puremagic

-
Record Breaker
no Alenka
no Lozko
no topmodel
no KillBill-Girl
no Doshirak

Alenka is not eligible. I would say no Kurakova, no Vasilieva, no Nugumanova. But all of them (Alenka, Katia, Vika and Liza) will participate at the Junior Russian Nationals 2018.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
no Alenka

Btw, Alena should work harder on her jumps. Very often her combos look URed. She also has no musicality, her choreo looks too mechanic and scripted, no expressions on her face. But she has about 9 months to fix it before the Junior Russian test skates, where will be decided who will compete at JGP stages.

topmodel

Match Penalty
Btw, Alena should work harder on her jumps. Very often her combos look URed. She also has no musicality, her choreo looks too mechanic and scripted, no expressions on her face. But she has about 9 months to fix it before the Junior Russian test skates, where will be decided who will compete at JGP stages.

She has the expression of a KGB-Natasha. Isnt that enough?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I LOVE Alena Leonova!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I realize there is very little chance that she will make the Olympic Team in Russia but, I'd hate to see her stay home when she's looking this good. I love her big smile and she just make me happy. She got her best score ever and I hope she will get 4cc if she doesn't get to go to the Olympics or Worlds. Bravo.......:bow::bow::bow:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_3ifMTySgE

Hey Mrrice - I know in history the former Russia Soviet Union was considered part of Asia and thus I guess would be eligible for 4CC's but I don't think Russia is eligible - I could be wrong but still I kind of wish we could see more of her - she was a joy to watch. But with Polina flexing her muscles even if Anna P is considered down and out you still have enough "mediocre Russian" ladies to push out of the way. I mean even with the "downfall" of Evgenia (sarcasm folks - even with a rougher skater she still isn't bad at all) Russia still has Radinova, Polina, Liza, Alina and "bland" Maria before you get to Leonova, Pogo and all.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Hey Mrrice - I know in history the former Russia Soviet Union was considered part of Asia and thus I guess would be eligible for 4CC's but I don't think Russia is eligible - I could be wrong but still I kind of wish we could see more of her - she was a joy to watch. But with Polina flexing her muscles even if Anna P is considered down and out you still have enough "mediocre Russian" ladies to push out of the way. I mean even with the "downfall" of Evgenia (sarcasm folks - even with a rougher skater she still isn't bad at all) Russia still has Radinova, Polina, Liza, Alina and "bland" Maria before you get to Leonova, Pogo and all.

Is there a limit to how many skaters Russia can send to Europeans? Is it like Worlds where they can only send 3? Russia is so deep in talent that there will be some very talented ladies staying home. Is Tuk even in the mix these days? How about Pogo? She was a world medalist just 2 seasons ago.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
What's the hell? At the next stage will participate again: Kostornaya, Panenkova + ABBA girl and Tarusina. It makes things harder. :disapp: But yeah, it's in Moscow, in their hometown, so why not... Also Tarakanova, Kanysheva and Vasilieva in the juniors.

jiawen2016

On the Ice
Is there a limit to how many skaters Russia can send to Europeans? Is it like Worlds where they can only send 3? Russia is so deep in talent that there will be some very talented ladies staying home. Is Tuk even in the mix these days? How about Pogo? She was a world medalist just 2 seasons ago.

Wish ISU would change the rule that whoever qualifies for GPF would automatically earn a spot for World Championships/Olympics that season. This would make both GP and World Championships/Olympics more interesting!

topmodel

Match Penalty
Wish ISU would change the rule that whoever qualifies for GPF would automatically earn a spot for World Championships/Olympics that season. This would make both GP and World Championships/Olympics more interesting!

Yeah, sure ... change every time the rule, if there is a situation which doesnt fit.
Nope, sir! The rulez have their reason.

moriel

Record Breaker
Yeah, sure ... change every time the rule, if there is a situation which doesnt fit.

Nah, dont change the rule every time, but just once.
It actually makes all sense to me overall: if there is one country with great depth, it is bad to sport to keep strong competitors out of Worlds for example.

UPD: you should use this argument for the backloading threads, btw ;)

topmodel

Match Penalty
Nah, dont change the rule every time, but just once.
It actually makes all sense to me overall: if there is one country with great depth, it is bad to sport to keep strong competitors out of Worlds for example.

UPD: you should use this argument for the backloading threads, btw ;)

This would probably make a Worldchampionship a Russian/Jappanese/Korean Championship in the ladies section. Nope, sir, that wouldnt make sense.

mrrice

Record Breaker

It's not about a rule change, it's about making sure the most talented skaters get their chance to skate at the Olympics. Right now, it's Russia who has more than 3 top ladies who are capable of making the Podium at the Games. With Alaine C. and Mariah B. both struggling, Canada and the US don't have 3 ladies who could threaten for a podium finish. I never want to see a great skater miss the chance to achieve their dream. I'd rather see a rule change to add a 4th skater to a team if there are 4 skaters from the same team who get themselves to the GPF.