Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: 2017-2018 Team China update

GS Supporter

1 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Thanks! Hoping somebody can share a link at some point. Do they have a JGP?
    Yep, they're assigned to croatia and italy. Really hope the Chinese camp has been working on sbs jumps...

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    Hate to be a debbie downer but I'm also disappointed in s/h's lp. I think they'll still win as long as they're cleaner/technically superior to the other pairs but i hate the k.d. lang version of hallelujah(to be fair, the choreo itself is great), and skating to turandot wouldn't have been so bad if the music cuts and choreo, as of now, weren't so mediocre. Hope lori will work on it more if this is what they're sticking to.
    i am not worried; it is early and when the skate clean the marks will jump. S/H are still the faves and defending world champs. Give them time to clean up and work their magic. I would have preferred not to have both S/H and Patrick Chanuse Hallelujah though. Mind you I guess one can argue S/H are contenders anda t best patrick is a pretender? Depending on your perspective.

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    i am not worried; it is early and when the skate clean the marks will jump. S/H are still the faves and defending world champs. Give them time to clean up and work their magic. I would have preferred not to have both S/H and Patrick Chanuse Hallelujah though. Mind you I guess one can argue S/H are contenders anda t best patrick is a pretender? Depending on your perspective.
    Nah, I'm not worried about their shape at this point; like you said and my original post, it's early and they'll get the points if clean esp. with their world champ status. just wish the music cuts are changed. Don't mind/doesn't matter that patrick and s/h are both using hallelujah. Different discipline.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Just saw a HD version of S/H's programs. actually the short program is quite nice, very different feel from Patrick's. and the smooth skating skills plus the connection between sui and han gives warm and aromatic feel.

The LP - most of the athletes had big mistakes in that event, heard the venue was quite cold and the ice was not very good. probably that's the reason. Regarding the music cut, I do hope Lori can re-touch it a bit. the first half is excellent, just the second part is a bit......over the top... OR it was that the mistakes messed up the whole feel. Honestly, I'm not worried about them too much...

Peng/ Jin's LP... oh dear - I miss Lulu,,,, the best version of butterfly lovers ever - 1998 olympics LP

Yu/ Zhang ... Love the SP, love the classic piece when everyone goes vocal. LP suits them well too.. Overall, I think Y/Z's programs are slightly better.

Tripping on the Podium Tastetherainbow's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Thanks! Hoping somebody can share a link at some point. Do they have a JGP?
    Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    Gao/Xie- I haven't seen links for their new programs. Can anyone share, if any?
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzAxNjE5MjY5Mg==.html

It's a sappy pop song, and G/X are still unpolished and somewhat slow on ice, but IMO the music choice alone is already far above the rest of the juniors and it provides a great vehicle that can be built upon. As for S/H, I think the root problem are their music cuts, which are atrocious. Not much can be done if your music is not good. I'm also trying to have faith in S/H since it's so early in the season, but it would be a shame to see them suffer a setback after a fantastic two seasons.

(Unfortunately rather than working on jumps it seems like G/X regressed because Gao grew so much )

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Of the new programs, I like Han's best immediately. The rest I have to wait to see them more practiced, polished and maybe even adjusted. I'm sure I'll enjoy them a lot more later at international events and with better videos.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yqs100 View Post
    Just saw a HD version of S/H's programs. .
    Do you have the links?

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastetherainbow View Post
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzAxNjE5MjY5Mg==.html

It's a sappy pop song, and G/X are still unpolished and somewhat slow on ice, but IMO the music choice alone is already far above the rest of the juniors and it provides a great vehicle that can be built upon. As for S/H, I think the root problem are their music cuts, which are atrocious. Not much can be done if your music is not good. I'm also trying to have faith in S/H since it's so early in the season, but it would be a shame to see them suffer a setback after a fantastic two seasons.

(Unfortunately rather than working on jumps it seems like G/X regressed because Gao grew so much )
    Goodness, she is tall for a pair girl. They have less height difference than dance pairs. Amazingly the twist still looks good. Sigh at the ur(probably) 3s... Hopefully she can get overcome this rough patch and get some triples before seniors.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14