Plushenko Academy | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Plushenko Academy

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Where they just opened a concentration camp for gay people? I'm afraid I don't agree at all...it makes me sick that Plushy is friends with him, to be honest. :disagree:

What? Is this true? That is a shame!!!!! Probably the Russian media didn't reported it and this is a totally fresh news. If you remember Plush signed the petition against the Russian anti gay law. And he said in an interview the gays have place in a modern society.... Well, I'm not happy with that friendship, too..:(:(

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSx6y96lXFE/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko

The choreography class for our small sportsmen was started today by our head coach @plushenkoofficial - it all started very quietly 😁 Later there was a lot of fun - stay tuned 😉

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSyNsOcF4dE/?taken-by=angelsofplushenko

It seems that our trainers @plushenkoofficial and @emanuelsandhu showed to our kids today all creatures: bunnies, fish, dinosaurs and even robots! It is to develop a creative approach to a dance! It was very funny and productive lesson - the kids did not want to leave 😊

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
I think it's awesome that they publish behind the doors process! It so fun to know how much work goes into becoming a figure skater!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Where they just opened a concentration camp for gay people? I'm afraid I don't agree at all...it makes me sick that Plushy is friends with him, to be honest. :disagree:

Look, if you follow Plushy at all, you'd know that he is one of the most open minded people when it comes personal freedom. We have ALL seen him hanging out with Johnny Weir and Johnny is hardly "In The Closet." Maybe Plushy wants to make a difference in this area. It may sound like a stereotype, but trust me, there's no way you're going to run a "Successful" Figure Skating Academy without a gay person on site. ;)

Lastly, having been to Russia, I can tell you first hand that I NEVER felt unsafe or threatened. With my dark skin, cowboy boots, dance pants, and scarf around my neck, I definitely stood out when we were in St Petersburg. Look at this cute picture of Plushy and Johnny....http://www.pinchofnutmeg.net/files/ifs1.jpg

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Look, if you follow Plushy at all, you'd know that he is one of the most open minded people when it comes personal freedom. We have ALL seen him hanging out Johnny Weir and Johnny is hardly "In The Closet." Maybe Plushy wants to make a difference in this area. It may sound like a stereotype, but trust me, there's no way you're going to run a "Successful" Figure Skating Academy without a gay person on site. ;)

Lastly, having been to Russia, I can tell you first hand that I NEVER felt unsafe or threatened. With my dark skin, cowboy boots, dance pants, and scarf around my neck, I definitely stood out when we were in St Petersburg. Look at this cute picture of Plushy and Johnny....http://www.pinchofnutmeg.net/files/ifs1.jpg

That's not what I'm talking about. The situation in Chechnya has been all over the news and it's really bad. Kadyrov is not a good person...period.

Of course I know Plushy is openminded, obviously he has Emanuel working there. I just don't think an endorsement from a guy who has been torturing and murdering people for years (not only gays) is a good look for his skating school & I really wonder how he could be totally oblivious to some of the horrible things Kadyrov has done.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Look, if you follow Plushy at all, you'd know that he is one of the most open minded people when it comes personal freedom. We have ALL seen him hanging out Johnny Weir and Johnny is hardly "In The Closet." Maybe Plushy wants to make a difference in this area. It may sound like a stereotype, but trust me, there's no way you're going to run a "Successful" Figure Skating Academy without a gay person on site. ;)

I was outraged and I showed this article to my Russian friend. She said they are moslims and we all know the religious moslims aren't tolerant. In 90s when Dudaev was a president of Chechnya, there was a big problem , the terrorism against Russia. Now it's much better because he is loyal to Putin. These are the reasons why Kadyrov is popular in Russia. This is all of politics. I don't think the Russian media told everything about Kadyrov.

Plushy's has other gay friends: Valentin Yudashkin, the world famous designer, Nikolai Baskov,Filip Kirkorov( famous singers) they aren't openly gays but there are rumors in Russia. Kirkorov and Baskov are always welcomed in Chechnya. Most in cases Plushy doesn't care of politics but he likes Putin as all of Russian athletes

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I was outraged and I showed this article to my Russian friend. She said they are moslims and we all know the religious moslims aren't tolerant. In 90s when Dudaev was a president of Chechnya, there was a big problem , the terrorism against Russia. Now it's much better because he is loyal to Putin. These are the reasons why Kadyrov is popular in Russia. This is all of politics. I don't think the Russian media told everything about Kadyrov.

Plushy's has other gay friends: Valentin Yudashkin, the world famous designer, Nikolai Baskov,Filip Kirkorov( famous singers) they aren't openly gays but there are rumors in Russia. Kirkorov and Baskov are always welcomed in Chechnya. Most in cases Plushy doesn't care of politics but he likes Putin as all of Russian athletes

I have been reading more about Chechnya since I read about it earlier in this thread. I'm shocked to hear about these camps and even more shocked that the city would let Plushy have his academy there. Eman and Johnny Weir are good friends of Plushy's and they have BOTH had very public relationships with Men. In fact, I know that Johnny that was married to a man and I think Eman was too. Is that correct?

This is all so strange to me and I hope we get more information in the near future. Update....One of my former students just sent me this clip from YouTube. It's certainly NOT official but it, if true, it's very disturbing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXDp5E40RYo

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
I have been reading more about Chechnya since I read about it earlier in this thread. I'm shocked to hear about these camps and even more shocked that the city would let Plushy have his academy there. Eman and Johnny Weir are good friends of Plushy's and they have BOTH had very public relationships with Men. In fact, I know that Johnny that was married to a man and I think Eman was too. Is that correct?

This is all so strange to me and I hope we get more information in the near future. Update....One of my former students just sent me this clip from YouTube. It's certainly NOT official but it, if true, it's very disturbing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXDp5E40RYo

The Academy is in Moscow, not Chechnya, mrrice.

Camillo

On the Ice
Now it's much better because he is loyal to Putin. These are the reasons why Kadyrov is popular in Russia.
Sorry, but Kadyrov is 'popular' in Russia in the same way as 'Bin Laden was popular in USA' or 'Assad is popular in Syria' :disagree:
Kadyrov is loyal for now thanks to TONS of money Chechnya and his family got from federal budget during all these ~17 years of Putin's ruling, while all other regions (except Moscow and S.Petersburg), especially eastern are degrading without support and losing its population.

Plushy is friendly with people who are famous, rich or have authority in politics (which is synonym of "rich" :biggrin: ). Chechnya is the wealthiest region in Russia (after Moscow) that's why artists, singers and sportsmen like Plushy are glad to have concerts and shows there - it's perfect possibility to get some real money at the time of fullscale economical crisis.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Mrrice is always a nice surprise here. :rofl: First Maria... and now this... :laugh:

I can't help it....:drama: I've been going to skating events since I was in 4th grade. The first Major event I attended was Skate America in 1991. I didn't meet any of the skaters that day but, I promised myself that if I ever got to go to another event I would get a skaters autograph. Though I didn't get Maria Butyrskaya's autograph, I did get a kiss on the cheek from her when I gave her flowers after her spectacular LP at Worlds in 1999.

One thing they don't show on TV is just how long it takes to clear the ice of flowers, toys and other gifts that the audience throws onto the ice. I would guess that Maria stayed on the ice hugging, kissing, and taking flowers from her fans for a good 10 minutes. I remember her great LP at NHK and she was still on the ice taking flowers when they started to read her marks. Very genuine and very sweet. The fact that she is drop dead gorgeous was just a bonus....:love:

At Worlds in 2001. I followed Maria and Plushy like a stalker. After his Bolero SP, a group of us followed him as he went backstage toward the locker/changing rooms. There were already people lining both sides of the walls. Plushy was just about to the end of the hall, and then he turned and ran back towards his fans and he "hi fived" all of them. I have never heard girls scream so loudly....It was hilarious. He stayed and signed autographs until his coach finally told the crowd that he had to leave. He gave us all a big wave and then disappeared into the room. We were all in a trance after he left and he really left a big impact me. It was just like with Maria. I had a dorky smile on face for the rest of night.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Sorry, but Kadyrov is 'popular' in Russia in the same way as 'Bin Laden was popular in USA' or 'Assad is popular in Syria' :disagree:
Kadyrov is loyal for now thanks to TONS of money Chechnya and his family got from federal budget during all these ~17 years of Putin's ruling, while all other regions (except Moscow and S.Petersburg), especially eastern are degrading without support and losing its population.

