Nancy Kerrigan on Dancing w/the Stars | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Nancy Kerrigan on Dancing w/the Stars

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Kristi's tweet made the CBS national news last night. They showed footage of the whack, of Kristi winning the mirror ball, and and of Nancy's dance. :)

That is a classic tweet. And obviously was meant to be tongue-in-cheek and humorous. I don't think it would have gone over so well if Tonya had tweeted it. :laugh:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Nancy's samba was the dance of the night for me last Monday. Her ability to keep the basic samba hip movement throughout was impressive, and it was still a showy, "big" dance.

mintx

On the Ice
Nancy is doing better than I expected. Her attitude is great. I'm also enjoying David Ross the baseball player. He looks like he is having so much fun. Simone is good but she needs to learn to show more emotion.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
^Yes, David is lots of fun! I think my top 3 are Nancy, Simone, and Rashad, with David a close fourth. Overall I think it's quite a solid season.

For some reason, remembering Artem with Maureen McCormick, I was thinking Nancy would be paired with him -- and was delighted when my "feeling" proved to be right. Artem seems so, so happy with such an even keeled, athletic partner. [Remembering Maureen's extreme level of emotion, especially in her first few weeks. I liked her, but she was quite tearful!]

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Kristi was a great skater and hard worker- obviously it was a very very stupid thing to tweet unless she and Nancy have joked about the Tonya whack over the Years. Still given how the general public knows of Nancy and Tonya it was really beyond clueless to say. Kristii had that great post whack 10 years to make a fortune then got married and became a full time mom. No college just many many pro tours to rake in th bucks. She is no Michell Kwan. It shows how nice Kerrigan actually is that she didn't tweet snark back. Nancy always was dignified and people still see her as snarky for being upset she was robbed and she was her true self. Not the ice princess but a tomboy athlete with great dresses.

Anyway she is far better now than she was as a young lady. She could not dance at all and was very self conscious. But giving birth three times clearly made Nancy grow up. I am surprised she can do a samba that well. Given the best skater in the world is skating to 911 sounds maybe Nancy should shock the world and dance to a song called Why? Maybe Kristi can choreograph. Hey Tonya would do it in a red hot minute. I am surprised that Tonya never wrote a book called " if I planned the whack here is how it would have happened." OJ Simpson actually wrote a book like that that very few people bought thank goodness. Anyway I haven't seen the show but I wish Nancy well. She was lucky the guy missed her knee.

Good luck Nancy. Please don't break a leg!

Last edited:

noskates

Record Breaker
I guess my take on this is a little different. I think the media blew Kristi's tweet out of proportion. Kristi and Nancy are good friends,roomed together during competitions, etc. Kristi is NOT insensitive. I truly think this was a nothing comment that got a lot of unnecessary press.

Thought Nancy did a great job last week. She has really nice legs and her costume showed them off.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
"Break a leg" is classic show jargon. And Nancy did better than that. She tweeted a pic of her with Kristi holding a sign saying break a leg.

I don't understand the hate spewed towards Kristi because she supported a long time friend (and former roomie).

mintx

On the Ice
Kristi's tweet brought lots of attention to Kerigan and her participation on DWTS. So thanks Kristi. I don't think it was insensitive just a little tounge in cheek.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Kristi was a great skater and hard worker- obviously it was a very very stupid thing to tweet unless she and Nancy have joked about the Tonya whack over the Years. Still given how the general public knows of Nancy and Tonya it was really beyond clueless to say. Kristii had that great post whack 10 years to make a fortune then got married and became a full time mom. No college just many many pro tours to rake in th bucks. She is no Michell Kwan. It shows how nice Kerrigan actually is that she didn't tweet snark back. Nancy always was dignified and people still see her as snarky for being upset she was robbed and she was her true self. Not the ice princess but a tomboy athlete with great dresses.

