Euros Men Recap | Golden Skate

Euros Men Recap

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Spain's Javier Fernandez extended his reign and took his fifth European figure skating crown Saturday in Ostrava at the 2017 ISU European Figure Skating Championships. The silver and bronze medals went to Russia's Maxim Kovtun and Mikhail Kolyada. This season, it still seems that there is no one who can really challenge Fernandez in Europe, who became the first skater since Slovak Ondrej Nepela to win five consecutive European titles (1969-1974).
"Yesterday, I said I want to do a personal best," Fernandez told the press. "I didn't do that, but I still fought from the beginning to the end, even after the fall. I tried to keep my mind and brain in the same place, but of course it is hard right after you fall and you hurt yourself. Overall, it still was a good performance. I'm saving it for Worlds, I guess."
"I am really happy for today, because I feel I broke the barrier between the two programs," said Kovtun. "Many times before, I did one program good and the second one was so bad and I didn't know why. But we worked on the ice and I also started to work with a mental coach, and something inside now, I think, improved."
"My practice went well, the warm up was good, too," said Kolyada. "I'm not upset about the fall of the quad Lutz, because it is still a very new jump for me. In practice it is 50/50 and it is hard to do it in the program. I'm upset about the Axel. I should have rotated it at least. I would have been happier if I was fourth, but had skated well."
More

What are your thoughts on the men's performances?

stella luna

Final Flight
I haven't watched men's LP yet, but am happy for Javier.

Spain's Javier Fernandez extended his reign and took his fifth European figure skating crown Saturday in Ostrava at the 2017 ISU European Figure Skating Championships. The silver and bronze medals went to Russia's Maxim Kovtun and Mikhail Kolyada. This season, it still seems that there is no one who can really challenge Fernandez in Europe, who became the first skater since Slovak Ondrej Nepela to win five consecutive European titles (1969-1974).
More

What are your thoughts on the men's performances?