2018 Olympics Exhibition Gala | Golden Skate

2018 Olympics Exhibition Gala

icybear

Medalist
Any chance of a Kim Yuna performance? Pretty please! :tantrum::tantrum:

https://www.isu.org/news-inside-isu...ses-with-the-exhibition-gala?templateParam=15

Men Single Skating
Yuzuru Hanyu (JPN) Gold Medalist
Shoma Uno (JPN) Silver Medalist
Javier Fernandez (ESP) Bronze Medalist
Jun Huan Cha (KOR)
Boyang Jin (CHN)
Misha Ge (UZB)

Ladies Single Skating
Alina Zagitova (OAR) Gold Medalist
Evgenia Medvedeva (OAR) Silver Medalist
Kaetlyn Osmond (CAN) Bronze Medalist
Satoko Miyahara (JPN)
Dabin Choi (KOR)

Pair Skating
Aljona Savchenko / Bruno Massot (GER) Gold Medalists
Wenjing Sui / Cong Han (CHN) Silver Medalists
Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford (CAN) Bronze Medalists
Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov (OAR)
Valentina Marchei / Ondrej Hotarek (ITA)
Tae Ok Ryom / Ju Sik Kim (PRK)
Kyueun Kim / Alex Kang Chan Kam (KOR)

Ice Dance
Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir (CAN) Gold Medalists
Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron (FRA) Silver Medalists
Maia Shibutani / Alex Shibutani (USA) Bronze Medalists
Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte (ITA)
Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue (USA)
Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev (OAR)
Yura Min / Alexander Gamelin (KOR)

Last edited by a moderator:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess it would depend whether or not Yuna is skating at all these days and whether her federation can "persuade" her to perform.

mrfarmer

Rinkside
It would be lovely if she does skate. Although, the chances are low. I loved how in the recent Korean Nationals Ladies FS, she looked like she was over all of it, the pursed lips and perfectly styled hair... every time she's shown after a performance, it gave me life seeing her indifference. LOL

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I actually think that something with the closing ceremonies might be more likely - that is bigger than the figure skating exhibition.

Also... are we all assuming she is lighting the torch? I mean... is there really much reason to have anyone else?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I guess Miss Kim's appearance is really expected. I see no other reason why not a single ticket was offered for sale in Russia. I bought everything but gala.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I guess Miss Kim's appearance is really expected. I see no other reason why not a single ticket was offered for sale in Russia. I bought everything but gala.

You have a great time, my friend. Do your best supporting job ever (and I know you will ;) ) :cheer:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Pairs invited to the exhibition (per sheet shown in Instagram story from Hotarek):

Savchenko/Massot

Sui/Han

Duhamel/Radford

Tarasova/Morozov

Marchei/Hotarek

Ryom/Kim :yay:

Kim/Kam​

(Could swear that I had seen a Gala thread started by Doris, but can't find it at the moment.)

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Pairs invited to the exhibition (per sheet shown in Instagram story from Hotarek):

Savchenko/Massot

Sui/Han

Duhamel/Radford

Tarasova/Morozov

Marchei/Hotarek

Kim/Kam​

(Could swear that I had seen a Gala thread started by Doris, but can't find it at the moment.)

Yesssss Ryom/Kim!!!

Ondrej, please no stripping, it's the Olympics :D

Alchamei

Record Breaker

Savchenko/Massot

Sui/Han

Duhamel/Radford

Tarasova/Morozov

Marchei/Hotarek

Kim/Kam​

THEY SKIPPED OVER JAMES AND CIPRES?????!!!!!!!

#robbedagainlikealways

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
T/M may not appear. Nina Mozer said she was leaving this week, and the pair might leave as well, as disappointed as they are. Frankly I am not sure how many will be willing to stay around for over 10 days just to take part in the Exhibition though, but I do hope if that's the case Vanessa and Morgan will fill in the blank.

randomfan

Record Breaker
T/M may not appear. Nina Mozer said she was leaving this week, and the pair might leave as well, as disappointed as they are. Frankly I am not sure how many will be willing to stay around for over 10 days just to take part in the Exhibition though, but I do hope if that's the case Vanessa and Morgan will fill in the blank.

But won’t they have to pay a penalty fee if they don’t participate?

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
But won’t they have to pay a penalty fee if they don’t participate?
:eekn: really??? I didn't know about that. But in case of T/M, I would think they would come up with a valid (at least superficially valid) excuse to dodge the obligation.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
When is the gala supposed to happen?

EDIT: Found the answer, 24th. :laugh:

Andrea82

Medalist
Fernandez is back in Spain but it is reported he will travel back to South Korea for the Gala.

Top 4 get the automatic invitation:

Competitors who are placed in the top four of each event (Ladies Single Skating, Men Single Skating, Pair Skating and Ice Dance), and some selected skaters are obliged to skate in the exhibition gala, scheduled for 25 February 2018. The choreographed finale will be introduced to skaters during the official practice for the “Gala Exhibition” as to the official schedule.