Anyway she is far better now than she was as a young lady. She could not dance at all and was very self conscious. But giving birth three times clearly made Nancy grow up. I am surprised she can do a samba that well. Given the best skater in the world is skating to 911 sounds maybe Nancy should shock the world and dance to a song called Why? Maybe Kristi can choreograph. Hey Tonya would do it in a red hot minute. I am surprised that Tonya never wrote a book called " if I planned the whack here is how it would have happened." OJ Simpson actually wrote a book like that that very few people bought thank goodness. Anyway I haven't seen the show but I wish Nancy well. She was lucky the guy missed her knee.

Good luck Nancy. Please don't break a leg!

I guess I see the press Nancy got in her competitive heyday (replay of her crying moments after the attack, etc.) as kind of like what happened with Kristi's recent tweet -- blown out of proportion by the media. But I appreciate your perspective and thoughts.

Kristi was a great skater and hard worker -- obviously it was a very very stupid thing to tweet unless she and Nancy have joked about the Tonya whack over the Years. Still given how the general public knows of Nancy and Tonya it was really beyond clueless to say. Kristii had that great post whack 10 years to make a fortune then got married and became a full time mom...

Oh, no. I can't let this slide by.
Our Kristi's sweet as apple pie,
The shining star of S-O-I.

First, her tweet is awesome. (I looked it up. This is an antonym for stupid and clueless).

Second, you make it seem like it is a bad thing to make a lot of money, then get married, have children, and live happily ever after.

"Break a leg" is classic show jargon. And Nancy did better than that. She tweeted a pic of her with Kristi holding a sign saying break a leg...

And here is your gift, Toni. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZJ1QIUkWWQ

Russia rallied to win this team competition on the strength of Gordeeva & Grinkov and Usova & Zhulin, even though USA had Paul Wylie doing Henry V as well as Kristi.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Oh, no. I can't let this slide by.
Our Kristi's sweet as apple pie,
The shining star of S-O-I.

First, her tweet is awesome. (I looked it up. This is an antonym for stupid and clueless).

Second, you make it seem like it is a bad thing to make a lot of money, then get married, have children, and live happily ever after.

And here is your gift, Toni. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZJ1QIUkWWQ

Russia rallied to win this team competition on the strength of Gordeeva & Grinkov and Usova & Zhulin, even though USA had Paul Wylie doing Henry V as well as Kristi.

I just adore her. :love:

tulosai

Record Breaker

Thank you, this REALLY irked me too. There is more than one way to be successful in life, and Kristi seems happy. Sure, she didn't go to college, but she identified what she wanted to do with her life, and she DID IT. She may not have Michelle Kwan's professional accomplishments, but Michelle doesn't have a husband of 17 years or two children either, every person wants and prioritizes different things, and excels at different things too. Good for Kristi for living the life she wants, she doesn't have anything to prove to anyone, and honestly, anyone who thinks being a 'full time mom' is a joke compared to working for money and only for lazy people probably either doesn't have kids or else didn't spend much time with theirs.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Kristi's Always Dream Foundation celebrated its 20th anniversary last year.

Kristi has written several children's books.

Kristi is a businesswoman selling her own clothing line.

Kristi hosts most or all of the Disson shows.

Etc., etc.

She has a professional life in addition to her life as a wife and mother.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

glorybox6

Final Flight
Wow, Nancy revealed that she had six miscarriages over eight years on last night's episode:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...-miscarriages-dancing-stars/story?id=46727192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJWIncZyZvo

I believe I'd heard of one miscarriage previously, but not multiple. It must have been so difficult to be going through that at the busiest time of her career, too.

As painful a memory as this is, it's refreshing to see Nancy speaking so openly and honestly in this segment. It seems like the DWTS experience has been a good one for her so far.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Nancy did well with her dance tonight to "Enchanted" (Disney night).

Also, she got her props from Erin, the sports announcer-DWTS co-host. In the interview after her dance, Nancy talked about her nervous she always gets, and Erin said, But you're Nancy Kerrigan! Nancy continued talking about nerves, getting too excited, etc. and Erin said again, But you're Nancy Kerrigan! Respect for her 2 Olympic medals, I guess!