2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 65 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Apparently people are saying the ice is bad, which would explain why everything has been so messy

kenboy123

On the Ice
Anyone planning to go the Canadian Nationals this season???...i just realized that it is in my hometown of Vancouver where I live...yay!!!...

kenboy123

On the Ice
If only Osmond could skate clean, she would be sweeping at least all the silver medals...she had the highest everything in every department, it's just the execution that always lets her down...i'm not worried about her being clean at the Olympics or Worlds (at least not right now), but if she doesn't get clean sooner rather than later, she is going to lose the reputation battle and by the time the Olympics come around, the judges are going to be like "oh, so you were amazing once, well...Medvedeva delivers all the time"...

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
If only Osmond could skate clean, she would be sweeping at least all the silver medals...she had the highest everything in every department, it's just the execution that always lets her down...i'm not worried about her being clean at the Olympics or Worlds (at least not right now), but if she doesn't get clean sooner rather than later, she is going to lose the reputation battle and by the time the Olympics come around, the judges are going to be like "oh, so you were amazing once, well...Medvedeva delivers all the time"...

Yes, Ken, overall Medv., has delivered in the past, but this year she has shown that she is human. In her 2 GP's this season she has yet to skate 2 clean programs back to back, same with Alina. Does KO have work to do, absolutely, and the same can be said of many others.

ChanClan

On the Ice
Anyone planning to go the Canadian Nationals this season???...i just realized that it is in my hometown of Vancouver where I live...yay!!!...

I'll be going! Taking my Grandma. She looooves Tessa and Scott and Patrick and has never seen them skate live so she is super excited, especially since these will probably be their last Nationals.

singerskates

On the Ice
Yes, Ken, overall Medv., has delivered in the past, but this year she has shown that she is human. In her 2 GP's this season she has yet to skate 2 clean programs back to back, same with Alina. Does KO have work to do, absolutely, and the same can be said of many others.
If you look at the skater who finished in first place you'll notice that the skater placed all of her jumps in the second half of her freeskate. That is not a well balanced program and there should be a penalty for back loading all jumps into the second half.

kenboy123

On the Ice
If you look at the skater who finished in first place you'll notice that the skater placed all of her jumps in the second half of her freeskate. That is not a well balanced program and there should be a penalty for back loading all jumps into the second half.

That has already been brought up and yes Zagitova should get a penalty, but that's not going to happen...if Osmond does skate cleanly (a big IF), then i honestly think she would beat Zagitova, Osmond's everything is higher than Zagitova's, but Osmond just can't skate clean...

AvgeekJoe

On the Ice
New guy here. Any updates on the 2018 Canadian Championships in Vancouver....

I'm wondering having a Saturday ticket if I please can get into the practice sessions, if there will be an autograph session and hoping I can get into the medal ceremony that evening. Love to give flowers at the appropriate time.

I just want to conduct me appropriately enthusiastically and everybody have a good time. I've learned the hard way as a photographer (mostly with airshows) better to review the rules before setting foot in the venue, not during.

Thanks in advance.

singerskates

On the Ice
New guy here. Any updates on the 2018 Canadian Championships in Vancouver....

I'm wondering having a Saturday ticket if I please can get into the practice sessions, if there will be an autograph session and hoping I can get into the medal ceremony that evening. Love to give flowers at the appropriate time.

I just want to conduct me appropriately enthusiastically and everybody have a good time. I've learned the hard way as a photographer (mostly with airshows) better to review the rules before setting foot in the venue, not during.

Thanks in advance.
Best way to get photographs is to contact Skate Canada and volunteer. Go to their website.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well... it seems like Skate Canada is done sending athletes out for 2017... none of the boys who desperately need tech mins were sent out to Tallin or Zagreb.
In fact, no Canadians are going. Of course, there will be challenge coming up but that's not a good reason.

It seems to me that Skate Canada is trying to save money here and will look at the results of Nationals and then send people... For instance, let's say that skater X gets second place but doesn't have the tech min, they can then give that skater a senior B...but what if skater Y had the tech mins? It sounds to me like when they wanted Kevin to go but Kevin didn't meet the requirements...

I would have preferred they had sent people in need of these scores that are front runners already, to the autumn Senior B events rather than scramble in the new year.

Mango: do you have a list, handy, of who has the tech mins for 4cc/Olympics and Worlds?

One thing that concerns me is that in Men, Patrick will most likely not do Worlds... (Kevin wouldn't either)... so who would have the tech mins there?

And what about 4CC as of course, it's very unlikely our Olympians go there as it's too close to the games....

Guys 3 to 6 at Nationals could end up getting some assignments... IF they have registered the requirements... (Hypothetical : Patrick and Kevin go to Olympics, Keegan is in third. He is assigned to worlds and as sub for Olympics but they don't send him to 4cc, in case he needs to sub in for OG. guys 4-5-6 go to 4cc... I am sure Liam and Nic have their minimums... but that's about it I think.... Conrad and Joseph need to get out as they don't have senior scores.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The ISU lists: Technical Score for the current 2017/2018 and previous season. It's updated. The Canadian men listed are:
- Elladj Balde
- Patrick Chan
- Liam Firus
- Mitchell Gordon
- Keegan Messing
- Nicolas Nadeau
- Nam Nguyen
- Kevin Reynolds
- Roman Sadovsky
- Bennet Toman

They all have both Worlds and 4CC/Olympic minimums. So everyone in the top ten at Nats last year has them. The only problem is that Joseph and Conrad don't, though they could get them in time for Worlds.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
... The #CanadianCurse is real. Who else wants to bet we will leave the 2018 Olympics with more silver medals to add to our growing collection

Gees valentino, was it your intent on joining GS, to be a Debbie downer, or are you a pessimist by nature? Just wanting to understand the thinking here, as curious by nature. :)