Tickets | Golden Skate

Tickets

Mianess

Rinkside
This might be way too early, but just wondering when will tickets be available?
It seems tickets to skating events in Japan is very difficult to secure, but I didn't have that issue when buying WC2014 (Saitama) tickets. In fact I managed to get an all event ticket at a very decent seat for that.

If you have any idea for GPF 2017, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

mimishshee

Spectator
This might be way too early, but just wondering when will tickets be available?
It seems tickets to skating events in Japan is very difficult to secure, but I didn't have that issue when buying WC2014 (Saitama) tickets. In fact I managed to get an all event ticket at a very decent seat for that.

If you have any idea for GPF 2017, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

I was actually wondering the exact same thing (though I admit we are a tad bit early XD).

I was looking around to see if I can find any information on on getting tickets for GPF 2017 and past GPF events but didn't seem to find anything. I could find information on WC's and even NHK trophies but GPF is hard.

Also, I heard that getting tickets for any figure skating event in Japan is extremely difficult? I have never been and I want to plan my first trip but I'm not sure how the ticketing process works. If anyone can help that would be great! Thanks!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Getting tickets can be extremely difficult if you are Japanese, living in Japan... it's literally a lottery. And it's made worse by:

a) Blocks of tickets reserved for VIP's, tour companies, etc

b) People forming networks, where each member tries to get as many tickets as they can - then if any of them manages to get any, they will share them within the network. They do the same with hotel bookings, programs etc. This offers people the best chance to get a ticket... but can also lead to people having more tickets, bookings etc than they actually need, while other people end up with nothing...

And then there is the suspicion that computer systems are routinely hacked by ticket touts, to lock out regular customers until they've grabbed all the best seats - which they resell at many times the face value... or that official sellers keep blocks of tickets for themselves, to do the same. (No proof of course... but you do have to wonder how tickets can be sold faster than a human can click through the required links, or type their payment details...?!)

It's apparently much easier to get tickets if you are non-Japanese, living outside of Japan... some tickets are typically reserved for foreigners at the big international events, and generally not subject to the above problems...

Last edited:

Mianess

Rinkside
Ah I see. Guess that explains why I managed to get WC 2014 ticket so easily.

Thought it was because that WC was right after Olympics so there are lesser skaters and thus audience.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Ah I see. Guess that explains why I managed to get WC 2014 ticket so easily.

Thought it was because that WC was right after Olympics so there are lesser skaters and thus audience.

The other point to consider: WC-2014 was held at Saitama Super Arena, which is with a capacity of 'between 19,000 and 22,500' (citing from Wiki). GPF 2017, on the other hand, has been announced to be held at Nippon Gaishi Hall in Nagoya. According to Wiki and the home page to Gaishi Hall, the capacity is ONLY 10,000.
The comparison is straightforward, and I can only imagine it will add to the difficulties of getting GPF 2017 tickets. (And I totally understand why Japanese FS fans on twitter are constantly wishing/requesting if event such as Japan FS Nationals could be held at Saitama!)

DaPurpleDino

Final Flight
are there any updates on the tickets? I'm trying to decide between this or the olympics but I'm not sure if NZ will even be allocated fs tickets for the olympics :(

Clairechang

Rinkside
I don't live in Japan and I'm a foreigner... How can I get tickets? like is there a official cite or something?

Ellie493

Rinkside
Hello,

I intend to attend the Grand Prix final, but I don't know where to look for tickets... is there a website in English?

If not, I would gladly accept help from anyone here who speaks Japanese, and in return I can secure a ticket for them as well, since tickets are so hard to come by in Japan, and I would be using the international site.

Please feel free to contact me :)

Georgina

Spectator
I'm very new to figure skating and have never attended any competitions beyond whatever is at my local rink, so I'm not sure how far in advance GPF tickets usually sell out.

I say this because I did find links for the three companies authorised to sell Grand Prix Series tickets, as per the Figure Skate Japan website:

http://www.ticketrep.jp/item_search/?page=0&ra=3aaf614b04ce7269

https://www.stubhub.jp/フィギュアスケートチケ...eric&utm_content=linkbuild&affid=170304234585

http://worldsports-c.com/page_264.html

(Don't know why the second link is so long - sorry!)

All these sites still seem to be selling tickets for the other Grand Prix Series events, but I can't find any links to tickets for the finals... would they be sold out already?

For reference, here is the Figure Skate Japan site:

http://figureskatejapan.com/competition/gps2017.html

The table listing authorised sellers is near the bottom of the page (it reads "グランプリシリーズ2017を取り扱うチケット会社").

I would be seriously interested in going myself, if tickets are still available. I lived in Nagoya for most of 2015 and this seems like the perfect excuse to go back and visit friends!

I can also ascribe the start of my interest in figure skating to the time I spent there. It was on tv constantly when I was there and Asada Mao was on literally everyting - posters, random tv ads, train signs... When I went to the top of Nagoya castle, the first thing my guide pointed out was some obscure building I couldn't see - he was like "that's the rink where Mao-chan trained when she was in high school!"

If only I'd known sooner - I'd love to go back for something like this!

Clairechang

Rinkside
Thanks for the information!
By the way, does anyone has any ideas about whether it is easier to get a ticket form oversea or via the lottery process?

Clairechang

Rinkside
Also,it seems that you have to go through a identification check process before entering the venue. So is it still possible to let someone else help for lottery?

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Official website to GPF 2017: http://gpf2017japan.jp/index.html
Buying tickets from oversea: http://www.e-tix.jp/gpf2017oversea/gpf2017oversea.html
(seems to be the same as NHK trophy. (Oversea) tickets go on sale from Sept 9th 10am JST)

Thanks so much for the heads-up cohkaix! Do you have any idea if we have to do a separate order for each day, or, will there will be a shopping cart and we can place one order for multiple days? I sure hope it's the latter--guess will get the answer when NHK tickets go on sale.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Received word from e-tix that a separate order must be placed for each day 🙁

That's too bad! I don't have much experience purchasing tickets to FS competitions in Japan...well I did go once for WC-2014, but that was at Saitama Super Arena, which is HUGE. It was easier to get tickets and I got it through lottery (with pia). I never consider NHK, since I can watch the competitions on TV at home (via NHK world premium overseas), nor GPF this year as the skater I want to see has already retired.

[Adding: I don't really know how it's going to work with lottery this year either, as I just recently got notice from PIA website that soon they're going to require SMS verification for ticketing (which means you need to have a local phone to get messages while buying tickets). And as far as I know, L-tike (through lawson ticket) simply blocks oversea ip... ]

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The NHK "Abroad Sales" was a debacle. The tickets were gone in less than two minutes. I think the Japanese Federation and e-tix let the bots in and fear GPF sales in two weeks will be exactly the same. Sad that organizers are unable to ensure fairness and equity for those of us outside of Japan. The tickets sales for Saitama 2014 were fair and enabled many foreign spectators, including myself, to attend that Worlds. The situation is sad :(