2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 175 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

hanca

Record Breaker
You missed this post. Only Kostornaya and Panenkova are there. Well, judges can give inflated scores to ABBA just because she competed at Skate Russia, the same way as they overscored Samodurova yesterday because she won two JGP. I suspect this list of participants includes only Muscovites, but I don't think ladies from St. Pete (specifically Samodurova/Konstantinova) will compete there. So anyway Tarusina should be third or fourth.

And also you confused two Alenas! :disapp:

I didn’t miss that post, but it is not the final version of the competitors. Firstly, there are listed competitors only from Moscow, and secondly, the list is not closed - they are still able to send an email and get added on the list. The list for Russian cup 4 was quite different from the competitors who actually attended.

Ender

Match Penalty
Polina's FS put me to sleep. That program needs to go if she wants any chance at getting to OG.
Sadly I have to agree even though I really like her, but given that she has just come back from a series of injuries, maybe her team just wanna to make sure she will skate cleanly more often rather than making breakout programs for her.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Victory ceremony of the Russian Cup stage fourth

They are all so adorable. :love: And Alena is SO small! I guess she is the smallest figure skater in the world at her age. She is just like a little kitten :love::love::love:

Alena really is tiny, in videos from Moscow Open I couldn't really tell but at JGP she was the shortest skater there I think :biggrin: But the bigger revelation for me is that Sofia is taller than Daria! :eek: I thought Dasha was the tallest, I was so wrong :slink:

moriel

Record Breaker
Polina's FS put me to sleep. That program needs to go if she wants any chance at getting to OG.

o_O just curious here, but how anything can be boring with those jumps?
I mean, i could just make a video loop of her jumping and watch it for hours nonstop.

madison

Record Breaker
o_O just curious here, but how anything can be boring with those jumps?
I mean, i could just make a video loop of her jumping and watch it for hours nonstop.

Because people follow figure skating for different reasons. I also don't pay so much attention to the jumps. They are important, of course, but I look mostly at what the skater brings on the ice in terms of personality, expression of the music, the construction of the program etc.

Ender

Match Penalty
Because people follow figure skating for different reasons. I also don't pay so much attention to the jumps. They are important, of course, but I look mostly at what the skater brings on the ice in terms of personality, expression of the music, the construction of the program etc.
I love jumps but I still have to say her FS is boring.

madison

Record Breaker
I love jumps but I still have to say her FS is boring.

It's not boring, just empty. Probably because she is focusing more on the jumps now.
The music and the costume are good and suit her well, giving an aura of mystery.

Shayuki

Record Breaker

I love her jumps too but that FS is a disaster. Me liking her and enjoying watching her really don't change that. She deserves better.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Alena really is tiny, in videos from Moscow Open I couldn't really tell but at JGP she was the shortest skater there I think :biggrin: But the bigger revelation for me is that Sofia is taller than Daria! :eek: I thought Dasha was the tallest, I was so wrong :slink:

Funny bit : when Sofia realized she didn’t hug Alena when she stepped on the podium , so Sofia leans over and gives her a kiss on the cheek.

Also, is this Russian Cup a way for juniors to qualify for senior nationals? I don’t understand why there are so many stages of the competition.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Funny bit : when Sofia realized she didn’t hug Alena when she stepped on the podium , so Sofia leans over and gives her a kiss on the cheek.

Also, is this Russian Cup a way for juniors to qualify for senior nationals? I don’t understand why there are so many stages of the competition.

Well if there were only 2 stages the competitions would last like 12 hours per discipline(for ladies)...