If you could change one Olympic moment... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

If you could change one Olympic moment...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I knew who you were talking about (and no I don't have a problem with Max either), you really need to let it go and stop making excuses and acting like you know what so and so would have done had they gone and also putting words and meaning behind those words into Jeremy's mouth.

Jeremy won his national title fair and square and deserved to go. Your inability to not accept it and whine about it every chance you get isn't his fault.

I know that Max would have given 100% at the Olympics because that's what he always does and if he hadn't skated well, he would have owned it straight to the press. Because that's what he always does. He even did it when blind dumb Freddie could see he'd been robbed blind at Nats last year.

Abbott has a track record of skating well at Nationals - indisputably - and then screwing up the big assignment after. You didn't have to be a genius to see his meltdown in Sochi coming. How do you think it feels to see something happen that you knew was going to happen anyway but then he just acts like it doesn't matter? When sitting at home is one who would have given everything to be in that place? If Abbott didn't want the team event so badly, fine! Give it to someone who does!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The Torino Olympics was really disappointing in general because all medal contenders in every disciplines either fell down or performed poorly, so subpar performances continued on and on. The men's event at Sochi later was surprisingly worse than the men at Torino though. Anyway, like the British commentators' saying, the ice must be problematic. Would you believe so many ice dancers fall in one event which happened to be OLYMPICS? The famous glaring was a result of falling. If I had been there and had a power to change anything, I would've gone say to the Zamboni drivers or the person in charge of the ice condition; Do your work properly!

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought the thread was about what happened at the olympics that we would change. If we are going to discuss every skater missing out on qualifying, due to federation picks or not, it will be a mess. Can we just stick to topic for once karne? Max was not at Sochi.

The question was "if you could change one Olympic moment". I chose to give Max that Olympic moment. I also provided an alternate if that was not permitted. Then of course a typical Abbott fan has to come along and stir **** and then act like they're the innocent one.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
1994 Ice Dance. Would have switched Usova/Zhulin with G/Platov.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Definitely would have loved for Elvis to have won gold in Lillehammer (or Kurt to have skated to his potential and won). Order winning in Calgary or Chan winning in Sochi would have been great but I think everything happens for a reason. If not for Orser's loss we might not see the drive in skaters like Kim/Hanyu and if not for Chan's Sochi disappointment he wouldn't have his brilliant SP at Worlds this year or his FS at 4CC 2016... and pushing himself to do two quads/axels and even add a quad salchow.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The question was "if you could change one Olympic moment". I chose to give Max that Olympic moment. I also provided an alternate if that was not permitted. Then of course a typical Abbott fan has to come along and stir **** and then act like they're the innocent one.

Why does someone have to be innocent? I never said anything of the sort so :whack: This was a moment AT the Olympics, not coulda shoulda woulda made the olympic team but didn't. Read the directions.

I know that Max would have given 100% at the Olympics because that's what he always does and if he hadn't skated well, he would have owned it straight to the press. Because that's what he always does. He even did it when blind dumb Freddie could see he'd been robbed blind at Nats last year.

Abbott has a track record of skating well at Nationals - indisputably - and then screwing up the big assignment after. You didn't have to be a genius to see his meltdown in Sochi coming. How do you think it feels to see something happen that you knew was going to happen anyway but then he just acts like it doesn't matter? When sitting at home is one who would have given everything to be in that place? If Abbott didn't want the team event so badly, fine! Give it to someone who does!

So now you are calling everyone who supports Abbott or better yet anyone in the US that isn't Max, Josh or Jason stupid? How nice of you! BTW I'm no "typical Abbott supporter." Again, you can SAY you know what Max may have done, but in the end Max didn't go and you don't know for a fact what he would've done had he gone and ended up in a similar situation.
And no one can predict what's going to happen and Jeremy owned everything that happened, so you can step down off your stupid soapbox now. Max and Jeremy are friends and have no beef with one another so perhaps take that route like your heart throb. :palmf:

I added my olympic moment above in other post, please get back on topic now KARNE!

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
The art of not completely derailing every single thread should be Olympic :sarcasm: this forum would surely produce a whole bunch of winners.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All of these can be true at the same time:

Jeremy won his National title fair and square and earned his spot on the Olympic team.
Reasonable people could anticipate that he would have an Olympic meltdown, and he did.
He handled the situation poorly.
We'll never know if another skater would have done better.
It's water under the bridge.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'd switch Michelle Kwan's 2001 free skate at worlds with her 2002 program.

So would I. It's weird to think that her 2001 program like her 2000 Long Program was not very successful that year. She lost to Irina at Skate Canada and the GPF. She was also in 2nd going into the LP at Worlds in 2001 and it took a 7 triple program for her win that title over Irina.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
hehe

D-L redeemed themselves at worlds with a silver with a taste of gold... they won the free dance.. indeed... Somewhere in time was a fabulous program...

the fall was worse wince they had survived the CD which rarely favouring NA couples and were doing flawlessly with the OD.

OH gosh... 2006... if it hadn't been for Jeff's surprise bronze medal,it would have been a Canadian disaster.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Add a rest day between men's SP and FP at Sochi.........and also at PyeongChang (current schedule SP on 16Feb, FP on 17Feb :disapp:, and also for other events as well).

Yuzu mentioned the following during the talk after Yuzu&Shizuka Sendai Olympic Monument Ceremony on Apr 16. Yama is the interviewer, translation by tadakixd.tumblr.com.

Yama: I see. And during the actual compeition, after the SP ended you had the FS. How was your psychological state then?

Yuzu: You mean during the Olympics right? Well, I was nervous. Especially during that time - well I think it will be the same for this next Olympics too and am making preperations for it - because the rink where Figure skating takes place is the same as for the Short Track competition in speed skating. So if the short track competition is in the morning, the practice session is before that so then it happens quite early. This time, the broadcasting rights have been acquired by an American TV station, so in that sense the timings of the competitions become even earlier, and so do that of the practice sessions. Ah well, what I wanted to say is, I won’t be getting enough sleep.

Yama: Ahh

Yuzu: When the SP (at Sochi) ends it’s probably about 10 o'clock and after that is the doping test, so by the time that ends and I return it’s probably around 1 o'clock, and then the practice is at around 7 o'clock, so I really only have about 5, maybe 4 hours of sleep time. It’s going to be that kind of hard schedule.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My Olympic switcherroo/change would be either

1. Brian Orser beating Scott Hamilton in 1984
or
2. Plushenko beating Evan in 2010
or
3. Michelle beating Tara in 1998