Favourite Satoko Miyahara programs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favourite Satoko Miyahara programs

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
The Planets. It's such a beautiful program and my favorite of hers by far.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I think Satoko is one of few skaters that has truly brilliant programs every season! The only one that wasn't loved was her 2014/15 SP, otherwise all of her other programs are celebrated as being the very best in figure skating. She is reaching Michelle Kwan territory with this consistency and brilliancy. :luv17: :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I think Satoko is one of few skaters that has truly brilliant programs every season! The only one that wasn't loved was her 2014/15 SP, otherwise all of her other programs are celebrated as being the very best in figure skating. She is reaching Michelle Kwan territory with this consistency and brilliancy. :luv17: :laugh:

i think one of the reason was that awful costume :slink: but i love the program itself :luv17:

cl2

Final Flight
Her Planets LP this season is particularly effective in highlighting her strengths and skating style.

And no, I don't agree with those opining for more abandon from Satoko. Some programs (and music) that lend themselves to abandon, while others require a more studied approach. I feel that Satoko's programs tend to be the latter kind, and I think it suits her style perfectly.

magicalwords

On the Ice
I actually like her short program this season as much as her long program, if not more. Her Nationals performance this past weekend solidified my opinion. My favorite part about the program is her step sequence, which is beautifully choreographed, integrated wonderfully with the program, and goes perfectly with the music. Half the time I'd sit there not realizing that it was her step sequence because it's so natural. It actually feels like it's one with the entire program. Not many step sequences feel like that. And of course, the program does a great job of accentuating her graceful arm movements all the way to the tip of her finger.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Satoko will be paying some tributes for the rest of the season. The Princess Leia package, the fact that she included "Princess Leia's Theme" mixed with "The Planets" in her FS, and the fact that she skates to a George Michael song as her exhibition program.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Satoko is the successor to Princess Leia. She shall rule forever and ever. May the force be with her.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Layback11

Record Breaker
Hands down, Miss Saigon is my favorite program of hers. It's impeccably choreographed and shows her artistic range beautifully. Although I didn't really pay much attention to it last season, I've recently come to love her Firedance SP; again, wonderful choreography and performance. And her FS this year is great as well; very dynamic, sort of like Miss Saigon was, but more powerful. :agree:

ioanna

Record Breaker
I think this is a thread worth bringing back :) If the mods agree that it belongs in the fan fest and not here, I will move my post.

I'm rewatching baby Satoko programs and observing qualities that were there from the beginning and things that have been improved since. Her face wasn't expressive at all, but her body was. I think her expressiveness has improved the most.

Por Una Cabeza - she's so small but her body can express the music effortlessly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAuD9PJqq5g

Mother Goose Suite - love her cute ponytail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh3zO3YbN2o

Romeo & Juliet mixed with Adagio - a beautiful piano version accompanied by beautiful skating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LTx1cWG3os

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Poeta & Miss Saigon stand out a lot. She doesn't get enough credit for a lot of programs.
I hope she's back next year.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Definitely Miss Saigon. That was her "defining program" for me. (Firedance and The Planets were also excellent, but nothing tops Miss Saigon.)