Nancy Kerrigan on Dancing w/the Stars | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Nancy Kerrigan on Dancing w/the Stars

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Didn't get to watch live last night but am going through the videos. Nancy was smooth and joyful and (not that the term is usually applied to a woman) kind of dapper in that dance. Simone and Sasha are upping the wow factor without going OTT -- really liked their "Moana" contemporary. And Rashad and Emma were the embodiment of flowing, heady, romantic ballroom dancing.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Heather's elimination is good news for Nancy. Before that she was fifth in average score, with a big gap to the three men below her (so she was the "bottom of the good skaters" instead of the "top of the bad skaters"). Now she if fourth in the average score chart and stands a good chance of being in the top 4.

Jennifer Lyon

On the Ice
Heather's elimination is good news for Nancy. Before that she was fifth in average score, with a big gap to the three men below her (so she was the "bottom of the good skaters" instead of the "top of the bad skaters"). Now she if fourth in the average score chart and stands a good chance of being in the top 4.

Rashad is the only one of the four guys who SHOULD make the final four (unless one of the others shows a sudden, dramatic improvement). But who knows? When it came down to Heather and Nancy, my initial thought was Nancy would get booted off before Heather. But after I thought about it for awhile (and DWTS gives us plenty of time to think while the bottom two are standing beneath the red light of doom), I figured Nancy would be safe and Heather would be gone. Nancy's fan base watches DWTS. They vote. Heather's fan base are kids who watched "Glee" back when they were in middle/high school, and now they're off at college. They don't watch DWTS.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
DWTS always walks a fine line when they cast someone who has a lot of previous dance experience. Sometimes they can win (Nicole Scherzinger, Jennifer Grey), but often there's a backlash against them if they are perceived as "too good" (Sabrina Bryan). I think Heather fell into that category.

I agree that Rashad is the only man who deserves to out-stay Nancy, but David Ross might do it because he's so darned likeable and has a lot of Chicago Cubs fans (and other people in the Chicago area) rooting for him.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Sorry Kristi fans I saw the pic they did. So it's cool to see the girls now women follow same paths. I personally admire Kerrigan more. She has been through some things. Kritis was a lovely pro skater but I always found her vapid. There's a reason she never got a top broadcast job. She seldom speaks out and is so pc it is dull.

My point was she has ridden the gold medal and has had only good luck. Nancy even fought for her kids. She has been fighting for all she has all her life. Compelling story besides the whack. Her dad was truly a gem of a man. I loved her skating. And I never cared about her comments. She was flawless in 94 with the best Vera wang dress to date.

They seem to like her. Well figure skaters are tough girls. That is for sure.

Icey

Record Breaker
Sorry Kristi fans I saw the pic they did. So it's cool to see the girls now women follow same paths. I personally admire Kerrigan more. She has been through some things. Kritis was a lovely pro skater but I always found her vapid. There's a reason she never got a top broadcast job. She seldom speaks out and is so pc it is dull.

My point was she has ridden the gold medal and has had only good luck. Nancy even fought for her kids. She has been fighting for all she has all her life. Compelling story besides the whack. Her dad was truly a gem of a man. I loved her skating. And I never cared about her comments. She was flawless in 94 with the best Vera wang dress to date.

They seem to like her. Well figure skaters are tough girls. That is for sure.

Kristi has had only good luck????? I don't think being born with club feet is good luck for a skater. And while it is debatable, there has been some feeling that because of her Japanese heritage she did not get the really big endorsements most American Olympic gold medalist get after winning the gold medal. And her grand parents being put in interment camps in the US during World War II is not good luck either.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So, Nancy's time on DWTS has come to an end. She had a very respectable showing, better than I expected at the beginning. And I appreciate that she didn't play the older/injured/overemotional cards that so many contestants do. I'm a bit miffed that Bonner outlasted her, other wise she had the final result I expected.

mintx

On the Ice
Agreed. She did well. She lasted a long time, longer than some of the better dancers. I appreciate her talking so openly about her miscarriages it's such a taboo topic.

[Kristi Yamaguchi] seldom speaks out and is so pc it is dull.

I am pc and dull, too. I guess that's why I like Kristi, she's like me. I never felt an obligation to to tell everything I was thinking.

My point was she has ridden the gold medal and has had only good luck.

Kristi does seem to lead a charmed life. I wouldn't say it was luck, though. I would say it was more, working like the devil to make sure she could take advantage of the opportunities that came her way.

Anyway, about Dancing with the Stars, Nancy was better than the baseball player and the cowboy. I still think that Simone Biles has the inside track because of her built-in fan base. Normani Kordai is the best dancer (duh) but voters may think that she has a unfair advantage. I wouldn't mind if the football player swept in and won it all.

mintx

On the Ice
The baseball player is clearly the worst dancer left but the most charming. I love his attitude. When celebrities I don't know compete, like the football player and the cowboy, I need their charm to win me over and they haven't. Even Simone has not been as engaging as I hoped.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The baseball player is clearly the worst dancer left but the most charming. I love his attitude. When celebrities I don't know compete, like the football player and the cowboy, I need their charm to win me over and they haven't. Even Simone has not been as engaging as I hoped.

Based on judges scores over the course of the season, the baseball player has been better than the cowboy. For the last few weeks, their scores have been within 1 point of each other, so nearly tied.

mintx

On the Ice
I forgot about the cowboy. I've loved some of the obscure stars in the past but this season they gave not captured my attention.

noskates

Record Breaker
I read something that stated the show's producers think that people are voting for their favorite pro dancer rather than the celebrity. That could very well be because I always loved anyone Derek Hough danced with. Don't care for Max AT ALL and not so fond of Val so..... Basically this is a popularity contest anyway and not who the best dancer is. Nancy was so much better than the baseball player or the cowboy but didn't hit it off with the viewers. She really has no personality at all - never did - but I thought she was doing a good job dancing. Simone doesn't do it for me. She's tiny and athletic but she doesn't have a dancer's body and there just isn't any charisma there. Have no clue who will win this (probably Simone or the football player) but I do enjoy watching David and Bonner because they DO have personality and they DO have charisma and they seem to be having fun with it. Personally I think this show has jumped the shark!!

Inessence

Rinkside
Anyone else catch when the host asked Nancy a question after their dance and ended it with Why? Why? Why?

mintx

On the Ice
David is my favorite this season and of course it's a popularity contest. If it was a dance contest dance judges would make the decisions who to cut and there would be no vote.

Perfume

Match Penalty
I read something that stated the show's producers think that people are voting for their favorite pro dancer rather than the celebrity. That could very well be because I always loved anyone Derek Hough danced with. Don't care for Max AT ALL and not so fond of Val so..... Basically this is a popularity contest anyway and not who the best dancer is. Nancy was so much better than the baseball player or the cowboy but didn't hit it off with the viewers. She really has no personality at all - never did - but I thought she was doing a good job dancing. Simone doesn't do it for me. She's tiny and athletic but she doesn't have a dancer's body and there just isn't any charisma there. Have no clue who will win this (probably Simone or the football player) but I do enjoy watching David and Bonner because they DO have personality and they DO have charisma and they seem to be having fun with it. Personally I think this show has jumped the shark!!
My biggest question is why people still care about this kind of show...

Perfume

Match Penalty
But then, too, you can ask the same question about any TV show. :yes:
I haven't watched television for years.

About Nancy, something about her will never chance. She is just not charming. It can't be helped. Star quality can't be imposed on someone. It's good she still get some support though.