2017-2018 Team China update | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Team China update

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Of the new programs, I like Han's best immediately. The rest I have to wait to see them more practiced, polished and maybe even adjusted. I'm sure I'll enjoy them a lot more later at international events and with better videos.

s_parks

Record Breaker
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzAxNjE5MjY5Mg==.html

It's a sappy pop song, and G/X are still unpolished and somewhat slow on ice, but IMO the music choice alone is already far above the rest of the juniors and it provides a great vehicle that can be built upon. As for S/H, I think the root problem are their music cuts, which are atrocious. Not much can be done if your music is not good. I'm also trying to have faith in S/H since it's so early in the season, but it would be a shame to see them suffer a setback after a fantastic two seasons.

(Unfortunately rather than working on jumps it seems like G/X regressed because Gao grew so much :slink: )

Goodness, she is tall for a pair girl. They have less height difference than dance pairs. Amazingly the twist still looks good. Sigh at the ur(probably) 3s... Hopefully she can get overcome this rough patch and get some triples before seniors.

yqs100

On the Ice
Congrats to Peng/ Jin for the first gold of this new team.

next week Yu/Zhang and Yan Han will attend another competition in Nice, France.

yqs100

On the Ice
Lori is in Beijing again to help the key skaters polish their programs...

Really hope she can re-work on S/H's long program.... can't wait

Eclair

Medalist

Agree, I really hope she can re-work S/H both programs, as wells as Boyang's both programs and better music cuts and arrangements for Zijun's SP and cut out that singing voice (somewhere over the rainbow) in her LP ...

put that 3axel into the second half of the SP Boyang! There really is no reason why it's still in the first half in the first place. Don't know what they thought. Some costume changes in the SP wouldn't hurt either. That black costume isn't doing anything for him, especially with his stockier build. Some work on lines, expression, detail and flexibility in both SP and LP are necessary, too. Ideally, re-arrange music cuts of LP, but maybe it's too late for that. I was trying to be nice, because I like Boyang, but there is still a lot of work to do.

s_parks

Record Breaker

Well, the top two key skaters that come to mind are S/H and Boyang, so.... fingers crossed for better cuts!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
LOL. Boyang's LP, Star Wars, is supposed to be a proxy of Men's last group!

Gosh some of the questions are so :eek:: .. they seriously asked him if he wear thermal underwear? :laugh2:
(BYJ's answer is even more hilarious. He says no, because I am still so young. Begs the question who DOES wear thermal underwear?)

It is good to know it is HIM who picked crouching tiger hidden dragon! Great choice! Only if you get to pick the FS too. Oh well....

Eclair

Medalist
Gosh some of the questions are so :eek:: .. they seriously asked him if he wear thermal underwear? :laugh2:
(BYJ's answer is even more hilarious. He says no, because I am still so young. Begs the question who DOES wear thermal underwear?)

It is good to know it is HIM who picked crouching tiger hidden dragon! Great choice! Only if you get to pick the FS too. Oh well....

Liu (ice dance) said he wears long underwear. But because his legs are long he can put different layers on without looking chubby.

btw There are a lot more interviews of team china in the igloo world team other skaters section of planet hanyu if you're interested^^They are quite light hearted and funny

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wow since when did Hanyu have his own forum?! I didn't know this. Cool thanks!!

Eclair

Medalist
yes but I think the drama has settled a little and I wouldn't consider them and GS competitors, as they target different topics (lots of pictures, tweets and interviews of asian skaters like Shoma, Nathan and Boyang and of course Yuzuru) while GS is more about discussion and less about fandom as I understand it. So I hope it was OK to post a reference of them here ^^

yqs100

On the Ice
wah Sui/ Han‘s SP got a new opening and seqsteps.... looks more smooth...

I’m sure LP will have big changes too

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Any news about Zijun Li? She didn't show up at COC, and I just checked the entry list of GP France, and her name is no longer on the list there.

Does this indicate that she is retiring? If it were injury, it is not that hard to make an announcement.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For the past few years, I have been going on about the way that Chinese Pairs skater Xie Zhong has been going through partners like nobody's business. And about how he had a good one a few years ago, but ditched her. And about how it was a big mistake, and that he should have stuck with her.

Zhang Mingyang / Xie Zhong: 2012 National Winter Games SP

Well, last week we saw that former partner, Zhang Mingyang, make her Senior GP debut at the Cup of China with her new partner, Song Bowen. And they did not disgrace themselves.

Zhang Mingyang / Song Bowen: 2017 Cup Of China SP

But what I found extra fascinating was that one of their coaches is another good Pairs skater who had disappeared without trace a few years back: Zhang Tianci, who was Peng Cheng's partner before she was paired up with Zhang Hao.

Peng Cheng / Zhang Tianci: 2012 National Winter Games SP

When I saw Mingyang and Tianci sitting together waiting for the results, it struck me how alike they are. And it started me wondering - are they by any chance siblings?

So, does anybody know if they are indeed related?

CaroLiza_fan