Ticket sales | Golden Skate

Ticket sales

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
The booth at Helsinki2017 is now open. You can sign up for advance ticket sale, more of a reservation without any obligations, but it's only VIP packages. I think they said general sales start in a few weeks. Bit confusing, to be honest.

Either way, the event will be held at Assago (Mediolanum Forum). There are some hotels there, but they have been pretty much sold out for a while unless you're willing to pay really big bucks. But the forum has its own metro to central Milano.

Edit: I think the prices of the VIP packages are 900, 1200 and 1500 or 1600 euros. They include things like a hostess (?!), transportation in small vans for transfers to/from hotel to arena, access to the baby igloo (?! only of interest if you have kids, apparently!), drinks, snacks, VIP entrance and a lounge.

We've been assured there will be "normal" all-event packages for sale, without the VIP stuff (which, to be honest, nobody really needs, right?), a few weeks after the VIP tickets, but *where* in the arena those seats will all be, they can't say.

To be honest, the organization information so far sounds very Italian to me, i.e. rather "laid-back" in comparison to, say, Northern European or Japanese. Be prepared for that. ;-)

Last edited:

Caustica

Final Flight
I've gotten conflicting information from them, to be honest. A lady told me that there will be non-package all-event tickets, but a man told me that there won't be. Waiting for the website to go live for more information I guess.

Totally agree with the feeling that they are "laid-back". They haven't even decided on the non-package tickets yet! (I asked multiple people multiple times.)

Also, the package seat allocation is apparently not online, but via email. It's quite confusing.

Regarding hotels, it seems that the organisers have reserved many hotels near the arena for package ticket holders. (Not that the price of the hotel is included, but this is apparently for organising transport?)

Please let us know if you find out any more information!

fra

Rinkside
Sorry if I ask something stupid or in the wrong place but I'm new: does someone know where they're going to sell the tickets? Is there a website or anything? I've been searching the ISU page, the Mediolanum Forum page and everything but they don't seem to say anything. Thanks for the help! Also I'm Italian so I'll try to help with information if you need some translation ;) (I know our websites don't always have the English version or have a very bad one).

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thank you for starting this thread! I'm planning to go and want to get tickets and reservations as early as possible, but it's an anxious process by oneself with bits of info from here and there. Already I feel more clued in, and appreciate everyone's posts! I'll share whatever I find, too.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Thank you for starting this thread! I'm planning to go and want to get tickets and reservations as early as possible, but it's an anxious process by oneself with bits of info from here and there. Already I feel more clued in, and appreciate everyone's posts! I'll share whatever I find, too.
I understand the anxiety thing, lol. I actually already booked a place to stay. I had done, ahem, research months ago as to where the event could possibly be held, and Assago seemed like the only logical place. Especially because the large hotels around there were already either fully booked or completely unaffordable! I now have a reservation for a place I can actually afford in between Assago and Milano city, at walking distance from a metro station on the M2 line.

Ireth

Rinkside
In Helsinki do they give you a mail for ask or something? I am interested in vip /premium tickets, but my English is very bad and I couldn't go to ask ther because I don't understand anything...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
In Helsinki do they give you a mail for ask or something? I am interested in vip /premium tickets, but my English is very bad and I couldn't go to ask ther because I don't understand anything...
They weren't exactly very clear about a lot of the information, so that probably wouldn't have helped, either. ;-)
Basically, you could sign up (name, e-mail address), say which VIP ticket you wanted (they had three or four different packages), and in which area you wanted to sit (i.e. behind the judges, opposite, on the sides, low to the ice, higher up etc, as long as that fit with the VIP package areas.
BUT, they also said they would send out e-mails in a few weeks, and then, basically, you can just change your mind all over and ask for other sitting areas or even other VIP packages.

I'll be very honest, I don't see why anybody would be interested in those VIP tickets. Other than *maybe possibly* being assured that you have decent seats, but the man I talked to didn't seem to think they'd sell more than a few hundred VIP seats and there'd be plenty of good seats left for general sale (i.e. in the same areas as the VIP seats, too). And those would obviously be cheaper than 900 euros.

I guess we really don't know anything at this point, and are just gonna have to wait and see what they come up with. So, to me it just sounded like nothing more than giving your e-mail address and being informed about ticket sales. I think they need to a lot of finalizing before we see anything definite happen. ;-)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They weren't exactly very clear about a lot of the information, so that probably wouldn't have helped, either. ;-)
Basically, you could sign up (name, e-mail address), say which VIP ticket you wanted (they had three or four different packages), and in which area you wanted to sit (i.e. behind the judges, opposite, on the sides, low to the ice, higher up etc, as long as that fit with the VIP package areas.
BUT, they also said they would send out e-mails in a few weeks, and then, basically, you can just change your mind all over and ask for other sitting areas or even other VIP packages.

I'll be very honest, I don't see why anybody would be interested in those VIP tickets.
Other than *maybe possibly* being assured that you have decent seats, but the man I talked to didn't seem to think they'd sell more than a few hundred VIP seats and there'd be plenty of good seats left for general sale (i.e. in the same areas as the VIP seats, too). And those would obviously be cheaper than 900 euros.

I guess we really don't know anything at this point, and are just gonna have to wait and see what they come up with. So, to me it just sounded like nothing more than giving your e-mail address and being informed about ticket sales. I think they need to a lot of finalizing before we see anything definite happen. ;-)

I don't see why either. Those were some very steep prices considering it's a post-Olympic Worlds. VIP prices were €1600 for the seats closest to the ice, €1200 for the next level, and €900 for the next level and that took up about 3/4 of the arena. The lady I spoke with says they will sell those same seats without the package in a few weeks.

Ireth

Rinkside

I'll be very honest, I don't see why anybody would be interested in those VIP tickets. Other than *maybe possibly* being assured that you have decent seats, but the man I talked to didn't seem to think they'd sell more than a few hundred VIP seats and there'd be plenty of good seats left for general sale (i.e. in the same areas as the VIP seats, too). And those would obviously be cheaper than 900 euros.

Well, I am interested because in Helsinki I had premium tickets in second row and the dream of a friend of mine is see a competition as close as she can to the ice...its too expensive, I know, but a dream is a dream...
The system in Helsinki for premium tickets was the same that you say...We had to send a mail, and then, they sent to us more information. And these seats can be refunded, I mean, if we can go for any reason to the competition, they redunded us the money and give the seat to another person in the list.
There are rumours than tickets will be saled soon...but I don't know if this is true.

Sorry but I can't speak very well in English I don't understand very well neither... Is it possible to sign up now in any site or must we wait?

fra

Rinkside
If I've understood well from what the president of the Italian Figure Skating Federation said during a quick interview on the Italian TV, they will be held at the Mediolanum Forum in Assago. Also I'm veeery anxious as well, lol: it's almost my only chance to see a World Championship (actually any figure skating competitions) live so I want to buy the best ticket I can get.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
The system in Helsinki for premium tickets was the same that you say...We had to send a mail, and then, they sent to us more information.
I actually signed up for the Helsinki premium tickets, too, but I'd already bought normal seats, as well, because those went on sale *before* we heard the exact placement of our premium seats. Guess what happened? Yup. My premium seats turned out to be, oh, one row down (third instead of fourth) and three seats to the left, exact same block in the arena, a few meters apart. I'm not kidding. I'd have paid 200 more euros for being exactly *one* row closer to the ice. (and I actually had a much better view there than lower to the ice). That was not worth it for me. I was quite happy to save 200 euros. :biggrin:

Fact is, the Helsinki premium seats have nothing to do with the Milano VIP packages. These VIP packages are really about all sorts of (in my opinion pretty useless) extras. If you want, as you say, seats close to the ice, you *should* be able to get those without all the silly VIP stuff, too. I mean, do you really need access to the baby igloo? Or want a hostess? Or share a van with up to 10 or so people that can transport you to (presumably an expensive) hotel in Milano city center? There's a metro that'll probably get you there a lot faster. ;-)

Sorry but I can't speak very well in English I don't understand very well neither... Is it possible to sign up now in any site or must we wait?
Yeah, just wait, I'm sure more news will become available in a week or two. No worries. I don't think you can sign up anywhere; the only place for that was in Helsinki, and it wasn't so much as signing up for anything other than that you'd get information e-mailed at some point, but when that happens, I'm guessing it'll be on the website, too, anyway.

I only put my name on the list because I like to know what's going on. But I doubt very much I'm going VIP. I just want an all-event ticket with good seats. No extras for me that I don't need, thank you.

Ireth

Rinkside
I think I'm not explaining well, besides the seats near the ice, in Helsinki the premium tickets were refundable, that's what interests me a lot, because of my job , I can not buythe tickets if they are for sale soon.
The process for vip tickets is usually slower and with other forms of payment that is why I prefer it.
It normal tickets are going to be on sale soon, I can't buy it...so...bye Milano

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I think I'm not explaining well, besides the seats near the ice, in Helsinki the premium tickets were refundable, that's what interests me a lot, because of my job , I can not buythe tickets if they are for sale soon.
I see, that makes a lot of sense. I hope for you that in this case, they too will be refundable then. :thumbsup:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
In Helsinki one of my seats was on the last Ice Level Row. I liked it, it was easy to put my back under the seat and nobody got disturberd. And I did not get plushies or flowers to my neck. I think I could enough from there.

But, are you ladies and gentlemen trying to say the tickets will sold out as soon as they will become available or didn't I just understand what you are talking about? I am already planning to go there. I have never been in Italy and just that week is the easiest one to get my holidays. But I cannot buy tickets before autumn.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Not saying anything of the sort. ;-) There has been no mention at all of single tickets. Doubt those will go on sale until much later in the year, anyway, and who knows when all-event will actually be sold.
Let's just say information has been a bit vague at best.
Btw I was in center fourth row long side ice lv 1 and didn't have a single flower or plushie hit me. It's safe enough.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
In fact most of the people were safe from plushies and flowers. But I saw it happen a couple of times. And the security lady told some of the children had thrown small candy boxes from the balcony in some event but quite quickly they had believed not to it when they had told it is not allowed to throw those things at all and anything from the balcony. But the from the last row I got to toilet queue quick enough. But, it is not even confirmed in which hall the Worlds in Italy will be hold?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
it is not even confirmed in which hall the Worlds in Italy will be hold?
Yes it is (and has been mentioned a few times in this topic already):
http://mediolanumforum.it/en/
Mediolanum forum at Assago (near Milano, reachable by direct metro)

It wasn't hard to figure out that's where the event would be held. I did some checking a while ago already and when I read the following, I was pretty much convinced. Sounds like they must know how to handle ice. ;-)
the Forum’s ice-skating school is the most important of its kind in Italy, with a history of more than 24 years

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Yes it is (and has been mentioned a few times in this topic already):
http://mediolanumforum.it/en/
Mediolanum forum at Assago (near Milano, reachable by direct metro)

It wasn't hard to figure out that's where the event would be held. I did some checking a while ago already and when I read the following, I was pretty much convinced. Sounds like they must know how to handle ice. ;-)

Thank you. I could blame my English, but I can't, i was just careless when I read the topic. Well, I must just wait and hope, to be able to go and get the tickets.