2017-2018 Team China update | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Team China update

yqs100

On the Ice
The WTT finally comes to the end. Now we are heading into the Olympic season. Here will bring news and update of team china.

yqs100

On the Ice
Pairs:
During the worlds, Peng/Jin and Wang/Wang went to Canada for new program choreograph.

David Wilson choreographed Wang/Wang's programs.

Peng/Jin went to see Lori Nicol, the initial plan was to get a new SP but keep the LP of this season. However, Lori persuaded them to change the LP too, as she thinks after this long season, she has a better understanding on this team.

Peng/Jin will skate to tango for SP and butterfly lovers for LP.

S/H and Y/Z went to see Lori Nicole in Toronto after worlds. They are about to finish the cheorography and back home this week.

Last edited:

yqs100

On the Ice
Men:

Yan Han: had the surgery on his shoulder during the worlds. Will be back on ice in Jul. he will change both programs. SP will be similar to this season's. LP may be Italian opera.

Jin boyang: will have a short break and go to see Lori in June.

yqs100

On the Ice
Don't know why my post about Li Zijun is deleted.

The update is about why Li Zijun's name was in and out of the worlds list. If it's something cannot post it here, then I will just say the Chinese fed has done their best to protect her, she and her Mum should focus on the sport itself, rather than other non-sport related dramas. Mind you, don't be sold on the story " I'm an innocent and poor girl".

In this thread, i will not update Li Zijun's status.

Last edited:

yqs100

On the Ice
Ladies:

Li Xiangning: it's great to see Xiangning has grown up a lot this season. So far no update from her, just hope the fed can give her more resources.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Bringing over Cathlen's post in Yan Han's Fan Fest because I think it's relevant here:

Post surgery interview with our sunshine Haneee: https://facebook.com/notes/han-yan-...e-a-break-in-order-to-move-f/641695759357236/

Very informative. He was supposed to get new programs in May in Canada, but he might have to delay it for June. But I cringe that he actually had injury years ago that was not properly taken care of. Now I understand why he had problems with arms so often...

And don't be embarrassed of your bed hair Haneee! It's super gorgeous, just like you are :love:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Thank you for all the update. Not sure what "dramas" were about Zijun since your post was deleted. Maybe Xiangning can step up and grow more, and Zijun and her can push each other for the better. I too hope this young lady can get a good coaching team, or at least costume with made up with better materials.

Ladies:

Li Xiangning: it's great to see Xiangning has grown up a lot this season. So far no update from her, just hope the fed can give her more resources.

yqs100

On the Ice
How can you "not know" this? It was clearly explained in the "why your post disappeared" warning that you received.

I do not understand the warning. I was just translating what has been discussing in the Chinese FS community. It is good to let people why Li ZIjun was in and out of the worlds entries. And people started blaming at the Chinese fed. But it was not the Fed's fault at all.

If you think people should only know until there is public news, it's fine! U can wait!

And I'm very disappointed by your attitude and the way you response, Mathman!

Thanks!

Last edited:

yqs100

On the Ice
Thank you for all the update. Not sure what "dramas" were about Zijun since your post was deleted. Maybe Xiangning can step up and grow more, and Zijun and her can push each other for the better. I too hope this young lady can get a good coaching team, or at least costume with made up with better materials.

Yup. hope Xiangning can step up in the Olympic season. But china only got one spot for ladies. It will be a big battle. Just hope the fed can set up clear rule for Olympic spot before the season starts.

berry8

Final Flight
I do not understand the warning. I was just translating what has been discussing in the Chinese FS community. It is good to let people why Li ZIjun was in and out of the worlds entries. And people started blaming at the Chinese fed. But it was not the Fed's fault at all.

If you think people should only know until there is public news, it's fine! U can wait!

And I'm very disappointed by your attitude and the way you response, Mathman!

Thanks!

yqs100, you are right! the info you provide is precious since there are not many other Chinese-speakers on this board.

How can you "not know" this? It was clearly explained in the "why your post disappeared" warning that you received.

Why are you so mean with posters?
If LI was accused of BEING DOPED it is not poster's fault.

Eclair

Medalist
yqs100, you are right! the info you provide is precious since there are not many other Chinese-speakers on this board.

Li was not accused of doping! It's all rumors from fan wars with no backing up with facts. I haven't seen any indication that there's an investigation or that anyone (WADA, doping officials etc) would claim that Li doped and I've put some efforts in searching the web and finding out what happened. Li lost her spot at worlds and then was later re-installed. Fans are speculating why that might be and what happened and there are fans who say that it's because of internal political struggles within the fed, while others claim that Li had avoided a doping test. It's fan war rumor level. Please don't feed those rumors, as this is such a serious issue if there're no other indications than fan's words.

I will try not to be so mean.

However ... the Golden Skate guidelines specifically prohibit posts based on gossip and unsourced rumors which impugn a skater's personal integrity and character.

I do not know what is so hard to understand about that guideline.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Here is the exact guideline:

Skater/Coach Privacy Policy

Golden Skate respects the privacy of skaters, coaches, and officials in the sport. Golden Skate does not permit or condone undocumented gossip about their personal lives. Discussions of off-ice behavior, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, dating life, etc. should be limited to what has been publicly disclosed by the skater. While speculation is one thing, accusation is another, and is considered slander
When we say "unsourced" what we mean is that you did not supply a link that is the source of your information.

