2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 136 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

NAOTMAA

Medalist
2A seems to be a weak point for Eteri girls or at least it is for Evgenia :eek:hwell:

I'm pretty sure I recall she had trouble with it in both the SP and LP at Euros two years ago as well. She gets decent lift on all the jumps except the axel which seems to simply skim across the ice at low height rather then go up. Yulia had the same axel technique as well.

Oh well I know she won't let it happen again so congrats on the win. Another step finish on the journey to Olympic gold :biggrin: ;)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
2A seems to be a weak point for Eteri girls or at least it is for Evgenia :eek:hwell:

I'm pretty sure I recall she had trouble with it in both the SP and LP at Euros two years ago as well. She gets decent lift on all the jumps except the axel which seems to simply skim across the ice at low height rather then go up. Yulia had the same axel technique as well.

Oh well I know she won't let it happen again so congrats on the win. Another step finish on the journey to Olympic gold :biggrin: ;)
She fell the 2A in Euros.

Medvedeva has said in interviews that 2A is her least favorite jump and that it's her worst. And well, while she does have a flutz, she hasn't really fallen it that much so that seems accurate.

whatif

Medalist
She should have moved this fall to the end, when Karenina throws herself under the train.

I like the idea. What about also doing a costume change with some blood, brain matter, and torn limbs?????? Let's go all in.

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
Julia commentating Nicole Schott's Schindler's List LP. :hopelessness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3m31h0W7kg

She apologized, she couldn't focus on the program hearing the music.
Said: "I'm sorry, nostalgia took over". :sad21:

A little bit off topic but that music choice seemed to be very tactless towards israeli people from a german skater. I couldn't watch that program because this theme is still very sensitive in my family.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
It is not just girls, by the way. Her male skaters are not big fans of the axel either. Erokhov and Kvitelashvili each do three quads in the FS and only one 3A.

SXTN

Final Flight
A little bit off topic but that music choice seemed to be very tactless towards israeli people from a german skater. I couldn't watch that program because this theme is still very sensitive in my family.

Schindler, a German himself, rescued hundreds of people. So I don't think it is tactless for a 20 year old girl to skate to that music. I don't think she wants to offend anybody with that music choice.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

Wow. You know that Schindler was German? I find that comment extremely tactless against Nicole.

Hannah555

Final Flight
Wow. You know that Schindler was German? I find that comment extremely tactless against Nicole.

Yes. I know who Schindler was and I visited his grave several times with my kids. I didn't write that it was offensive. Just my personal feelings that I couldn't watch it. Yes it was personally hard for me... Is it wrong to honestly tell how I felt? I still find this music choice bad... I dont blame the skater. I guess it's her team choice

SXTN

Final Flight
Yes. I know who Schindler was and I visited his grave several times with my kids. I didn't write that it was offensive. Just my personal feelings that I couldn't watch it. Yes it was personally hard for me... Is it wrong to honestly tell how I felt? I still find this music choice bad... I dont blame the skater. I guess it's her team choice

That is totally understandable that you feel uneasy.

But Nicole is a girl like Yulia – if German or Russian, it doesn't matter. And I think Germany has done a great job over the last decades to come to terms with the past in a very self-critical way.

tjb

Match Penalty
there is not a lot of reasons to keep training axel, if you don't want to jump a 3A.
japanese skaters are known for good axels, because mao is an idol in japan (and so was midori), every girl wants to be like mao, so they all learning a 3A. but usally girls are stopping to practice axels, as soon as they learn theirs doubles.
in eteri's case, sasha and alena are having a great 2A. but they are also practicing 3A

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

You mentioned it was tactless because Nicole is german. So I assume it's okay if Julia Lipnitskaia skates to Schindler's List, but not a german skater. You're certainly allowed your opinion and I have mine. I dislike any Schindler's List Programm. If it's from Peter Liebers or Julia Lipnitskaia....that doesn't matter to me.

Hannah555

Final Flight
That is totally understandable that you feel uneasy.

But Nicole is a girl like Yulia – if German or Russian, it doesn't matter. And I think Germany has done a great job over the last decades to come to terms with the past in a very self-critical way.

Ok. Let's just end it here as it's totally OT. You can pm me.

sross43

Rinkside
Medvedeva: "The program is the flight of the human soul, I'm in a different world and someome tells me to come back." *Insert Jamie Lee Curtis voice* Could you, like, chill for a sec?