Gracie Gold: 2017 Stars on Ice Interview | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold: 2017 Stars on Ice Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer Lyon

On the Ice
http://thehesaidshesaidexperience.com/2017/04/gracie-gold-2017-stars-ice-interview/

K&R: You’ve recently moved to train in a new place. How has that been? Have you decorated your new place and settled in?

Gracie Gold: It was a very big change, but I’m really happy right now. I’m just playing it fast and loose and seeing where life takes me. I have a cute apartment in the west suburbs of Detroit, and I like it a lot. I really miss L.A, but if you want something you don’t have, you have to do something you’ve never done.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hoping that the new skating environment will inspire her! Really anxious to know what her new programs will be.

Perfume

Match Penalty
She sounds more mature than before, and calm too. That's a good sign. Even if she might not get sent to WC and Olympic again, it doesn't matter. No medal worth as much as your mental health.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I almost hate to ask, but how did her jumps seem? I was trying to get some feedback from anyone who attended the Chicago performance last night. Really rooting for her.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I almost hate to ask, but how did her jumps seem? I was trying to get some feedback from anyone who attended the Chicago performance last night. Really rooting for her.

They've sadly been remarkably bad the whole tour. Singles and doubles.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They've sadly been remarkably bad the whole tour. Singles and doubles.

Oh dang! She needs to get going! I still have high hopes for her. I keep envisioning her in her Nats 2016 FS where she came out and just skated lights out. But the clock is ticking!!!! :sad4: :drama: :shocked:

Amei

Record Breaker
Oh dang! She needs to get going! I still have high hopes for her. I keep envisioning her in her Nats 2016 FS where she came out and just skated lights out. But the clock is ticking!!!! :sad4: :drama: :shocked:

The thing is though - she's normally fine at Nationals, it's international competitions where there's a problem.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The thing is though - she's normally fine at Nationals, it's international competitions where there's a problem.

Actually, the thing is though that if she continues to skate at the level she has been for the last several months, then it doesn't matter if it's National or International competitions because it's going to be bad.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Did Gracie perform last weekend in Seattle at Star on Ice? A friend of mine posted some photos of the show on his social media, and there's a group number photo I didn't seem to see Gracie. The photo is pretty faraway though,

Alisa

On the Ice
Gracie was there, although she didn't perform in the first group number. I'm guessing it's because she skated right after the group number.

Tallorder

On the Ice
She sounds so positive, which is nice to hear. Will admit I'm puzzled as to why she chose to do the tour over committing herself to fundamental fitness training, etc. Wishing her the best though it's only 3 1/2 months until the season gets under way.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Gotta pay for that training. For most skaters shows and appearances are how they make their money.

The tour is short enough that she'll have enough time to get completely in shape prior to the season beginning.

I enjoyed the interview but didn't gather much from it except for things about her which was fine. She and I had the same answers for most of the this or that questions :biggrin: She's on tour and she should be having fun and enjoying herself...because once the tour ends that's when she'll have go hard into her training.

I don't quite know what to expect from Gracie. After disappointments she usually sounds optimistic and like she's grown from it, only to go out and repeat the same mistakes. I don't know what we'll get from Gracie next season but I am expecting to see something different than last year. I've never been her biggest fan but I was really sad for her last season. She just seemed lost. I'm cheering for her to do well this upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.