Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Thread: 2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tars View Post
    Will Alina Zagitova become new '15yo daughter of Russia' in Pyeongchang?
    Until she learns to skate with her heart...I'm thinking NO

On the Ice

3 Not allowed!
    ^I hoped Russian girls won't get infected with that stupid photo-animalistic trend, well...

Gubanova has had busy off-season, maybe she has corrected/mastered her jumping technique.
    Will Alina Zagitova become new '15yo daughter of Russia' in Pyeongchang?
    Gulyakova and Trusova for first JGP in Brisbane.
    It depends how she will do. Right now Med is number 1 in Russia but remember that juniors don't get as much coverage as senior so who knows. Besides now situation is different. Before Sochi situation in Russian ladies' field was really bad so Yulia winning all possible events in Olympic season was definitely a new chance Russian figure skating so she got all media coverage possible. Now the field is really deep and Russia has so many successful figure skaters in seniors and juniors. Novice skaters are really promising too so Dark Times of Ladies' field in Russia are gone.

I'm so nervous about Gubanova's jumps. She has amazing artistry and if she improved her technical skills she would be really strong contender for next JGPF and JWC.

I can't wait for Gulyakova's and Tsurova's performances in Brisbane. I wish them all the best <3

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    I'm asking, because as nice of a person Zhenya is, Alina seems more suited for the role - cute, fragile, younger girl from provincional poor family, travelled hundreds of miles to reach her dream in Moscow, injured many times with broken hands, legs, cast away by Eteri, taken back. Now, facing great feds favourite, Zhenya (like Adelina four years ago). It has so many common themes with Yulia's path, it's stunning.

Brave little kid living all alone in Moscow with her babushka, missing mom and dad and fighting for her Olympic dream against all odds... Will Russia embrace her new daughter?

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    I'm asking, because as nice of a person Zhenya is, Alina seems more suited for the role - cute, fragile, younger girl from provincional poor family, travelled hundred of miles away to reach her dream in Moscow, injured many times with broken hands, legs, cast away by Eteri, taken back. Now, facing great feds favourite, Zhenya (like Adelina four years ago). It has so many common themes with Yulia's path, it's stunning.

Brave little kid living all alone in Moscow with her babushka, missing mom and dad and fighting for her Olympic dream against all odds... Hug me, Russia!
    Yeah... it's definitely a dreams come true story. Girls who was ready to come back home with her belongings already packed was giver a second chance and made it to the absolute top. If she wins OGM it really will be movie worth material. Also Alina's story shows how much young skaters sacrifice: we all see them how fierce they are on ice and how they have 3-4 minutes to show how much they learn through hard, hard work. We don't see how they have to grow up quicker, how much time they spend without their family or how how they don't have occasion to make friends outside the rink. I know that Deniss Vasiljevs is a similar case as he lived in Sochi without his parents when he trained with Urmanov.
    I also love how humble Alina seems to be. She is amazing technically and I want to watch her grow artistically (it's why I'm worried about Black Swan program). I read that Kolyada and Aliev have "sparring" training sessions and I thought it would be great is Gubanova and Zagitova had something like that. Anastasia would look at Alina's jump technique and Alina would observe Nastya's artistry

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ejnsofi View Post
    Yeah... it's definitely a dreams come true story. Girls who was ready to come back home with her belongings already packed was giver a second chance and made it to the absolute top. If she wins OGM it really will be movie worth material. Also Alina's story shows how much young skaters sacrifice: we all see them how fierce they are on ice and how they have 3-4 minutes to show how much they learn through hard, hard work. We don't see how they have to grow up quicker, how much time they spend without their family or how how they don't have occasion to make friends outside the rink. I know that Deniss Vasiljevs is a similar case as he lived in Sochi without his parents when he trained with Urmanov.
    I also love how humble Alina seems to be. She is amazing technically and I want to watch her grow artistically (it's why I'm worried about Black Swan program). I read that Kolyada and Aliev have "sparring" training sessions and I thought it would be great is Gubanova and Zagitova had something like that. Anastasia would look at Alina's jump technique and Alina would observe Nastya's artistry
    Yes, definitely!!! Since Alina will probably dominate next season I'd prefer for her to have a more artistic look, she doesn't look polished.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35