Rika Kihira tried 4T | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira tried 4T

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
She said it is just 2nd day of trying and it is already close, btw it is already as much as rotated as some males (cough, cough)

blackey

On the Ice
lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's gonna be very interesting if she put both 3a and 4t into program ;)

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I can't make out all her rotations. This is likely UR. The jump is not so high so she needs to rotate really fast.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I can't make out all her rotations. This is likely UR. The jump is not so high so she needs to rotate really fast.
Of course it's UR. It's not there. But it's amazing to see ladies trying quads even though it's UR. I am fed up with just triples and not many ladies tried even UR 3A.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I tried slowing it down and that's actually pretty close. For a second day of training, great attempt. It's brilliant to see this, fingers crossed she can pull it off.

A program with a 3A and a 4T and I'd probably faint from happiness. Even if one was UR.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
That looks really good. 4T <, that's worth more than a lutz, can replace one of the 2A with a 4T<.

Warwick360

Medalist
I really don't know what to make of her trying 4T. I should be excited but seeing her placement in her Junior Nationals, I wonder if the concept of too much too soon apply. But then again, I was wrong with Nathan Chen, so who knows?

narcissa

Record Breaker
Didn't she also have a knee injury? Like the same one that Mao has? I hope she's staying healthy because it would be SO exciting to start seeing quads in the women's field!!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
The Japanese women have really tried to push the sport technically. At least five have attempted the 3A, four successfully. The only successful quad was from a Japanese women. However, the competitive ladies field requires every element to be well executed, so you can't win hitting a big jump if you make small mistakes on a few others.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
That looks really good. 4T <, that's worth more than a lutz, can replace one of the 2A with a 4T<.

meh, to me that looks a possible <<, so i don't know if she really wants to include it considering she has already issues with the 3A.

I think she does it "just for fun" similar to Evgenia's 3-3-3-3.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Signification underrotation but still encouraging jump ;)

Is Moe Kihira, Rika Kihira's sister? :scratch2:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
For the second day trying this it's very very good. It's always nice to see that young skaters trying to do something difficult. Russian coaches should be aware. Because backloading and tano/rippons won't help them vs quads/3axels.