2018 Canadian Championships Gen Info | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Championships Gen Info

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Here is the link to the Skate Canada site. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/winter/figureskating/video#id=920665667960 Vancouver is hosting the event but not at their two larger arenas, it will be at the University of British Columbia's Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre. They have a seating capacity of 7,500 for hockey and other ice events. It was host to some hockey games at the 2010 Olympics and 2010 Paralympics Sledge Hockey. The event will take place from January 8-14, 2018

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Did anyone else get an invitation to the pre-sale, with a code, and have trouble using it. I entered the promotion code, and it says it unlocked the promotion, but when I look for seats, any seats, it says "sorry, there was an error with the search".

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd be so tempted to go to this since I'll be at Nationals in San Jose and Vancouver is a 2 hour flight. Not sure I can afford this going to US Nationals and Skate America.

We'll see...

someday

Rinkside
Did anyone else get an invitation to the pre-sale, with a code, and have trouble using it. I entered the promotion code, and it says it unlocked the promotion, but when I look for seats, any seats, it says "sorry, there was an error with the search".

It worked for me!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Does anyone know the section that the judges are going to sit?

It's shown on the map view at ticketmaster .

By the way, I finally ordered my ticket, thanks to encouraging PMs from someday.

It looks like a lot of sections haven't been released yet - no available seats shown.

cinuka

Rinkside
It's shown on the map view at ticketmaster .

By the way, I finally ordered my ticket, thanks to encouraging PMs from someday.

It looks like a lot of sections haven't been released yet - no available seats shown.

Thanks! For some reason I couldn't see the map view on chrome, but it worked on edge. I'm hoping they release more seats in the public sale.

Ellie493

Rinkside
Is anybody else who is not browsing from Canada having trouble with Ticketmaster? I can't even see the seating map, and when I choose the "best available" option, I get an error message.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Is anybody else who is not browsing from Canada having trouble with Ticketmaster? I can't even see the seating map, and when I choose the "best available" option, I get an error message.

I had enormous problems, and I am in Canada. In chrome, I had the same results you had (no seat view, error message when I ask for any seat). I finally got in to the seat view using Safari and got my ticket that way. Even that didn't work first time I tried it.

Ellie493

Rinkside
I had enormous problems, and I am in Canada. In chrome, I had the same results you had (no seat view, error message when I ask for any seat). I finally got in to the seat view using Safari and got my ticket that way. Even that didn't work first time I tried it.

That's interesting, because I tried every browser I could think of, including Safari, and it didn't work. Now the website is saying the tickets are sold out :palmf:
While I was having issues I contacted the staff, both at Ticketmaster and Skate Canada, and they were of no help at all. I am sorry to say this but Skate Canada is one of the worst organizers ever, I've always had issues at Skate Canada events.

cinuka

Rinkside
That's interesting, because I tried every browser I could think of, including Safari, and it didn't work. Now the website is saying the tickets are sold out :palmf:
While I was having issues I contacted the staff, both at Ticketmaster and Skate Canada, and they were of no help at all. I am sorry to say this but Skate Canada is one of the worst organizers ever, I've always had issues at Skate Canada events.

That's so strange :scratch2: I was having issues too with the seat view, but it finally worked when I used Microsoft Edge. I just checked the link and it seems like I could still select a seat and go forward with the purchase. I don't get the message that the tickets are sold out?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Hmm...looking over this thread we seem to be lacking some basic info. Let's put it up for any who wander here.

Website: https://skatecanada.ca/2018-canadian-tire-national-skating-championships/
Schedule: https://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/2018-CTNSC-Schedule-DE7.pdf (as of December 6)

Broadcast schedule

DateTimeEventNetwork
Friday, January 12th15:00Women’s Short Program / Ice Dance Short DanceTSN 1/3/4
Friday, January 12th20:30Men’s Short Program / Pairs Short ProgramTSN 2
Saturday, January 13th14:00Women’s Free Program / Ice Dance Free DanceTSN 1/3/4 and CTV Two
Saturday, January 13th19:30Men’s Free Program / Pairs Free ProgramTSN 2 and CTV Two

ChanClan

On the Ice
Okay so I read the camera policy for Thunderbird Arena and it says you can bring in the point and shoot cameras or still cameras but no video cameras. Anyone know if you can bring in a camera that has video recording options as well?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Okay so I read the camera policy for Thunderbird Arena and it says you can bring in the point and shoot cameras or still cameras but no video cameras. Anyone know if you can bring in a camera that has video recording options as well?

