2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 176 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Well, tars sent me PM with complaining about copyrights and said if I won't remove it, he will beat me. So I decided not to risk.

I happen to have a 100x100 picture of the lord, waiting for me writing my 100th message on this forum. I wonder if it is the same picture you had in your avatar...

winky97

Medalist
Polina's FS put me to sleep. That program needs to go if she wants any chance at getting to OG.

I agree that she needs a more dynamic program but with those jumps I will take watching her over some of the other ladies out there with more interesting programs. Not a question about her jumps. She was my favorite lady this weekend. I wish I had decided to go to skate America because I would love to see those jumps live. I am happy for her because I worried about her with her height and then the injuries came. Good for her.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Let's see...
Empress Evgenia
Empress Dowager Elena
Duchess Daria
Marquess Maria
Princess Polina
Tsarina Tarakanova
Archduchess Alina
Archduchess Alena Kostornaya
Archduchess Alexandra
Sultana Sofia
Sultana Stanislava

moriel

Record Breaker

randomfan

Record Breaker
I honestly don’t think Polina’s FS is as bad as people say it is. Sure, it’s a little one-note and the voiceover at the beginning needs to go, but it’s not terrible.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I honestly don’t think Polina’s FS is as bad as people say it is. Sure, it’s a little one-note and the voiceover at the beginning needs to go, but it’s not terrible.

Haha...I heard they just added that voice over the other day. Ilya probably had a vision :shock2:

I liked the program too. I actually like programs like this that don’t have overt acting or heavy emoting. Its almost calming watching it unfold as opposed to so many programs which feel almost in your face.

moriel

Record Breaker
Haha...I heard they just added that voice over the other day. Ilya probably had a vision :shock2:

I liked the program too. I actually like programs like this that don’t have overt acting or heavy emoting. Its almost calming watching it unfold as opposed to so many programs which feel almost in your face.

Also they probably will add more to it, and Polina will be more comfy with skating it too (when she was leaving the ice, she said she was nervous on the first spin, for example) - I suppose the goal now was to skate clean the tech content.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Also they probably will add more to it, and Polina will be more comfy with skating it too (when she was leaving the ice, she said she was nervous on the first spin, for example) - I suppose the goal now was to skate clean the tech content.

I actually think less is more, and I hope they take stuff away from it. :) For example the random Ina Bauer (do we need two Ina Bauers), the half-@**ed (pun intended) cantilever... etc. To me it's just too busy and doesn't allow her to extend and hold and let her natural lines shine through.

And these busy transitions, a lot of them are dispensable because they don't go with the music. To think, they changed the music for more than one minute of the program just between the 3rd Russian Cup and NHK (less than one week) and she skated it to perfection at NHK, this probably means there was no change to the choreography (sorry I didn't really compare them closely side by side) which means the choreography had and still has no connection to the music... :think:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
she didnt do any clean fs for a long time so giving her an ez fs saved her tbh

This could be true and well, having an easy FS is fine but I can't help but think that you still could choreo even an intentionally easy program just a bit more interestingly. I guess it remains to be seen - Maybe she'll be able to make me change my mind about it during the course of the season.

moriel

Record Breaker
I actually think less is more, and I hope they take stuff away from it. :) For example the random Ina Bauer (do we need two Ina Bauers), the half-@**ed (pun intended) cantilever... etc. To me it's just too busy and doesn't allow her to extend and hold and let her natural lines shine through.

And these busy transitions, a lot of them are dispensable because they don't go with the music. To think, they changed the music for more than one minute of the program just between the 3rd Russian Cup and NHK (less than one week) and she skated it to perfection at NHK, this probably means there was no change to the choreography (sorry I didn't really compare them closely side by side) which means the choreography had and still has no connection to the music... :think:

She is unfortunately no Caro to get Pcs just from gliding through the rink, so I expect more transitions in there, really.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I agree Polina's program can be more engaging but her LP is way better than Maria's, which indeed puts me to sleep. The new cut of music is the type of music I love. For Polina's style, as close to Caro's as it can get, a simpler music with some memorable melody is the way to go.

Anyone feels Pilina's LP music is somehow similar to Jason Brown's?

Polina's FS put me to sleep. That program needs to go if she wants any chance at getting to OG.