If there is something you would like to share, if there is a link to a published report, even if it is in Chinese, you can post it, provided you tell us the identity of the source, before summarizing or translating the content.

Links to a site where fans share rumors would not be OK. Some examples of acceptable links would be links to interviews of skaters or officials, links to the federation website, and links to media reports of events (and very much appreciated).

What we do not allow is unsourced rumors and gossip. Not only are they damaging to skaters' reputations, they are not allowed in the US and other countries, and a skater could sue the website and collect, if the gossip is false.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_defamation_law

I hope this explanation helps to explain what the website's policy is, and why we have it.

If there are more questions, please consider starting a thread to discuss issues of sourcing, defamation, and plagiarism (or any other questions you might have about GS) in the Feedback Forum section of GS.

Here's a link to Feedback for your convenience:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?17-Announcements-and-Feedback

yqs100

On the Ice
Here is the exact guideline:

When we say "unsourced" what we mean is that you did not supply a link that is the source of your information.

If there is something you would like to share, if there is a link to a published report, even if it is in Chinese, you can post it, provided you tell us the identity of the source, before summarizing or translating the content.

Links to a site where fans share rumors would not be OK. Some examples of acceptable links would be links to interviews of skaters or officials, links to the federation website, and links to media reports of events (and very much appreciated).

What we do not allow is unsourced rumors and gossip. Not only are they damaging to skaters' reputations, they are not allowed in the US and other countries, and a skater could sue the website and collect, if the gossip is false.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_defamation_law

I hope this explanation helps to explain what the website's policy is, and why we have it.

If there are more questions, please consider starting a thread to discuss issues of sourcing, defamation, and plagiarism (or any other questions you might have about GS) in the Feedback Forum section of GS.

Here's a link to Feedback for your convenience:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?17-Announcements-and-Feedback

Thanks for the explain. I don't believe Li Zijun is doping. What I translated was just the Fed worried she might, becuz she skipped the test a few times.

After Li Zijun showed up in the worlds, certainly the concern is cleared.

What I translated is just why the fed put her in and out of the list. And I don't think the fed will issue a public news to explain this, the ever-low PCS for her performance in the world already says something.

We do hope Li Zijun can concentrate more on the sport itself, and try the best. Chinese fans will be always with her.

yqs100

On the Ice
I will try not to be so mean.

However ... the Golden Skate guidelines specifically prohibit posts based on gossip and unsourced rumors which impugn a skater's personal integrity and character.

I do not know what is so hard to understand about that guideline.

I do not know how a figure skating fan can be rude!

Eclair

Medalist
Thanks for the explain. I don't believe Li Zijun is doping. What I translated was just the Fed worried she might, becuz she skipped the test a few times.

After Li Zijun showed up in the worlds, certainly the concern is cleared.

What I translated is just why the fed put her in and out of the list. And I don't think the fed will issue a public news to explain this, the ever-low PCS for her performance in the world already says something.

We do hope Li Zijun can concentrate more on the sport itself, and try the best. Chinese fans will be always with her.

Could you please post your source for that information? How do you know, that the fed was worried and therefore took her out of the entry list if the fed didn't make a public announcement?

I know that some fan's posted on Zijun's Facebook (Weibo) that she skipped tests, but then a lot off other fan's posted a variety of other explanations ranging from intrigue inside the fed to Zijun refusing to participate herself because the spot for the upcoming Olympics has already been given to xiangning no matter how she skates. I didn't take those anonymous fan's post for serious. and thought they were highly speculative with little confirmed information.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
yqs100, what we needed is a URL link then. The federation is an acceptable source, but only if their input is in writing and either a link to a website, or a citation/typed reference to printed material not on line is supplied. Idle talk/gossip/rumors is not allowed, since there is no documented source for them.

Even to say "John Doe said Jane Roe might be doping," does not work, since it libels both Jane and John, Jane as a doper, and John as a person who committed slander.

If there is an article that says, "When we interviewed him, John Doe, of CountryX federation, said Jane Roe might be doping," and there is a link to the interview, and you copy the link into your post, that is allowed.

yqs100

On the Ice
yqs100, what we needed is a URL link then. The federation is an acceptable source, but only if their input is in writing and either a link to a website, or a citation/typed reference to printed material not on line is supplied. Idle talk/gossip/rumors is not allowed, since there is no documented source for them.

Even to say "John Doe said Jane Roe might be doping," does not work, since it libels both Jane and John, Jane as a doper, and John as a person who committed slander.

If there is an article that says, "When we interviewed him, John Doe, of CountryX federation, said Jane Roe might be doping," and there is a link to the interview, and you copy the link into your post, that is allowed.

Thanks dorispulaski, as said I don't believe the fed will issue anything on this kind of thing. The info leaked on Chinese FS forum must be some insider which we won't know who it is.

Anyway, I accept remove of the post according to the rule. But I'm making complain on "'Mathman" 's attitude and the way he treats people in this forum! He should be more careful with the words he is using, especially as an admin in this forum!