Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Nancy Kerrigan on Dancing w/the Stars

0 Not allowed!
    Did the finale happen yet? I totally lost interest when Heather was booted and then Nancy. What is left is Normani. She should win. Or did she already. I cannot sit and watch long but I jump between the voice and that show. Th judges on the voice are really the show btw.

Any way. I like Simone but she is not so natural as Laurie. And I hate seeeing sickles feet. Don't gymnasts take dance for turn out or is that a bad thing? Simone is the greatest tumbler and vaulter to have lived. Amazing little girl.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Finale is Monday or Monday and Tues. It's Normani, David Ross, and the football player. Simone went out on Monday.

1 Not allowed!
    I think Rashad is a great dancer and he has been a great pleasure to watch, as well. And he had more of the "learning to dance" arc that I enjoy watching (whereas Normani was already a great dancer, for example.) I would love to see Rashad win.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Rashad is my pick of the top three too. I am glad David made the finals. His personality has just shined this season.

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfume View Post
    I haven't watched television for years.

About Nancy, something about her will never chance. She is just not charming. It can't be helped. Star quality can't be imposed on someone. It's good she still get some support though.
    I have to agree. Nancy was a wonderful technical skater but there was nothing natural or engaging about her artistry. I was never an Oksana fan but I can see the dilemma with the judges and the old 6.0 system in giving it to Oksana. I know Nancy has had some life-battles; haven't we all, but overall her life has been pretty good. During DWTS, she still had that "woe is me/I'm gonna get beat again" look that was not endearing. But, lucky for her, she goes back to a nice family and professional skating (who makes a living on a Halloween ice show?)

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Meryl's instagram is a good source for all things Meryl, including her new puppy:
    https://www.instagram.com/MeryleDavis/
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 05-21-2017 at 06:54 AM.

1 Not allowed!
    Over the course of the two-night finale, I realized how delightful all three of the finalists were. Rashad was still my fave for the win, so I was thrilled he took home the mirrorball, but really Normani was so sweet and engaging, and David was down to earth and watchable and always grateful to his fans for voting for him.

Also, Simone finally was learning to reach out to the audience more just as, sadly, she was eliminated -- prior to her last few dances, she had been very proficient but not really letting much personality/warmth/emotion come through in her performances. But she was starting to let go a bit just when she was eliminated. Still, she made it to 4th in kind of an up-and-down season.

Rashad was great start to finish and good in most of the dance styles. I loved his freestyle but also loved his cha-cha tango fusion last night, the final competitive performance.

0 Not allowed!
    Would you have been upset if David would have won??

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I don't think he was the strongest dancer, but the audience vote has always been such a big determinant, that I wouldn't have been too surprised or disappointed. It sounds like a cliche, but with the popularity contest component, I think that anyone who makes the finals or even semifinals has accomplished a lot and is, in a sense, a winner.

David and, especially, the pairing of David and Lindsay were at least always fun to watch, and David did at least appear to be giving it his all and putting in the effort.

Would you have been upset with a David win? Honestly, when Normani was called third, I kind of figured David's popularity was going to take him all the way.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8