That should be allowed as long as you don't film if they ask you not to. That was the case at Autumn Classic this year when the Japanese media started clamping down when senior men started.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I have compiled a list of athletes that, to the best of my knowledge, have qualified to the National Championships. The selection of athletes is based on Skate Canada's selection criteria. I have left out any WD pairs/ice dance teams from Challenge but they might show up to Nationals if they have a medical bye or something. One correction that I have made - Lajoie/Lagha appear to be competing as juniors again this season instead of moving up.

Senior men

Patrick Chan
Kevin Reynolds
Nam Nguyen
Nicolas Nadeau
Keegan Messing
Elladj Baldé
Liam Firus
Bennet Toman
Roman Sadovsky
Joseph Phan
Edrian Paul Celestino
Olivier Bergeron
Dustin Sherriff-Clayton
Stephen Gogolev
Samuel Angers
Conrad Orzel
Eric Liu
Jérémie Crevaux

Top 3 alternates: 1. Alexander Lawrence 2. Antony Cheng 3. Laurent Guay

Senior women

Kaetlyn Osmond
Gabrielle Daleman
Alaine Chartrand
Larkyn Austman
Sarah Tamura
Alicia Pineault
Michelle Long
Emy Decelles
Kim DeGuise Léveillée
Aurora Cotop
Emily Bausback
Kelsey Wong
Aislinn Ganci
Triena Robinson
Sophie Larouche
Hélène Carle
Maysie Poliziani
Amanda Tobin

Top 3 alternates: 1. Jane Gray 2. Amélie Hervieux 3. Megan Yim

Senior pairs

Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford
Julianne Séguin / Charlie Bilodeau
Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro
Lubov Ilyushechkina / Dylan Moscovitch
Sydney Kolodziej / Maxime Deschamps
Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud
Camille Ruest / Drew Wolfe
Shalena Rau / Johann Wilskinson*

Senior ice dancers

Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier
Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus
Haley Sales / Nikolas Wamsteeker
Sarah Arnold / Thomas Williams
Molly Lanaghan / Dmitre Razgulajevs
Ravie Cunningham / Cedar Bridgewood
Gina Cipriano / Jake Richardson
Vanessa Chartrand / Alexander Seidel*

Junior men

Iliya Kovler
Corey Circelli
Samuel Turcotte
Alistair Lam
Bruce Waddell
Dawson Nodwell
Max Denk
Jack Dushenski
Matthew Markell
Graham Schaufele
Koen Kucher
Justin Hampole
Brian Le
Zoé Duval-Yergeau
Alexandre Simard
Loucas Éthier
James Henri-Singh
David Birinberg

Top 3 alternates: 1. Ehren Chang 2. Beres Clements 3. Raine Eberl

Junior women

Alison Schumacher
Sarah-Maude Blanchard
Hannah Dawson
Olivia Gran
Victoria Bocknek
Emma Bulawka
Élodie Adsuar
Jolie Chiem
Lissa Anne McGaghey
Evelyn Walsh
Catherine Carle
Julia LaBella
Vasilisa Matantseva
Béatrice Lavoie-Léonard
Lilika Zheng
Rosalie Vincent
Justine Brasseur
Olivia Farrow

Top 3 alternates: 1. Elizabeth Hatzis 2. Jade Apréa-Ricard 3. Alanna Liu

Junior pairs

Lori-Ann Matte / Thierry Ferland
Mariah McCaw / Steven Adcock
Olivia Boys-Eddy / Mackenzie Boys-Eddy
Gabrielle Levesque / Pier-Alexandre Hudon
Gabriella Marvaldi / Daniel Villeneuve
Patricia Andrew / Paxton Knott
Isabella Mancini / Christian Reekie
Chloe Panetta / Steven Lapointe
Alison Schumacher / Zachary Daleman
Chloe Choinard / Mathieu Ostiguy
Katherina Frantz / Nicolas Frantz

Junior ice dancers

Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha
Ashlynne Stairs / Lee Royer
Alicia Fabbri / Claudio Pietrantonio
Olivia McIsaac / Elliott Graham
Ellie Fisher / Simon-Pierre Malette-Paquette
Valerie Taillefer / Jason Chan
Irina Galiyanova / Tommy Tang
Keelee Gingrich / Parker Brown
Nina Mizuki / Veniamins Volskis
Katrine Roy / Oliver Zhang
Natalie D’Alessandro / Bruce Waddell
Olivia Han / Grayson Lochhead
Kaitlyn Chubb / Alex Gunther
Jade McCue / Gabriel Clemente
Katerina Kasatkin / Corey Circelli

Top 3 alternates: 1. Leia Dozzi / Liam Fawcett 2. Jessica Li / Jacob Richmond 3. Natascha Collier / Philippe Marchand

Novice men

Aleksa Rakic
Alec Guinzbourg
Wesley Chiu
Antoine Goyette
Rio Morita
Brian Chiem
Alexis Lay
Gabriel Blumenthal
Liam McKenzie
Bryan Pierro
Tim Pomares
Henry Yeran Zhou
Jackson Ellis
William St-Louis
Aissa Bouaraguia
Christopher Fan
Andrew Boudreau
Shuma Mugii

Top 3 alternates: 1. Tristan Taylor 2. Brandon Toste 3. Benjamin Mimar

Novice women

Leah Lee
Daria Carr
Melaurie Boivin
Madeline Schizas
Samira D’Auteuil
Sandrine Bouchard
Hana Watanabe
Megane Tardif
Vienna Harwood
Amelia Orzel
Alyson Thibault
Sydney Yen
Victoria Gardner
Florence Dargis
Hannah Gray
Jaime Gabbard
Marylian Barbosa
Emmanuelle Proft

Top 3 alternates: 1. Kaylyn Montoya 2. Katrine Denis 3. Rebeka Fournier

Novice pairs

Brooke McIntosh / Brandon Toste
Camille Perreault / Bryan Pierro
Marine Pouliot / Alexandre Simard
Sophia O Brien-Doerksen / Josh Venema
Mackenzie Ripley / Owen Brawley
Emi Swanson / Raine Eberl
Minel Senses / Samir Andjorin
Véronique Turbide / William St-Louis
Lia Pereira / James Robart-Morgan
Laura Bergeron / Louis-Marie Labelle
Asha Gumpinger / Josh Brauner

Novice ice dancers

Miku Makita / Tyler Gunara
Nadiia Bashynska / Peter Beaumont
Amelia Boone / Malcolm Kowan
Sophia Strachan / Everest Zhu
Isabel Mcquilkin / Jacob Portz
Bridget Le Donne / Jakub Smal
Pearl Kang / Kyle Pearson
Colleen Tordoff / Vladimir Tchernov
Erin Gillies / Nicolas Woodcock
Olivia Tremblay / Anthony Campanelli
Erica Estepa / Nolen Hickey
Hannah Gray / Quinn Bisson
Rosalie Groulx / Yé Quan
Shaelene Katrayan / Liam Lewis
Leticia Briand / Zachary Whittaker

Top 3 alternates: 1. Estelle LeBlanc / Alex Leger 2. Mychala Collier / Mackenzie Mah 3. Evangeline Liao / Jacob White

* = athletes added after entry lists were posted

ChanClan

On the Ice
That should be allowed as long as you don't film if they ask you not to. That was the case at Autumn Classic this year when the Japanese media started clamping down when senior men started.

Thanks! First time going to a comp so wasn't sure of the rules :p

singerskates

On the Ice
Here is the link to the Skate Canada site. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/winter/figureskating/video#id=920665667960 Vancouver is hosting the event but not at their two larger arenas, it will be at the University of British Columbia's Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre. They have a seating capacity of 7,500 for hockey and other ice events. It was host to some hockey games at the 2010 Olympics and 2010 Paralympics Sledge Hockey. The event will take place from January 8-14, 2018
It's also where the ISU hosts the ISU Vancouver Adult Invitational.