World Champs: Predictions Game Round 5 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

World Champs: Predictions Game Round 5

ptskate

Rinkside
Dance results!!!

Lot of bonuses around. Only two people guessed the top 5 correctly, but several got the podium right. Here it is:

Gold with 200 points:
Fish in the sea, FTnoona

Silver with 160 points:
4everchan, Sabrina, berry8, lovaticcanada, [email protected], Crossover, itofan, LadyB, Ice Diva

Bronze with 150 points:
Marin, sunnystars, desertskates, monidi, surimi, bobbob, invisiblespiral, rosacotton, ines42575, corynna, glorybox6, StitchMonkey, Shoma One, Lydia1703, Poice, Sugarpova, shyne, alebi, lady_bee

Any problem with the scores let me know.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Here are the Pairs results.

This round was not as high scoring as it could have been. Largely due to Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford only finishing seventh.

Of the 93 players who submitted predictions for Pairs, only 15 earned bonus points. And all of those 15 only earned them for getting the Podium correct. Nobody managed to get the Top 5 correct.

HOWEVER, special mention must go to Marius and psusanne, who were the only players to get the Top 4 correct. Although correctly putting Yu Xiaoyu and Zhang Hao into 4th did not earn them any extra bonus points, the normal points it earned them were enough to ensure that they each won a Gold Medal!

So, here are the podium positions:

GOLD with 160 points: Marius, psusanne.

SILVER with 150 points: Florencito, matmuh, rosacotton, Sackie, Weathergal.

BRONZE with 140 points: gnom, tinnychan.

Congratulations!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

I’ve got stuff to do this afternoon, so I’ll put the scores into the spreadsheet tomorrow morning.

But, if you spot any mistakes when I do put the scores up, please let me know. I didn't know how to get Excel to give out bonus points automatically, and so had to look for people with the Top 3 or Top 5 correct myself. Although I did it twice, I could still have missed somebody (e.g. I found NoNameFace on the second attempt).

CaroLiza_fan

Sorry, but why did you forget about me?

let's try this:

Ladies:

1. Evgenia Medvedeva
2. Anna Pogorilaya
3. Wakaba Higuchi
4. Mai Mihara
5. Carolina Kostner
6. Maria Sotskova

Pairs:

1. Wenjing Sui / Cong Han
2. Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot
3. Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov
4. Megan Duhamel / Eric Radford
5. Vanessa James / Morgan Cipres
6. Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov

I predicted all three top pairs.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
same for me;\, in Ladies what's the most interesting I got 1st and 5th right, with a disaster right in between...In men, I cursed myself for lowering Yuzuru to 2nd and swapping Shoma and Javier between 3rd and 4th. Still - overestimated Nathan, underestimated Jin which hurt predictions the most. Generally I sucked this time around...

Not entirely. You were one of only 15 players who got the podium positions in Pairs correct. :bow:

Sorry, but why did you forget about me?

I predicted all three top pairs.

I know you got the podium correct. And I gave you the 30 bonus points.

The 2 players I singled out for special mention got the Top 4 correct.

But, in the interests of clarity, here are the 15 players who achieved 30 bonus points for correctly predicting the podium positions:

casualfan, chuckm, Crossover, Florencito, gnom, Marius, matmuh, NoNameFace, psusanne, puremagic, rosacotton, Sackie, theskatingbutterfly, tinnychan, Weathergal

Congratulations!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
So happy for this Gold!
As always, thanks CaroLiza for the scores :thank:

You're welcome!

Check my scores, please!

I have been sorting the spreadsheet over the past 4 hours so that the players are listed alphabetically. So, if anybody was looking at the spreadsheet during that time, their scores are liable to have been wrong.

But, I am finished sorting it now, and the Pairs scores are now in it as well.

ptskate started putting Dance scores in while I was doing it, but when she realised that things were moving about, she stopped and said she would return to it later.

Hope this helps to explain what may have been the problem

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
a silver in dance (danm you chock/bates for not getting there in 5th or i'd have a perfect score) and a bronze in ladies (thanks to Kaetlyn and Mai i guess?)
pairs, as soon as I knew Eric was injured, I thought, let's put them far off the podium, then i decided not to bother editing my post... i was wrong there :) but i didn't want to remove my support to an injured team.... men is missing... ugh... not thinking i can medal there at all :) i put nathan first :)

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Actually I believe for this round that the points are doubled according to the rules:

1. As this Championship is the most prestigious in Figure Skating, there will be DOUBLE POINTS on offer. So, it will be:

30 points for guessing right;
20 points for 1 place out;
10 points for 2 places out.

