Skating to rock/metal music | Golden Skate

Skating to rock/metal music

blessedwithacurse

Spectator
Is there someone who listen to rock/metal bands? If yes, which bands are your favorites?
Maybe is there someone who tried to skate to metal song? I have never seen that, but i'm certainly sure that it will look so amazing.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty

Rissa

Record Breaker
As far as metal goes, I'm pretty sure I saw a Pairs program to Nothing Else Matters, somebody refresh my memory.

Rock isn't that rare, however, from the top of my head, there have been some Muse recently, some Queen, Scorpions, Samarin's "Come With Me Now" by Congos qualifies alternative rock, Hanyu's Let's Go Crazy, Javier's Black Betty, Morgan and Cipres doing Sounds of Sielnce, I'm pretty sure someone did a medley of Pink Floyd recently (not sure junior or senior though)

(as for personal preferences, I'm a T-shirt wearing concert-going fan of Therion, and I'd give my firstborn of Hanyu skated to Camelot's March of Mephisto)

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As far as metal goes, I'm pretty sure I saw a Pairs program to Nothing Else Matters, somebody refresh my memory.

Rock isn't that rare, however, from the top of my head, there have been some Muse recently, some Queen, Scorpions, Samarin's "Come With Me Now" by Congos qualifies alternative rock, Hanyu's Let's Go Crazy, Javier's Black Betty, Morgan and Cipres doing Sounds of Sielnce, I'm pretty sure someone did a medley of Pink Floyd recently (not sure junior or senior though)

(as for personal preferences, I'm a T-shirt wearing concert-going fan of Therion, and I'd give my firstborn of Hanyu skated to Camelot's March of Mephisto)

Alexa and Chris skated their SP to Nothing Else Matters by Metallica in 15/16. It was great and Alexa was fierce and I don't even like Metallica.;)

Rissa

Record Breaker
Alexa and Chris skated their SP to Nothing Else Matters by Metallica in 15/16. It was great and Alexa was fierce and I don't even like Metallica.;)

Yeah, that was them, although now that I've looked it up, it's some sort of a combination of the original, some female-sung cover version, and pethaps the (kickasss) Apocalyptica cover version? Sill, quite metal overall.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Metal is my favourite type of music (but curiously I dislike "heavy metal" like Metallica or Iron Maiden ...) and Rock comes second close! I usually enjoy rock - themed skating programs with Vasiljevs' SP being my favourite this season. As much as I love metal ... I don't think this is skateable music, too distracting - esp. one of my favourite genres - Black metal.

Favourite bands (metal) - Agalloch, Tristania, Alcest, Negura Bunget, Kylesa, Mastodon, Theatre of Tragedy, Within Temptation, Draconian, Katatonia, Drudkh, Moonspell, Gojira.

Rock: Anathema (also metal music in the 90s), Pink Floyd, Queens of The Stone Age, The Gathering (metal too in the 90s - my favourite metal album of all time is theirs - Mandylion from 1995), Opeth - rock & metal, Alice In Chains (grunge), Slowdive, Her Name Is Calla.

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Not to forget, Misha Ge had an SP to Paint It Black this season but he abandoned it.

Kovtun's doing Iron Sky from Paolo Nutoni which suits him very well.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not to forget, Misha Ge had an SP to Paint It Black this season but he abandoned it.

Kovtun's doing Iron Sky from Paolo Nutoni which suits him very well.

Good point, and I preferred Misha's original SP to his new SP too, although not so much the cover version. Then again, I remember the original:biggrin:

I don't know if this is metal, but Michelle Kwan had a short program in the 2000 season to Eric Clapton (Rush medley). It's pretty loud and has an electric guitar playing as furiously as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXQiSkJgtno

Ben Agosto is pretty good on the guitar, by the way. I went to a benefit show that he and Tanith Belbin organized, where Ben played some savage rock guitar while skating. It was pretty cool. I went to the matinee. Unfortunately, for the evening show the sound system went out and left poor Ben apparently miming playing the guitar while skating around the ice. Anyway, they raised more than $25,000 for tsunami victims in Indonesia. :rock:

Rissa

Record Breaker
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JtpvkqiWtTQ

Does "Earned It By the Weekend" count?
James & Cipres at Euros this year...

Doesn't sound rock, even soft rock, to my ears? More pop with shades of r&b?

But whatever the genre, the performance was out of this world! :yes:

(One thing needs to be said, the songs in that movie were way better than the movie deserved. Just like Twilight.)

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Doesn't sound rock, even soft rock, to my ears? More pop with shades of r&b?

But whatever the genre, the performance was out of this world! :yes:

You're right... :eek:: I watched it again and agree :slink: but I can't get enough of this performance..:love::dance2: