Daleman: 'I was very pleased' | Golden Skate

Daleman: 'I was very pleased'

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skating to “Herodiade” by Jules Massenet, teammate Gabrielle Daleman made certain Canada’s medal hopes did not ride exclusively on Osmond’s shoulders. The 2017 Four Continents silver medalist executed solid jumping passes including a massive triple toe loop-triple toe loop combination, triple Lutz and double Axel with a low-leg landing to earn a score of 72.19 and surprise the world with a third-place finish. With fiery and dramatic transitions and sharp movements throughout the program, Daleman was delighted by the outing.

“I was very pleased with the program,” said the 19-year-old. “There is still room for improvement, but I am very happy with what I did. I took one element at a time and I just enjoyed my skate.”

More on ladies SP at 2017 Worlds

Good start for Daleman! :clap:

Very impressive performance by Gabriella. I wonder which Canadian lady will come out on top, Daleman or Kaetlyn Osmond.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Awesome skate for Gabby. I didn't expect to see her so high, but I think it was deserved.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Delighted for Gabby! :love: Hope she (& Kaetlyn) can keep up the momentum for the free skate!