Satoko Miyahara withdraws from 2017 Worlds | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara withdraws from 2017 Worlds

NicoleJ96B

Rinkside
This is really unfortunate for Miyahara, but glad to see her and her team are committed to a proper recovery for next year and her health.

Who does this help more, Kostner, Osmond or someone else on the bubble of making podium? (Assuming Medvedeva is the only given)

liv

Record Breaker
Oh wow. Sad for her. But, glad she is doing what is best for her, for her future. Hope she really takes the time she needs to get better.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Oh no, poor thing :( No Princess Leia at the World Championships (sigh).

I am surprised, but not shocked. Reports about her condition were getting more & more worrisome in recent days. It's surely better to care for her health.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm sad we won't see her at worlds, but this was the right decision for her. Her health is the most important thing. :(

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
What sad news. Get well soon Satoko!

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
wishing for Satoko's fast recovery :)
It's a shame we won't be seeing her Stars LP but recovering for the Olympic season is a much better decision.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
This must have been such a difficult decision - but nothing is more important than her health, so IMO it's the right one. Especially since I'm sure JSF would have rather had her going and there must have been a lot of pressure from that side. Hopefully Satoko will have as fast and smooth a recovery as possible from here on and can prepare well for next season.

All the best to Rika at WC. Hopefully her own injuries are healed and she's in good shape and can use this opportunity for herself well. And all the best to Mai and Wakaba too - Satoko will be very missed, but Japan still has a great team. Looking forward to seeing all of them!

moriel

Record Breaker
No =(
Sad to not see her at worlds.

Does team japan has enough strong skaters to get 3 spots still?

yude

Record Breaker
I'm sorry to hear the sad news :cry: I wish her all the best and coming back being healthy next season since I really want her to be in the Olympics. Good luck to Rika in the Worlds!!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I would have loved to watch her skating live, but most important is that she will be in good condition for the Olympic season.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
:( Get well soon Satoko. It's the right decision, as I think it didn't come easy.

So Rika replaces....mmh...not good news for the japanese team. I hope they can keep their three spots. I would have loved to see Kanako at Worlds, but at this point I'm not sure she is the better choice, but Rika has an injury and competed in AWG and Coupe du Printemps in the last weeks. She must be tired and exhausted as well. No, these are not good signs for the japanese Ladies.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:sad4: heartbroken for Satoko, but it is ultimately the wise decision. Get well, Satoko, completely recovered and stronger for the Olympic season!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
This is really unfortunate for Miyahara, but glad to see her and her team are committed to a proper recovery for next year and her health.

Who does this help more, Kostner, Osmond or someone else on the bubble of making podium? (Assuming Medvedeva is the only given)

I think it helps Anna getting silver. :) At least I hope it does. Maybe even a Russian sweep is possible now.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I think it helps Anna getting silver. :) At least I hope it does. Maybe even a Russian sweep is possible now.

Looks like the Japanese media are already spreading doom and gloom about Japan not keeping 3 spots.
Fingers crossed for Rika. :ghug: I hope she was given plenty of warning.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Satoko. :sad21: :sad21:

I hope she takes the time to recover well and fully and come back strong for next season.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Looks like the Japanese media are already spreading doom and gloom about Japan not keeping 3 spots.
Fingers crossed for Rika. :ghug: I hope she was given plenty of warning.

Thinking about it, I believe that while Carolina, Kaetlyn and Gabrielle have huge scoring potential, it is unlikely they will go clean. Maria messed up at Europeans, but that was one competition. I'm sure she wants to prove herself at Worlds and going clean is probable. Now that Satoko is not there, I think Mai will get a boost, and if clean has a shot at the podium. Wakaba not so much but Top Ten should be possible for her and for Rika, if faultless.