Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Results 106 to 116 of 116

Thread: "There will never be anyone like...!"

  1. #106
    Bona Fide Member CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,024
    Country: United States of America

    2 Not allowed!

    Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcash View Post
    Michelle Kwan, who epitomized modern elegance in Ladies's Skating. Her carriage and her use of shoulders and arms were pure joy to the eye.
    Many skaters today look positively retrograde compared to her.
    She meets the criteria not only for her elegance and great artistry.....her long carreer of successes......and the fact that she fired Frank C. She also got through her bad hair phase!!!!! And THAT is a true legand....

  2. #107
    Bona Fide Member CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,024
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaPat View Post
    I don't think "there will never be anyone like..." implies a legend or a winner of championships, but someone who was distinctive (unique) in some aspect. I think of it as being distinct in their style, but some other people see it as being a pioneer, being the first to do "something", having a big impact on the sport, having an interesting life story, or winning a lot of medals of various sorts.

    As I said, I think of it as "most distinctive" rather than "most accomplished", and for that Surya Bonaly wins the prize.
    I think we need the thread starter to refine their definition. In its purest sense, if the definition means "unique", and "not soon if ever exceeded" , then there are many many unique skaters and for many many reasons. I am personally hoping there is never going to be another TH. But she may be unique indeed if you consider off ice exploits. If the above is true, then of course SB can win one of the many prizes....she had buckets of spunk if nothing else....!

  3. #108
    Bona Fide Member CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,024
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Evgeni Plushenko

    edited:

    -his talent
    -his skating
    -his medals
    -his achievements
    -his diversity on ice
    -his charisma
    -his dedication to the skating
    -his dedication to the sports
    -his longevity in skating
    -his longevity in landing of quads ( 1997-2016!!!!!)
    -his longevity in landing of other hard jumps for ex 3A ( 1996-2016)
    -his personality:
    -originality
    -humour on ice and off ice
    -courage
    -sincerity
    -sexyness
    -cuteness
    -his look
    -his attractiveness
    -many people's inexplicable and incomprehensible love
    -people's hate
    -his freedom
    -his independence
    -his inspiration for the fans
    -his inspiration for the skaters
    -his connect with the audience
    -his influence on the viewers
    -his influence on the figure skating


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVGRZLmIEIw - Impressive Quotes of Evgeni Plushenko
    Oh come on....PLEEEEZZZZZE . You like him cause you think he is cute. End of story. If he looked like Radar from "Mash" you wouldnt think one second about all the rest.....
    Chris who is putting in Tatiana Navka
    http://moejackson.com/2006/02/23/hot...ian-gold-baby/

  4. #109
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,771
    Country: Hungary

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Oh come on....PLEEEEZZZZZE . You like him cause you think he is cute. End of story. If he looked like Radar from "Mash" you wouldnt think one second about all the rest.....
    Chris who is putting in Tatiana Navka
    http://moejackson.com/2006/02/23/hot...ian-gold-baby/
    LOL! Your post shows you don't know anything about him. You don't know him, you don't follow him and you don't watch those videos pics what some posters( not only me) showed in the threads. There are many cases, stories on ice and off ice ... You didn't see those exhibitions where he was definitely cute or funny.

  5. #110
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,841

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Oh come on....PLEEEEZZZZZE . You like him cause you think he is cute. End of story. If he looked like Radar from "Mash" you wouldnt think one second about all the rest.....
    Chris who is putting in Tatiana Navka
    http://moejackson.com/2006/02/23/hot...ian-gold-baby/
    Is this a joke???? I could write a novel about Plushy and the fact that he's cute is simply a bonus. He has so many other qualities that make him special and if you have truly followed him, you'd know I'm right. I'm not going to write a novel about how much I like and respect Plushy. However, if you were to look through these pages, I've probably written enough about Plushy over the years to write quite a story.....
    Last edited by mrrice; 03-23-2017 at 01:55 AM.

  6. #111
    Hitting the "you're too sexy" button
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,441
    Country: Australia

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Oh come on....PLEEEEZZZZZE . You like him cause you think he is cute. End of story. If he looked like Radar from "Mash" you wouldnt think one second about all the rest.....
    Chris who is putting in Tatiana Navka
    http://moejackson.com/2006/02/23/hot...ian-gold-baby/
    If he was still landing 4T-3T-3Lo we damn well would think he was best.

    Frankly, I despise the "you only like xyz sportsman because he's cute". In my experience it is a beyond sexist term used by men to demean and degrade women who have as much knowledge as, or more knowledge than, the man themselves. Because apparently women aren't supposed to like sport or something.

    Yes, I am needled; being a female motorsport fan and hearing "you only like Mark Webber because he's cute" while in the same breath those same "superior fans" talked about the girls wearing short skirts being the only reason they watched women's tennis made the agenda obvious.

  7. #112
    Tripping on the Podium SnowWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    723
    Country: Canada

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    If he was still landing 4T-3T-3Lo we damn well would think he was best.

    Frankly, I despise the "you only like xyz sportsman because he's cute". In my experience it is a beyond sexist term used by men to demean and degrade women who have as much knowledge as, or more knowledge than, the man themselves. Because apparently women aren't supposed to like sport or something.

    Yes, I am needled; being a female motorsport fan and hearing "you only like Mark Webber because he's cute" while in the same breath those same "superior fans" talked about the girls wearing short skirts being the only reason they watched women's tennis made the agenda obvious.
    I hate that. The number of guys I've met who end up shocked that I know more about hockey than they do. And it's also like, I can be a legit fan of the sport, super knowledgable with tons of non looks related reasons to like the player/ athlete and also happen to find them attractive. I'm a fan of male athletes I think are good looking and ones I'm not attracted to. It has nothing to do with it. If they're cute, that's a bonus.

  8. #113
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,771
    Country: Hungary

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Oh come on....PLEEEEZZZZZE . You like him cause you think he is cute. End of story. If he looked like Radar from "Mash" you wouldnt think one second about all the rest.....
    I had no time to respond you thoroughly. Yes, I'm a fan of Plushenko but I'm not a teenage fan girl. I perfectly understand why I like him. I'm a big fan because Plushenko is all of my points. Not vice versa I'm a fan thus I'm dreaming about his properties. He is not flawless, perfect but he is an extraordinary person.

    Do you think that is too much what I wrote about him in my post? Wich are unbelieveable for you?

    - cuteness - there are thousands examples.. have you seen his Asissai program, or one of his master classe videos? Definitely cute

    - his look: tall guy: lovely body, icy blue eyes, long silky silver blonde hair and big nose

    - sexyness : he was officially the sex symbol of FS since the sex bomb program to 2006. I can show you articles as he was mention in this name: for ex: http://plushwinner.narod.ru/eng/eng_article050.htm
    Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 3h
    @waflanagan Hanyu skated like Plushenko's heir today, playing to crowd, injecting a touch of sexual frisson, being a ham. Seriously.

    -freedome, sincerity: he always says what he thinks, he lives, does as he wants...the director of the Russian documentary about Sochi also said about him he is an inwardly free man...

    -courage, independence: he was the only one Russian figure skater who signed the petition against the Russian anti gay law despite the fact he respects Putin and he is one of the favorite athletes of Putin. Johnny is his best friend and he invited Johnny to his shows when was the biggest scandal surrounding the anti-gay law

    -inspiration for fans : many fans wrote him he is their inspiration, the fans made about him thousands drawings and other cute things, there are more than 260 fan montages on Youtube now...

    -inspiration for skaters: Yuzuru, Fernandez, Amodio, Han Yan, Reynolds, Boyang Jin, Medvedeva, Nathan Chen, etc., and many Russian skaters called him one of their idols. Mao Asada has two respected persons Midori and Evgeni.

    Todd Eldredge @toddeldredge 20h
    So impressed by @EvgeniPlushenko still skating & competitive after so many years. ‪#‎legend‬ & incredible inspiration for all Russian skaters!

    Elvis Stojko @Therealestojko 20h
    @toddeldredge @EvgeniPlushenko I agree my friend. An inspiration to skaters everywhere!

