Nancy Kerrigan on Dancing w/the Stars | Golden Skate

Nancy Kerrigan on Dancing w/the Stars

Jennifer Lyon

On the Ice
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/dan...kerrigan-fifth-harmony-nick-viall-1201995262/

Kerrigan was one of the most notable figure skaters of the ’90s, having won the bronze medal at the ’92 Olympics and the silver at the ’94 games. She also is known for the highly-publicized 1994 incident in which she was attacked by associates of her rival Tonya Harding’s ex-husband. The controversy has been profiled on ESPN’s “30 for 30” and a Netflix documentary, “Nancy & Tonya.” Kerrigan, who has had small film and TV roles in recent years, will be portrayed by Caitlin Carver in Margot Robbie’s upcoming movie “I, Tonya.” (Robbie will play the embattled Harding).

Simone Biles is also part of this season's cast. Should be fun!

TMC

Record Breaker
Looking forward to it!

I hope they cast Sasha with Simone, he's my favourite pro and the right height, too. Kerrigan on DWTS will be great free advertising for Robbie's film.

lyverbird1

Final Flight
When is the series due to start? I don't usually watch, even if it gets picked up this side of the Atlantic but I'd be interested in seeing how Nancy and Simone go...

andromache

Record Breaker
Surprised to see Nancy doing this. It seems like she has really tried to avoid the limelight post-1994. But it might get me to tune in!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Seems Nancy has slowly gotten out to the public. She's organized a few skating shows and done some other things. I think it will be great to see Nancy!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Seems Nancy has slowly gotten out to the public. She's organized a few skating shows and done some other things. I think it will be great to see Nancy!

This should be interesting. I always thought the next skater to go on this show would be Sasha Cohen. I believe they asked Michelle at one pont but, she said no due to her busy schedule.

Jennifer Lyon

On the Ice
When is the series due to start? I don't usually watch, even if it gets picked up this side of the Atlantic but I'd be interested in seeing how Nancy and Simone go...

The spring season usually starts sometime in March, after The Bachelor has finished its run.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't think there's been an official cast announcement yet. That doesn't mean this unofficial report is wrong, just that it needs to be confirmed. I would actually be surprised if the Biles report is correct, since her gymnastics team-mate Laurie Hernandez won just last season. But there was a season with 3 (count em, three) football players, so lack of imagination in casting has never stopped them yet.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I don't think there's been an official cast announcement yet. That doesn't mean this unofficial report is wrong, just that it needs to be confirmed. I would actually be surprised if the Biles report is correct, since her gymnastics team-mate Laurie Hernandez won just last season. But there was a season with 3 (count em, three) football players, so lack of imagination in casting has never stopped them yet.

Actually, ABC has confirmed two of the participants, one of them being Simone (the other is Mr. T.)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://www.eonline.com/news/833167/...n-dancing-with-the-stars-for-a-very-long-time

So what are Nancy's chances? Figure skaters have generally done well (Kristi, Meryl, Charlie, Evan) but with Simone Biles and former Glee star Heather Morris (who has done back-up dancing for Beyonce) in the mix, who knows?

People are saying Heather is a ringer and while she's never done ballroom, having professional experience learning dances and having innate movement and rhythm helps them adapt quickly.

Last edited:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
With the Tonya Harding movie and Nancy on DWTS it's like 1994 is back again... :p

mintx

On the Ice
Nancy is one of two token older women every season has them. Typically they don't do great in terms of fan support or dance ability. Nancy may do better than most women her age but don't expect her to go much past the half way. She has been skating in shows and looks to be in good shape so that should help.

princessalica

Final Flight
She has plenty of dance background through skating so I think she will be in the top half, and while she is older she is still in skating shape, so I think that will benefit her. I think she wasn't super active for a while because she was raising kids.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://www.eonline.com/news/833167/...n-dancing-with-the-stars-for-a-very-long-time

So what are Nancy's chances? Figure skaters have generally done well (Kristi, Meryl, Charlie, Evan) but with Simone Biles and former Glee star Heather Morris (who has done back-up dancing for Beyonce) in the mix, who knows?

People are saying Heather is a ringer and while she's never done ballroom, having professional experience learning dances and having innate movement and rhythm helps them adapt quickly.

I'll be floored if Simone doesn't win. She's America's darling. I'm betting Nancy might finish top 5.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nancy is one of two token older women every season has them. Typically they don't do great in terms of fan support or dance ability. Nancy may do better than most women her age but don't expect her to go much past the half way. She has been skating in shows and looks to be in good shape so that should help.

Jennifer Grey won and she's 57. She won in 2006 so would have been around 51. Nancy's only 47 so she's not old. I think you may be confusing this with the really old women such as Florence Henderson, Betsey Johnson, etc.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jennifer Grey won and she's 57. She won in 2006 so would have been around 51. Nancy's only 47 so she's not old. I think you may be confusing this with the really old women such as Florence Henderson, Betsey Johnson, etc.

I think this year's token "older" woman is Charo. Charo's age is up for debate, but she's at least 65 or as old as 75.

BTW, Jennifer won in 2010, not 2006. She was fantastic - I still remember her and Derek's Argentine tango.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think this year's token "older" woman is Charo. Charo's age is up for debate, but she's at least 65 or as old as 75.

BTW, Jennifer won in 2010, not 2006. She was fantastic - I still remember her and Derek's Argentine tango.

Sorry, don't know what I was thinking.

Ross74

Medalist
I'll be floored if Simone doesn't win. She's America's darling. I'm betting Nancy might finish top 5.

It wouldn't surprise me if Simone doesn't win. Many people are not happy with having another gymnast right after Laurie. Laurie was my favorite gymnast on the team, but I tired of her after a few weeks on DWTS and became more interested in other contestants. It would help Simone if she didn't start out with exceptionally well-done routines resulting in the highest scores. They should take it slow. Maybe Sasha will be more likely to do that.