Who do you hope to see on the world podium? | Golden Skate

Who do you hope to see on the world podium?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Well I always start with ladies. Naturally the disclaimer whoever skates best that night as you know fairness and justice is who I am( libra- the scales).

But still I want to see at least one deserving North American make it.

The gold will likely go to a Evgenia. Pretty much a lock. I think the Japanese fed is powerful so based on the past if Satoko is clean she likely will podium. She is up against 3 great Russians but Anna P has the inside track last two years.

Of course I'd rather Ashley had the skate of her life she might get bronze seeing she isn't skating in USA this year. This would be a great thing and a great hope for Olympics. I love Karen Chens sp and I can seee maybe maybe intl judges will see she is the total package. She has confidence and could be the American on podium. I don't see Bell as being confident. Her nerves seem to blow up her talent. But she is adorable. I enjoy her very much when she is in control.

It looks like Mai is possible although she should not be on podiums yet with the childish programs and really lacks pcs but we just saw 4cc so there you have it. Technical skills win. She is a kid so it's a walk in the park like for Tara at that age. She is a cute child but certainly not close in any way to several top ten stylish artistic ladies. Wakaba could put it down. There is power and maturity and focus there. So those are my two Japanese ladies possible and I would prefer Wakaba if Satoko messes up over Mai.

I really really want Ashley or Karen to take a spot but if not I am very much a fan of Katelyn. When on she is majestic and a very special ladies who has it all. I would be thrilled for Canada to see that Joanie Rochette has a successor. If she fails I am rooting for Gabby Daleman who I was talking up for her competitive verve when Osmond was injured falling forgotten. And all talk then was Alaine who is awesome as well. But a nervous competitor I felt Gabby would outperform her and she has.

If we can't get an American to skate lights out and keep the Russian sweep away, then I'm rooting for Canada. It was great seeeing three Canadian ladies champs at their nationals. They have never had it so good.

As for men Nathan Chen could win this and that would be thrilling. I would like to see Patrick do his best and podium- kind of a long shot. Hangul has this great sp but his long has not grabbed me but when clean or close he simply flies. I have been a Javi fan for years when he was new to Orser. I like his programs and his Malaquena is so authentic. I really don't care for Boyang yet despite the quads and don't like Spider-Man. Watching an elegant guy like Jason is a reward in itself but men's skating is about variety of quads and his time I think has peaked. As a taller, more muscular guy he is really at a disadvantage. His age goes against him learning to do a couple in competition. Patrick is now an underdog but his skating skills are so beautiful they love him and root for his jumps.

I think it will be quad meisters on the podium and Chen is a force of nature. His style is evolving despite the injuries he is truly a phenom. I think he will will and I hope he does.

I would like to see Chock and Bates take gold. I don't agree the ships are better this year or that their programs are harder. That said Virtue /Moir likely will. I have never been as crazy about P/C as others. Strangely I prefer the male skater in this pair to the female and I enjoy them but not loving this years dances.

As for ice dance I am not paying attention but I have always like Stolbova/klimov since 2014. I don't really watch the programs even the top teams so I leave that for another to talk about. Though I am not a trumpulist I do support the north Americans as I am one and they are underdogs in two disciplines.

What I don't want to see is any country sweeping unless it is totally earned. And the Russsian girls could earn it. I am assuming the R team is Zhenya, anna and sostskova. Please if that is not the selection for number 3 someone please correct me. I like all these ladies and they are truly impressive. But hey hoping us or Canada or Japan can grab a spot.

Who are you hoping has the skates of their lives? Thanks for opinion.

Last edited:

friedbeefmince

On the Ice
As for men Nathan Chen could win this and that would be thrilling. I would like to see Patrick do his best and podium- kind of a long shot. Hangul has this great sp but his long has not grabbed me but when clean or close he simply flies. I have been a Javi fan for years when he was new to Orser. I like his programs and his Malaquena is so authentic. I really don't care for Boyang yet despite the quads and don't like Spider-Man. Watching an elegant guy like Jason is a reward in itself but men's skating is about variety of quads and his time I think has peaked. As a taller, more muscular guy he is really at a disadvantage. His age goes against him learning to do a couple in competition. Patrick is now an underdog but his skating skills are so beautiful they love him and root for his jumps.

I think it will be quad meisters on the podium and Chen is a force of nature. His style is evolving despite the injuries he is truly a phenom. I think he will will and I hope he does.

Hangul? :scratch2:

OniBan

Final Flight
Well I always start with ladies. Naturally the disclaimer whoever skates best that night as you know fairness and justice is who I am( libra- the scales).

But still I want to see at least one deserving North American make it.

The gold will likely go to a Evgenia. Pretty much a lock. I think the Japanese fed is powerful so based on the past if Satoko is clean she likely will podium. She is up against 3 great Russians but Anna P has the inside track last two years.

Satoko was clean in Boston last year and DID not podium O__O

for ladies these are who I'd like to see on the podium (please keep in mind that 'like to see' and 'likely to podium' are two very different things XD)

Anna (time to climb up one or a couple position from last year! She's an all round skater, pretty much balanced in terms of technical and performance skills, and I hope she stays healthy and consistent at Worlds)

Satoko (sentimental favourite. And she is a really beautiful skater, don't care what people said about her jumps. You're not doing them XD)

Evgenia (despite what some very vocal h8ers say, you have to say she delivers. I can't hate her for that. And she does seem like a genuinely adorable girl. So yes. If she delivers yet again, she deserves to be up there.)

Wakaba (another balanced skater IF she gets her jumps together, but I would love for skaters like her to win. Her style is wonderful to watch, so lyrical, loads of musicality).

Men

Patrick (sentimental pick - he's kinda like one of the 'old guards' facing off with the newbies. Also, love his style, and I wish for more men in skating to emulate those qualities)

Javier (another balanced skater, love his style, love his laid back personality - i get a kick out of thinking how everyone is so intensely QUAD EVERYTHING and if Javier happens to breeze through everything and win, that would just be crazy XD

Shoma (I really love his attributes as a skater - he is musical, performs well, but the pressure to quad as much as possible isn't bearing well on his programs i think. It would be too much to ask for Shoma of last year to be able to podium due to the extremely high standard of technical scores among men now. But that's the Shoma I love and hope would develop, and I would really like that Shoma to podium. also because he is a precious bunny/ smol bean/ everything that is cute and holy)

As for pairs, would love Sui/Han to WIN! Love this pair so much XDD
Savchenko/ Massot (because I have mad respect for Aliona for longevity and determination)
Tarasova/ Morosov (they are an interesting pair - pristine technique, she has gorgeous air position, just needs to up the ante on the 'it' factor. but I like them XD)

and ice dance, crazy as it sounds, I'd like Hubbell/ Donohue to be on the podium (something about them just gets to me, especially with their free dance this year). Don't care what placement, as long as they're there XD

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
My wishful World podiums;

Men: Nathan Chen / Javier Fernandez / Patrick Chan / Shoma Uno / Boyang Jin, any mix of them because they've given me a lot of joy these days. Practically speaking, they are top contenders for the podium, but if Denis Ten / Han Yan / Mikhail Kolyada can deliver at Worlds, they would be delightful medalists for me although their best shot would be a bronze position.

Ladies: Anna Pogorilaya / Satoko Miyahara / Ashley Wagner / Kaetlyn Osmond / Wakaba Higuchi, any mix of them would be happy, but I personally wish Zijun gets her credit that she deserves someday.

Pairs: Sui & Han or Savchenko & Massot for the gold because they are my Queens and Knights. As for the rest, which means a bronze, I love if it goes to one of Yu & Zhang, Peng & Jin, James & Cipres, Tarasova & Morosov, Stolbova & Klimov, Lubov & Dylan, Duhamel & Radford, Danny & Frazier - I want a fierce and exciting pair event!

Dance: Virtue & Moir or Papadakis & Cizeron for the gold and as for the rest I wish it goes to Weaver & Poje or Capellini & Lanotte. I love the Shibutanis, but W/P and C/L need some boost at this point.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I would love to see Kevin Reynolds, Denis Ten and Mikhail Kolyada on the podium. Since the likelihood of that happening to all three of them is about zero point zero, a slightly more realistic dream podium would be Hanyu, Shoma and... Fernandez or Boyang Jin, I guess. I'm not sold on Chen, sorry (although anyone skating to Le Corsaire and the Polovtsian dances gets brownie points from me).

Ladies: Anna for gold. Just for once I would like to see her on top. I don't want to see Medvedeva lose, but I want to see Anna win. ;-) And I need the Japanese ladies to do well enough to at least get three spots for the Olympics.

Violetti

On the Ice
I would like to see on the world podium Ashley Wagner, Kaetlyn Osmond, Carolina Kostner, Anna Pogorilaya, or even Sotskova

Men: Hanyu

Men : gold for Hanuy, silver for Uno, bronze for Kerry's-chest hairs.
Ladies : gold for Pogo and Wagner, silver for Kostner, and bronze for Satoko
Pairs : gold for Savchenko (bonus points if Massot get rid of his top mid performance), silver for Sui/Han, bronze for Larionov by himself (and the less clothed possible).
Dance : gold PapCiz, silver for Dirty Dancing FD, bronze for Gilles Poirier just based on the SD, they don't have to skate the FD given it's not a very good one.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
*Hope* or expect?

Hope: Jason Brown. :love: Slay the haters and reward artistry:hap10:

Expect? That will be for the prediction game.....

s_parks

Record Breaker
Men: Hanyu, Chan, and Ten. LOL.
Ladies: Pogorilaya, Wagner, Miyahara.
Pairs: S/H for gold, S/M for silver, couldn't care less who else podiums.
Dance: V/M, P/C, Shibs? Yeah, I don't care too much, aside from V/M...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Men: in my dreams, Hanyu because he's Hanyu, Deniss because he's my favorite, and Max Kovtun just so heads would explode. As far as realistic possibilities, Hanyu, Boyang, and Javier, I guess (not liking Javier's programs this season, but I still like him as a person)
Ladies: Evgenia, Anna, and Kaetlyn
Pairs: S/H, J/C and S/K (RUS) would be great, but T/M or S/M would be alright too
Ice Dance: not really interested but I'd like to see P/C beat V/M...unlikely as it might be

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
Shibs for gold :hap10:... if we're talking about hopes )))

Alex D

Record Breaker
For me personally, it doesn´t matter, as everyone is working very hard and deserves a spot on the podium. That being said, of course Madi and Evan, Kaety Osmond, Piper & Paul and Dylan & Liubov.

Skaters who are such great people if you meet them, who have invested so much and who are often overlooked.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
In my dream world:

Ladies- 1st Ashley, 2nd Satoko, 3rd Anna P or Carolina
Men-1st/2nd Javi/Nathan, 3rd Yuzu
Dance- 1st Shibs 2nd/3rd Hubbell/Donohue, Gilles/Poirer
Pairs- 1st Sui/Han, 2nd Knerims, 3rd James/Cipres

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Men - Chen, Shoma, Hanyu

Pairs - Sui/Han - not interested in other pairs

Dance - Virtue/Moir, they deserve to win. Hubble/Donohue, just because I like the look of their skating.

Women - Anyone will do. Pick three names out of a hat.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
It's wishlist. Some of the choices are a bit unrealistic.

Men - Yuzuru for gold, Javi, D10, Kolyada. If Chen medals then please no other than silver

Ladies - Pogo, Carolina, Dabin, Elizabet

Pairs - Sui/Han, Savchenko/Massot, Tarasova/Morozov OR Stolbova/Klimov

ID - Tessa/Scott for gold, silver, bronze, idk.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Men: Chen, Hanyu, Uno
Ladies: Chen, Mihara, Pogorilaya
Dance: Chock & Bates, Papadakis & Cizeron, Shibutanis
Pairs: Sui & Han, Ilushechkina & Moskovich, Cain & Le Duc

Florencito

Medalist
Disclaimer: very unrealistic hopes, more like impossible dreams

1) Javier (though I'm not sure whether I want him to go into the Olympic season as the 3 times defending World Champion :hopelessness:)
2) Deniss Vasiljevs
3) Who's even going to Worlds? I know my Daniel won't :cry: So Brezina or Ge. Brown would be fine too.

1) Mae Berenice Meite
2) Anna Pogorilaya
3) Dabin Choi

1) Sui/Han (high time they won something bigger than 4CC!)
2) Vanessa/Morgan
3) Seguin/Bilodeau

1) Cappellini/Lanotte
2) Papadakis/Cizeron (so maybe they'll go back to their old selves)
3) Gilles/Poirier