Grand Prix 2017-18 News and Chat | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix 2017-18 News and Chat

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
A large chunk of Yuzuru fanfest is cheering for him to get CoR. Though with him, you'd probably get half of us too and I am not sure Moscow would survive :laugh:

Don't worry - Moscow is huge and Megasport where they have CoR since last year has 14 thousand seats. Luzhniki, I agree, would be too small for Yuzu.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
france had 3 attacks. we are still in emergency state ( everything changed) meaning that a lot of money is put for safety and not for beautiful medals. look at worlds 2012 was it bad? no.
tdf are well organized about the gpf (where i went) they picked a town who isn't a skating town, not a lot of advertisement and right now people aren't in the mood to watch skating.

Well then, maybe if things are so bad, it would be good for France not to have a GP for a year or two. No?

Let's not be cute here; there's only one reason why certain posters want to take Russia's GP away.

A large chunk of Yuzuru fanfest is cheering for him to get CoR. Though with him, you'd probably get half of us too and I am not sure Moscow would survive :laugh:

Surely Moscow will survive :p if Yuzu will come to CoR he will save a big part of my budget :laugh: or maybe I must start to save for Milan right now :drama:

Would only happen as his second to NHK. Anyone who thinks there will be a time when an actively competing Yuzuru doesn't get NHK has rocks in their head. Japanese fed is smarter than that.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Anyone who thinks there will be a time when an actively competing Yuzuru doesn't get NHK has rocks in their head.

Or they just think it is plausible that the World silver medalist could defeat the World gold medalist in a major international or national competition. A difference of two points at Worlds in the men's event is next to nothing.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Or they just think it is plausible that the World silver medalist could defeat the World gold medalist in a major international or national competition. A difference of two points at Worlds in the men's event is next to nothing.

?

My comment had nothing to do with results, but the assignment of the NHK Trophy. Hanyu will always get this because he is the JSF's megastar.

Barb

Record Breaker
france had 3 attacks. we are still in emergency state ( everything changed) meaning that a lot of money is put for safety and not for beautiful medals. look at worlds 2012 was it bad? no.
tdf are well organized about the gpf (where i went) they picked a town who isn't a skating town, not a lot of advertisement and right now people aren't in the mood to watch skating.

Maybe they don´t need so much the money, because the organizers refused to sell me a front row ticket, they forced me to buy in the general section and they preferred that an expensive seat be left empty.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
My comment had nothing to do with results, but the assignment of the NHK Trophy. Hanyu will always get this because he is the JSF's megastar.

When you are a seeded athlete and finish #1 in the World and Nationals, you can have your home GP if you want it. (And if you are seeded #2 or #3, you can't). Japan can sell out the singles tickets to NHK with or without Yuzuru.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
When you are a seeded athlete and finish #1 in the World and Nationals, you can have your home GP if you want it. (And if you are seeded #2 or #3, you can't). Japan can sell out the singles tickets to NHK with or without Yuzuru.

So are you claiming that Shoma is #1?

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

Well yes, NHK could sell out either way.
But I really don't get your other arguments. GP assignments this season are not about who might be Japanese #1 next season, but about who is at the end of this season, according to the results this season. Yuzu beat Shoma at every competition they met in this season... so it does make him Japanese #1, no? :shrug:
That said, I personally don't think it's that set in stone who gets NHK next season.

sallycinnamon

Medalist

Then if the situation is so bad maybe, it's time not to organize TdF (or GPF) for at least a couple of years. There are plenty of countries which could do it instead of France.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Japan can sell out the singles tickets to NHK with or without Yuzuru.

That is great to hear!

One of my priorities to go to a competition is to see Yuzu practices in UA :p. And this would be impossible at NHK. So I will be happy if Yuzu goes to other GPs. Or else in the first half of the season fans can only see Yuzu-in-UA for one event (maybe two if he does a senior B) since GPF is also in Japan. A lot of Yuzu fans want to see him but we cannot do that if he is going to NHK where not only practice is not public, tickets are expensive and difficult to get :palmf:.

Last edited:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
?

Yeah, it's like if USFS didn't give Skate America to Michelle Kwan during her height or even a bit past her prime. Hanyu not getting JSF is not going to happen any time soon.

Lunna

On the Ice
Anyone who thinks there will be a time when an actively competing Yuzuru doesn't get NHK has rocks in their head. Japanese fed is smarter than that.
There is this very liitle chance that maybe Shoma will get NHK cuz GPF will also be in Japan (like in 2013-2014 season Yuzu wasn't at the NHK but then they still had Daisuke Takahashi), but it's seems unlikely anyway.

Lunna

On the Ice
That is great to hear!

One of my priorities to go to a competition is to see Yuzu practices in UA :p. And this would be impossible at NHK. So I will be happy if Yuzu goes to other GPs. Or else in the first half of the season fans can only see Yuzu-in-UA for one event (maybe two if he does a senior B) since GPF is also in Japan. A lot of Yuzu fans want to see him but we cannot do that if he is going to NHK where not only practice is not public, tickets are expensive and difficult to get :palmf:.

I know that SC have open practice and maybe SA? CoR is also closed to the public. Even that GPF will be in Japan I hope that practicies will be open (like at other GPFs). The only thing I don't like about events in Japan is that they don't allow to take photos and videos at the event as far as I heard. So no fancams for us ((

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^I went to SC and SA this past season, and that is correct that both had open practices. SA also is pretty unrestricted as far as photos and videos are concerned, so long as there is no flash used.

LRK

Record Breaker
Didn't SC livestream the practices - or am I misremembering? (I get easily confused... )