2. If you get the podium correct in any discipline, you will get a 30 point bonus.

3. If you get all five predictions correct, you will get a 50 point bonus.

As nobody guessed the podium right I just have to double the points:

Ladies

GOLD with 110 points: SashaJuliaSpins

SILVER with 100 points: Debrah, Sugarpova, Starsfan84

BRONZE with 90 points: 4everchan, lovaticcanada, figurefan0726, Tyranid, LA143, Ice Diva, lady_bee

Congratulations!!! :cheer: :clap:

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Happy about my bronze in Dance. :dance: My other predictions were way off the mark, but at the same time, I'm glad of it as I was generally harsh on my faves in them.
Thank-you to the scorers!

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
As nobody guessed the podium right I just have to double the points:

Ladies

GOLD with 110 points: SashaJuliaSpins

SILVER with 100 points: Debrah, Sugarpova, Starsfan84

BRONZE with 90 points: 4everchan, lovaticcanada, figurefan0726, Tyranid, LA143, Ice Diva, lady_bee

Congratulations!!! :cheer: :clap:

Sweet reward for my return!!! :hap93: All by myself!
Thanks Samkrut and other scorers! Let me go celebrate my gold medal!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Hurray! Silver medal in Dance!:cheer:
The only one that was not total failure. In men I trusted Nathan and dumped Hanyu to second. Pairs were also in distress as I found too late Eric is injured. I think I put them in 3rd and I couldn't have guessed the real place and the fact that I/M are ahead, by a slim fraction of the score.:hpull:

rosacotton

Final Flight
Men Results

(The men were as unpredictable as they have been all season long. Kudos to daphenaxa for being the only person to correctly predict the podium!)

GOLD: daphenaxa with 150 points
SILVER: alyssamarie, apgold, blackey, gnom, gruesome, jeff goldblum, kimganos, kresslia, randomfan, shyne with 110 points
BRONZE: berry8, Crossover, glorybox6, Hyena, rosacotton, skatefan17, SnowWhite, tlk, xibsuarz with 100 points

Congratulations to our medalists! :points:

If there are any mistakes feel free to PM me.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I have a silver in dance and a bronze in men! I didn't expect this as my predictions got so many misfires during the past events. :)

Antyv

On the Ice

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
place holder

dream (for fun)
1Patrick Chan (no other medals awarded LOL JUST KIDDING)
1Kaetlyn Osmond and Gabby Daleman (tied) LOL 3 Mai Mihara
123 V/M Weapo and Psquared Sweep :)
1 2 3D/R S/H and I/M

i will get serious with those one day :)

OK i am ready

Ladies

1. Medvedeva
2. Pogorilaya
3. Osmond
4. Kostner
5. Mihara
6. Daleman
7. Wagner

Men

1. Chen
2. Hanyu
3. Uno
4. Chan
5. Fernandez
6. Kolyada
7. Jin

Ice Dance

1. Virtue/Moir
2. Papadakis / Cizeron
3. Shibutani / Shibutani
4. Weaver / Poje
5. Chock / Bates
6. Bobrova/Soloviev
7. Capellini/La Notte

Pairs

1. Sui/Han
2. Duhamel/Radford
3. Tarasova/Morozov
4. Yu/Zhang
5. Savchenko/Massot
6. Stolbova/Klimov
7. James/Cipres

Please look at my men's predictions... there is a mistake on the spreadsheet for my prediction... it skips CHAN... how dare you LOL

Antyv

On the Ice
Please look at my men's predictions... there is a mistake on the spreadsheet for my prediction... it skips CHAN... how dare you LOL
Thanks! I will fix this. My calculations are unofficial, I make them for myself only.
UPD. Done.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thanks! I will fix this. My calculations are unofficial, I make them for myself only.
UPD. Done.

OH!!! I see :)

haha i thought that was the official spreadsheet :)

what is funny is that the mistake doesn't help my score at all :) oh well ;) life is tough predicting men!

THank you!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland