibition ones. I don't usually watch gala or ice shows, but her gala programs will be on my future watch list.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
This year's FS is simply beautiful. My favorite program of her for sure :luv17:
Riverdance's SP was a great piece of choreography and she interpreted it really well.
Her 2013/2014 FS is a great memory for me: she was simply sensational in the 4CC Championships and the program was smooth and beautiful:
https://youtu.be/2Y-mwAks9EI
Honorable mention: Miss Saigon! So much maturity and great nuances. Beautiful beautiful program. Most of all that 2A-3T on the music at the end of the program :love:

lappo

Final Flight
Tom Dickson is an (underrated) choreographer, IMO, his partnership with Satoko has produced some very beautiful programs (my favourite is Firedance and Planets). TD will stay forever in my heart for doing Yuna's Tango de Roxanne, the program that had me fall in love with her (and FS in general). I really wish more skaters will use him in the future years, he really deserves to work with the top tiers.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
1. Merry Christmas, Mr lawrence SP
2. Miss Saigon FS (although the first part is empty)
3. The Magic Flute

Not a huge fan of her programs and that's probably why i don't like her that much (because usually the most consistent skaters are my fav): she is a very talented skater, she has a charming personality and good spins but her programs are sooo generic:

Musetta's Waltz -> similar to Masha Sotskova's FS, it looks a juniors program, very old school.

Un Sospiro -> i don't get why people liked that program, the music here is just a background and the choreography doesn't completely match it, i've never rewatched that program.

Planets / Star Wars -> i'm not feeling the mood of that epic saga, and i'm a fan of Star Wars. The steps sequence is just arms and random poses. Still better than her Liszt free skate though.

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
I didn't pay attention her until 2014-15 (but remember her SP Mr. Christmas something and who choreographed?), so don't know about her programs before that or exhibition ones. I don't usually watch gala or ice shows, but her gala programs will be on my future watch list.

Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence was choreographed by Catarina Lindgren.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i think she generally has good programs, some of them are not stand outs but not bad either, but of course i have my favourites (in no particular order)
1. Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence (i love that stsq is at the beginning for the sake of choreography (fits perfectly to the music :love:) and not to backload her jumps :luv17: )
2. Poeta (i hope someday she will bring this program as EX cause she matured a lot )
3. The Magic Flute (ahhh the head nod after 2A :luv17:)
4. Miss Saigon
5. Firedance :)luv17::love:)
6. Star Wars
(rest are her EX programs)
7. Hernandoz's Hideaway :)love::love::love:)
8. Let Her Go
9. Pennies from Heaven

christinaskater

Medalist
I just want Satoko to let go a bit more to the music
Skate with more intensity and power.
There are more moments when we lose facial expressions during transitions, I just want to see continuity of the character

ioanna

Record Breaker
I just want Satoko to let go a bit more to the music
Skate with more intensity and power.
There are more moments when we lose facial expressions during transitions, I just want to see continuity of the character

I think she's improving. Her FS at the GPF was pretty intense but she's not the type of power skater to really abandon herself. She must push her limits.