    Tom Zakrajsek @CoachTomZ 18h
    @SkatingLesson Aka "hero points" U still have 2 admire Plushenko. He is the male Dara Tores of figure skating.


    "There will never be anyone like Plushenko!"
    Last edited by plushyfan; 03-24-2017 at 07:27 AM.

  9. #114
    Bona Fide Member CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,024
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    I had no time to respond you thoroughly. Yes, I'm a fan of Plushenko but I'm not a teenage fan girl. I perfectly understand why I like him. I'm a big fan because Plushenko is all of my points. Not vice versa I'm a fan thus I'm dreaming about his properties. He is not flawless, perfect but he is an extraordinary person.

    Do you think that is too much what I wrote about him in my post? Wich are unbelieveable for you?

    - cuteness - there are thousands examples.. have you seen his Asissai program, or one of his master classe videos? Definitely cute

    - his look: tall guy: lovely body, icy blue eyes, long silky silver blonde hair and big nose

    - sexyness : he was officially the sex symbol of FS since the sex bomb program to 2006. I can show you articles as he was mention in this name: for ex: http://plushwinner.narod.ru/eng/eng_article050.htm
    Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 3h
    @waflanagan Hanyu skated like Plushenko's heir today, playing to crowd, injecting a touch of sexual frisson, being a ham. Seriously.

    -freedome, sincerity: he always says what he thinks, he lives, does as he wants...the director of the Russian documentary about Sochi also said about him he is an inwardly free man...

    -courage, independence: he was the only one Russian figure skater who signed the petition against the Russian anti gay law despite the fact he respects Putin and he is one of the favorite athletes of Putin. Johnny is his best friend and he invited Johnny to his shows when was the biggest scandal surrounding the anti-gay law

    -inspiration for fans : many fans wrote him he is their inspiration, the fans made about him thousands drawings and other cute things, there are more than 260 fan montages on Youtube now...

    -inspiration for skaters: Yuzuru, Fernandez, Amodio, Han Yan, Reynolds, Boyang Jin, Medvedeva, Nathan Chen, etc., and many Russian skaters called him one of their idols. Mao Asada has two respected person Midori and Evgeni.

    Todd Eldredge @toddeldredge 20h
    So impressed by @EvgeniPlushenko still skating & competitive after so many years. ‪#‎legend‬ & incredible inspiration for all Russian skaters!

    Elvis Stojko @Therealestojko 20h
    @toddeldredge @EvgeniPlushenko I agree my friend. An inspiration to skaters everywhere!

    Tom Zakrajsek @CoachTomZ 18h
    @SkatingLesson Aka "hero points" U still have 2 admire Plushenko. He is the male Dara Tores of figure skating.


    "There will never be anyone like Plushenko!"
    Well, since you asked...
    "Cute, his look, sexyness" proves my point that women love him cause he is a sex symbol, I guess.
    Sincerity...hummm...I dont pretend to understand Russian Govt but "he gained public attention for poor attendance, having attended only 11 of 123 parliamentary sessions since his election." I do not know if he was able to resign his political position or not. That would have been sincerity if he didnt wish to serve his electorate. I will not comment about his first marriage as I really dont think it is appropriate. I would hope he is taking care of his first son.
    Likewise his ISU suspension. Dont know his side of the story.
    Is/Was he a good skater? Yes. Does he have great amounts of ice presence? Yes. Is he almost a cult figure amoung women fans? Yes.
    Will there never be anyone like Pushenko? No. And there will never be anyone like you or me.....
    Will there ever be anyone like Plushenko on the ice....sure there will....for some people...but not for his cult.

  10. #115
    Bona Fide Member CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,024
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrice View Post
    Is this a joke???? I could write a novel about Plushy and the fact that he's cute is simply a bonus. He has so many other qualities that make him special and if you have truly followed him, you'd know I'm right. I'm not going to write a novel about how much I like and respect Plushy. However, if you were to look through these pages, I've probably written enough about Plushy over the years to write quite a story.....
    Exactly my point. See post 114. But as an aside, I have met all sorts of fans over the decades....but I think MK and Plushy and P. Chan are the only skaters I know of personally that draw people into a kind of cult, where the skater can do no wrong, but I am sure there are others. This effect extends way beyond skating and way beyond the world of sports. It is kind of a religion. Personally, I dont know of anyone I have read about or met who is perfect. People are human and all have faults. Truth be told, I have really only met one Plushy uberfan that I knew was that way. This person would not even consider the fact that he may not be perfect. And that's fine. None of my business. We all can have our opinions and they can be accepted or rejected. The important thing is that we accept others and their opinions and religions.
    "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

  11. #116
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,771
    Country: Hungary

    0 Not allowed!

    Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Well, since you asked...
    "Cute, his look, sexyness" proves my point that women love him cause he is a sex symbol, I guess.
    Sincerity...hummm...I dont pretend to understand Russian Govt but "he gained public attention for poor attendance, having attended only 11 of 123 parliamentary sessions since his election." I do not know if he was able to resign his political position or not. That would have been sincerity if he didnt wish to serve his electorate. I will not comment about his first marriage as I really dont think it is appropriate. I would hope he is taking care of his first son.
    Likewise his ISU suspension. Dont know his side of the story.
    Is/Was he a good skater? Yes. Does he have great amounts of ice presence? Yes. Is he almost a cult figure amoung women fans? Yes.
    Will there never be anyone like Pushenko? No. And there will never be anyone like you or me.....
    Will there ever be anyone like Plushenko on the ice....sure there will....for some people...but not for his cult.
    Oh, you read his wiki page..


    -his political career: He said his political career was a big mistake. In 2006, Plushenko joined the political party "A Just Russia", ( a little anti Putin party )and in March 2007, he was elected to the Legislative Assembly of Saint Petersburg. He was only 24. Probably he wanted to be politician because the Russian famous athletes usually do it. (Rodnina, Kabaeva, Valuev,Khorkina, etc) and probably that party needed his fame and popularity. We don't know what was the deal amoung them. And you don't forget in spring of 2009 he announced he will be back to competition. He was fat he had to work a lot. He gained public attention because of the opposition parties not his own party. His own party was angry when he announced he will leave the politics before the new election. He was attacked because of it, too...

    - the ISU suspension: In 2010 Vancouver was a great debate about the quand in men skating. Right? After Vancouver he was injured on his knee thus he couldn't jump quads and didn't want to compete at WCH. He said without quads doesn't make sense to compete.But he could skate in shows with easy jumps.The Russian Skating Federation was angry and they really wanted to send him and this was the problem.The Rus. Fed. asked the ISU to suspend him. And they did it. But shortly thereafter the Rus Skate Fed asked the lifting of sanctions...and in June of 2011 they did it. Some months later the Russian figure skating federation asked the ISU to allow Plush to compete without tech. minimal scores. In January 2012, the ISU gave Plushenko a special permission and he could compete at 2012 European Championships. He won, but he was injured again. Oh, what a sweet memory! We knew everything about his state of health frome the Italian fans.

    - his first marriege: they were very young( 22 and 21) when they married. Everybody was against it only the youngs wanted to do it in 2005. One of the problems Masha was incredible jealous of him thus they were constantly fighting with each other from the beginning. According to the Russian tabloids Plush was loyal.( Probably they were eager to write Plushy cheated Masha)
    Masha already was pregnant under Torino OG. And the biggest problem was Masha and his father( billionaire hotelier) planned Plushy's life. They wanted to Plush finish the skating and work in the hotel business. But Evgeni can't live without skating we all know this. They are in good relationships now and he is a proud father.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BHpEjubA...shenkoofficial
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BGq9aGym...shenkoofficial
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BO4wzTmj...shenkoofficial
    ( Masha lives in 3rd marriege)

    -his skating: Powerful , full of energy, very charismatic, everybody watches him if he just stands one ice. You believe me I saw him not once, I saw this on show's rehearsals not just during the programs.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 03-24-2017 at 09:10 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •