2017 Worlds Ladies pre-event thread | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Ladies pre-event thread

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Thing is I did and more than once. I agree with the levels but just not the GOEs, especially on effortless throughout, good acceleration and deep edges and turns. Without those, I can't see how it can enhance the musical structure throughout. +1 or 2 but certainly not 2,3s throughout.
Okey, I guess we'll agree to disagree... :scratch2:
Because for me, it's totally opposite.))
She has THE BEST effortless throughout all of her elements. Very deep edges. Lots of difficult steps and turns. Great balance and rhythmic knee action and perfect control of the whole body. Amazing use of one foot skating. Almost never skate on two foot...very few crossovers. And every single of her movement is musical. +3
I saw her skate live at worlds in Boston. The biggest surprise. She had it all.
I wish I could go to Helsinki.... I'm dying to see Yuzuru, Shoma, Zhenya, Anna, Wakaba and Ashley. :cry::cry:

mrrice

Record Breaker
LOL
have you EVER read the rules??? maybe even once?
if you read you would never write such a nonsense....
:disapp:

Is this a joke? Several of the members on this page have read the rules. I'm sure I've read them, or parts of them a thousand times. That still doesn't stop me from baffled by the scores I see at least once a season. That's the reason they added this sticker :shocked:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Have you? Which part of the rules give +2 and +3 GOE for those sequence?
yes. I know rules.
Even if you don't agree with all of bullets. She easily can get 6 bullets for +3
FOR + 1 : 2 bullets FOR + 2 : 4 bullets FOR + 3 : 6 or more bullets
1) good energy and execution + yes
2) good speed or acceleration during sequence + yes
3) use of various steps during the sequence + yes maybe even too many
4) deep clean edges (including entry and exit of all turns) + yes very clean edges
5) good control and commitment of the whole body maintaining accuracy of steps + yes Perfect control
6) creativity and originality +/- not the best but still interesting
7) effortless throughout + YES YES - one of the best lightness and flawless from ALL elements
8) element enhances the musical structure. + yes - very musical. I can not like her FS music but she synchronized beautifully to that music.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't remember anything about Ashley's programs. How many events has she done this year?

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
yes. I know rules.
Even if you don't agree with all of bullets. She easily can get 6 bullets for +3
FOR + 1 : 2 bullets FOR + 2 : 4 bullets FOR + 3 : 6 or more bullets
1) good energy and execution + yes
2) good speed or acceleration during sequence + yes
3) use of various steps during the sequence + yes maybe even too many
4) deep clean edges (including entry and exit of all turns) + yes very clean edges
5) good control and commitment of the whole body maintaining accuracy of steps + yes Perfect control
6) creativity and originality +/- not the best but still interesting
7) effortless throughout + YES YES - one of the best lightness and flawless from ALL elements
8) element enhances the musical structure. + yes - very musical. I can not like her FS music but she synchronized beautifully to that music.

You are talking about Carolina and Mao right?

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I don't remember anything about Ashley's programs. How many events has she done this year?

I remember her SP at Nationals was painful to look at, all those head-shakings and shimmy shoulders etc. I just can't with it.

And her FS, it wasn't bad, but someone else did a much better Exogenesis (Sergei Voronov:luv17:)

SkaterX

On the Ice
I remember her SP at Nationals was painful to look at, all those head-shakings and shimmy shoulders etc. I just can't with it.

And her FS, it wasn't bad, but someone else did a much better Exogenesis (Sergei Voronov:luv17:)

I really liked her SP the first time I saw it, but after repeat viewings it fell flat for me because I started to really notice all the empty choreography and two footed skating. The sass captured my interest the first time around but after that it started to feel cheesy.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really liked her SP the first time I saw it, but after repeat viewings it fell flat for me because I started to really notice all the empty choreography and two footed skating. The sass captured my interest the first time around but after that it started to feel cheesy.

Well she said she made some changes like less 2 foot skating and also to make it less of an exhibition. We will see soon enough :biggrin:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
There's no denying Evgenia's TES but GOEs and PCS can overcome TES differences to an extent. Carolina is also working with Mishin so I expect her to be getting better. But really, who knows what will happen. At least last year I didn't expect the order of the top 3 after the SP.

I am looking forward to some unexpected / bewildering outcomes & plot twists but I would not like to see some devastating bombing which could make it pronounced so I am kinda torn apart on that ... We all though all agree that it is her title to lose :biggrin: Some speculate that clean Osmond can beat Medvedeva but I don't see her being clean and if that was the case (very unlikely) I still would not expect her to out-point Medvedeva if Medvedeva is cleanish. So it's wishful thinking but I obviously would love to see two strong skates from Kaetlyn even if my personal faves would be in danger - like Anna.

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm starting to think that I'll only be able to believe in Carolina as a possible medalist when I see her lutz :slink:

Carolina landed solo Triple Lutz in Italian Championships Free Skate with small negative GOE IIRC.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
I am looking forward to some unexpected / bewildering outcomes & plot twists

I won't ask for much, I just hope to see at least one of my favorite 3Lz-3T ladies pull off a clean SP. Wakaba, Karen, or Alaine. Any one of them will do. Please. Is that too much to ask. :drama:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is going to be very interesting. In terms on that well there are many talented ladies in the field.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I won't ask for much, I just hope to see at least one of my favorite 3Lz-3T ladies pull off a clean SP. Wakaba, Karen, or Alaine. Any one of them will do. Please. Is that too much to ask. :drama:

Do you mean Chartrand? Because she won't be at Worlds. She finished third at Canadian Nats to Kaetlyn and Gabby.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
This year's Worlds will be like a 'get Alaine to the Olympics' campaign for Gabby & Kaetlyn. :)