Plushy is friendly with people who are famous, rich or have authority in politics (which is synonym of "rich" :biggrin: ). Chechnya is the wealthiest region in Russia (after Moscow) that's why artists, singers and sportsmen like Plushy are glad to have concerts and shows there - it's perfect possibility to get some real money at the time of fullscale economical crisis.

I just repeated what I heard from a Russian. I don't know the Russian reality. I think that is better if there aren't chechen terrorist attacks in Russia.

Plushy is friendly with them becuse he is also rich, and famous. :laugh: They are in same company. ;) And if you follow Baskov, Kirkorov, and Yudashkin( he was happy to made him costume, he flied to Sochi because he wanted to watch his skating) are also happy because they are friends with Plushy.. Moscow's major, also invited Plushenko to his campaigne, and Vodianova too, he played soccer with Lavrov( foreign minister) he is in same golf club with Abramovich..etc

He earned his money with his shows in Asia, Europe, and Russia, plus the advertising of the Mercedes, the Russian Lottery( Bingo Boom), Vick, the Swiss Ulysse Nardin luxury watch, Oriflame, etc. According to the Russian Forbes his income was 16,5 million dollars in total since 2006... In 2016 his income was $3 millions..And he wasn't in Chechnya then ;) You don't forget he earns his money not only in Russia.

Last edited:

Camillo

On the Ice
I just repeated what I heard from a Russian. I don't know the Russian reality.
Please don't generalize this person's opinion about Kadyrov's 'popularity' on all Russian society ;) GS is politics-free forum I assume, we don't want to have such discussions here, right?

Plushy is friendly with them becuse he is also rich, and famous. :laugh: They are in same company. ;) And if you follow Baskov, Kirkorov, and even Yudashkin, too( he was happy to made him costume, he flied to Sochi because he wanted to watch his skating) are also happy because they are friends with Plushy.. Moscow's mayor, also invited Plushenko to his campaigne, and Vodianova too...
That is what I said: they all are in the same boat, so Plushy would never say anything against Kadyrov, besides it's life-threatening :(

He earned his money with his shows in Asia, Europe, and Russia, plus the advertising the Mercedes, the Russian Lottery( Bingo Boom), Intimissimi, Vick, the Swiss Ulysse Nardin luxury watch, Oriflame, etc. According to the Russian Forbes his income was 16,5 million dollars in total since 2006... In 2016 his income was $3 millions..And he wasn't in Chechnya then ;) You don't forget he earns his money not only in Russia.
Good! I hope he pays all the taxes :devil:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Please don't generalize this person's opinion about Kadyrov's 'popularity' on all Russian society ;) GS is politics-free forum I assume, we don't want to have such discussions here, right?

Right. You wrote me. :)

That is what I said: they all are in the same boat, so Plushy would never say anything against Kadyrov, besides it's life-threatening :(

Who will say? Baskov, Trankov, Yagudin, or anyone else ???

Good! I hope he pays all the taxes :devil:

You can be sure he pays..he said in an interview and if the Forbes knows it the tax authority also...

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
At Worlds in 2001. I followed Maria and Plushy like a stalker. After his Bolero SP, a group of us followed him as he went backstage toward the locker/changing rooms. There were already people lining both sides of the walls. Plushy was just about to the end of the hall, and then he turned and ran back towards his fans and he "hi fived" all of them. I have never heard girls scream so loudly....It was hilarious. He stayed and signed autographs until his coach finally told the crowd that he had to leave. He gave us all a big wave and then disappeared into the room. We were all in a trance after he left and he really left a big impact me. It was just like with Maria. I had a dorky smile on face for the rest of night.

Oh, you just remind me of all those sweet memories. You could not help but love this blond teenager at the Worlds 2001! His flying blond hair, dazzling jumps, emotionally perfect performances and invincible fighting spirits really made an indelible impression on me! :love::bow::points: He is my first love in FS, and his masculine beauty on ice is incomparable even today.