2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 132 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Apparently Evgenia fell in practice. I’m shocked.
Nothing much about Elena, but I heard she’s doing a 3sal-3toe.
Is there practice video up yet?

She has fallen in competition before. She is a human being, you know. There is no skater in the world who only has perfect practices.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
i agree. They were almost good in 13-14, not that bad in 14-15 and then just became absolute trainwrecks. She has the worst music choices i think i've encountered.

The sport would be so much better if they again started to protect the skaters from themselves and banned sung music. It's like 95:5 in favor of miss vs hit. Though, unfortunately, that'd remove the 5% that i really do enjoy. Perhaps there should be a "music choice" pcs category to punish these so that the skaters would pick something bearable to listen to. It's a sad state when you actually have to watch some programs muted.

j'eeeeee taaaaaimeeee j'eeeeeeeee taaaaaimeeeee! (arms flailing) j'eeeeee taaaaaimeeee j'eeeeeeeee taaaaaimeeeee! (arms flailing)

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Seems that Zhenya has been falling even when off the ice (just check out Wakaba Higuchi's Instagram story) :laugh:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Looking at the fancams Zhenya looks really good, and I'm hearing the same from some friends who are there so knock on wood, should be a good opening GP! No need for perfect, clean will do.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Medvedeva is in trouble now. So who will win?

In trouble because she fell on the flip in practice? God... it means Nagasu might not have a chance to medal since she fell on 3A<<, 2A and 3Lz on practice today according to your logic.:sarcasm:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Apparently Evgenia fell in practice. I’m shocked.
Nothing much about Elena, but I heard she’s doing a 3sal-3toe.
Is there practice video up yet?

It means that she's done, right? :drama: :laugh:

It must be that puberty monster finally catching up with her :biggrin:

She has fallen in competition before. She is a human being, you know. There is no skater in the world who only has perfect practices.

She makes noticeable (for average person) errors so rarely that even step-outs or bobbles after jumps etch out into people's mind as falls or at least their memory becomes distorted like this after some time as they remember ''some error'' somewhere friom the past. Yes, I remember reading repetitive reminiscences of ''fall'' in this or that competition only to find out there was no fall. So Zhenya's falls in actual competition are phantom like for the most part.

Has any skater ever had such a long streak of consecutive wins? :confused: The last time she lost - 2 years ago.