Hall of Fame program edition! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Hall of Fame program edition!

mrfarmer

Rinkside
i am doing this without going to youtube ;) so from memory... which means that it's what i remember most.. but would also mean that it's also perhaps what i followed more closely (yes Canadian skaters will get an edge since I watch them at Nationals etc) i am only doing men as i follow it closer.

MEN SP

Buttle Adios Nonino
Chan Elegy
Chan Take Five
Chan Black Bird
Baldé Sound of silence
Javi Malaguena ( I have issues with this program but i still find it wonderful)
Yagudin Winter

MEN LP
Buttle Ararat
Chan 4 Seasons (2013 edition)
Chan Chopin
Chan Journey
Chan Aranjuez
Chan Poto
Nadeau Elvis
Ten Ambush from Ten Sides
Ten The Artist
Browning Casablanca
Hanyu Seimei
Takahashi Blues for Klook
Uno Tango

Lambiel 4 seasons with that shirt ;)

that's what i remember for now ;)

I'm glad you mention these programs, especially Buttle's Adios Nonino and Uno's Tango, because they are often overlooked over programs that "won". Although, Buttle won 2008's Worlds, I remember everyone was crazy for Joubert then. His Adios Nonino was a work of detail, nuances, and subtlely. Uno's Tango on the other hand, is sharp, scathing, intense. Both magnificent works, IMHO.

rugbyfan

On the Ice
For me (going from memory because I think memory helps dictate what stands out as a program, and also going only from competitive programs) and for now am only doing long progams
Men: Browning Casablanca; John Curry Scheherezade (OK I was too young to see it, but have watched it so many times since); Buttle Ararat (Can't believe these have squeezed out Yagudin Man in Iron Mask; Chan 4 seasons; Takahashi Blues for Klook; Boitano Napoleon - possibly should switch Winter and Ararat. This is HARD)
Dance: Bolere (is there a more iconic/ half of fame program in any discipline?) V and M Mahler (Carmen close runner up); Krylova Ovsiannikov Carmen (though nearly gave it to Klimova Ponamarenko 1992 and Bourne and Kraatz Riverdance)
Pairs: M and D Rachmaninov; Gordeeva and Grinkov Moonlight; Sui and Han Bridge over Troubled Water (bit early yet for time to tell, but what a program)
Women - struggle here because follow the least so have fewest memories - Lu Chen Rachmaninoff; Midori Ito Rachmaninov; Mao Asada Rachmaninov and Yuna Kim Gershwin - can't chose; I know which I prefer but undoubtedly both belong in the Hall of Fame

... and so strong a presence of Rachmaninov in this is, I think, entirely coincidental.

Last edited: