2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 179 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

atsumiri

Record Breaker
It'd be Kanysheva - Valieva - Akatieva, but we need at least 3-4 every year, like with "Fantastic 4".

2001 - you're right, there is nobody I can recall... :scratch2:
2003 - Tarusina, Vasilieva - still very strong skaters, Mukhortova - interesting performer; two of the three held back by injuries last season

2007 -
Elizaveta Berestovskaya (dec 2007)
Sofia AKATIEVA (july 2007)
Sofia Samodelkina ( feb 2007)

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
It'd be Kanysheva - Valieva - Akatieva, but we need at least 3-4 every year, like with "Fantastic 4".

2001 - you're right, there is nobody I can recall... :scratch2:
2003 - Tarusina, Vasilieva - still very strong skaters, Mukhortova - interesting performer; two of the three held back by injuries last season

How could I forget about these three... Yeah.

And about NFSL - I meant it! There also have to be the scouting bureau where I wanna work. Just imagine: you are always near the rink watching cute little kittens on the ice and doing some notes about them, who of them might be a star or superstar.

Just watched one local competition and noticed that girl. She looks like 5-6 yo, but I already can see the signs of mastery in her skating. Some of the good skaters also were captured by this guy. He definitely will get the job in that scouting bureau.

atsumiri said the right thing about 2007 year girls, I also can notice this girl of 2005. She has beautiful softcat landings on her jumps.

I like how Svetlana slaps her students before the start of skating. :laugh:

madison

Record Breaker
How could I forget about these three... Yeah.

And about NFSL - I meant it! There also have to be the scouting bureau where I wanna work. Just imagine: you are always near the rink watching cute little kittens on the ice and doing some notes about them, who of them might be a star or superstar.

Just watched one local competition and noticed that girl. She looks like 5-6 yo, but I already can see the signs of mastery in her skating. Some of the good skaters also were captured by this guy. He definitely will get the job in that scouting bureau.

atsumiri said the right thing about 2007 year girls, I also can notice this girl of 2005. She has beautiful softcat landings on her jumps.

I like how Svetlana slaps her students before the start of skating. :laugh:

:agree: Puremagic:love:

Resa

On the Ice
That was Polina.
Alina wore a costume that some called too revealing and too suggestive and mature for her. She skated a program that was definitely not about to become standard in the sport.
I didn't have a problem with it but a lot of people did.

1) She wore a tiger costume (fits to the music theme) which I don't think is revealing. It even has long trousers. The dresses with short skirts reveal much more in my opinion.
2) Girl is what age? 15/16? I don't think there is a problem with wearing this type of "suggestive things" (how people apparently call it) at that age (I repeat, I don't think this costume is revealing).
3) I wouldn't wear a tiger costume as an adult so I don't think this costume is mature either :D
4) Yes, the program was weird but I would find it awesome if this is the music she likes and listens to in her free time - seems cool to me.
I know you don't have a problem with it, I just wanted to answer to the allegations :)

moriel

Record Breaker
1) She wore a tiger costume (fits to the music theme) which I don't think is revealing. It even has long trousers. The dresses with short skirts reveal much more in my opinion.
2) Girl is what age? 15/16? I don't think there is a problem with wearing this type of "suggestive things" (how people apparently call it) at that age (I repeat, I don't think this costume is revealing).
3) I wouldn't wear a tiger costume as an adult so I don't think this costume is mature either :D
4) Yes, the program was weird but I would find it awesome if this is the music she likes and listens to in her free time - seems cool to me.
I know you don't have a problem with it, I just wanted to answer to the allegations :)

I would add a
5) Folks, 15-16 is like the only time when you can do stuff like that without being considered vulgar and whatever. Let the girls have fun.

russianfan

Match Penalty
i think that program was awesome, i really like it. She performed so many different things already, just think about it:
Red Ballerina, Pink Panther, Shaherezade, Black Swan, Tigress, etc. And i like every single one of them

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
i think that program was awesome, i really like it. She performed so many different things already, just think about it:
Red Ballerina, Pink Panther, Shaherezade, Black Swan, Tigress, etc. And i like every single one of them

I still don't understand why her team called Samson and Delilah as Scherezade... :scratch2:

madison

Record Breaker

Are you Daniil G? :laugh:
I'm joking, I also like the program and especially the music :love:
I'm curious... What would you like her to perform next season?

Are you Daniil G? :laugh:
I'm joking, I also like the program and especially the music :love:
I'm curious... What would you like her to perform next season?

Can I add my thoughts? [emoji102]

I was watching Gaby Daleman’s FS and thinking the music (a better cut) might suit Alina. It’s strong and delicate at the same time which kinda Alina’s style. It’s very mature tho and kinda hard music to skate to
(or it won’t suit her completely idk)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I can actually really see that!
But I think her team is trying to go with ballet themed, at least currently, to conjure up an image for fans who didn't follow the juniors last year. I like it but some think it's trite I suppose.
If/when they stop doing only ballet, that would be a good choice in my opinion.

madison

Record Breaker
But I think her team is trying to go with ballet themed, at least currently, to conjure up an image for fans who didn't follow the juniors last year. I like it but some think it's trite I suppose.

I hope they'll stop next season with the ballet programs. The style suits her, but, nevertheless, it will be too much.
Actually for me the short program is very modern, not classic ballet style. That's why I didn't find appropriate the tutu dress.
I would see her performing some swing, electro swing, charleston in the short program (I think the retro image suits her) and in the free I'd like her to try the soundtrack of the movie La vita e bella. The music is just emotional and moving and in the same time she can say a story (I think she's a better story teller than a lyrical skater). And the season after that she can do Giselle, lol :))) to prove her loyalty to ballet themes.:biggrin:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
What do you think about this 2011:

https://streamable.com/yzh9a

Firstable, that's really hard to say who will be shine and who's not. There are a lot of examples of talented girls which after growing up just lost their qualities and, on the contrary, who was in a shadow being a little kid, but then became a wonderful skater, like Alina Zagitova.

What about this girl - to me it was hard to watch. She's slow, doing many scripted choreo moves with arms which are not suit her at all. Good jumps but she stops before jumps and thinking too much. For example, I rewatched Polina's program about eighth times and want more. She already skates like 8-9 yo girls, I also can say that many 9-10 yo don't show so musicality and speed like she does. Maybe it's just music, maybe it's not, don't know, but her skating already mesmerizing. And she is only six. Incredible.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Firstable, that's really hard to say who will be shine and who's not. There are a lot of examples of talented girls which after growing up just lost their qualities and, on the contrary, who was in a shadow being a little kid, but then became a wonderful skater, like Alina Zagitova.

What about this girl - to me it was hard to watch. She's slow, doing many scripted choreo moves with arms which are not suit her at all. Good jumps but she stops before jumps and thinking too much. For example, I rewatched Polina's program about eighth times and want more. She already skates like 8-9 yo girls, I also can say that many 9-10 yo don't show so musicality and speed like she does. Maybe it's just music, maybe it's not, don't know, but her skating already mesmerizing. And she is only six. Incredible.

Yep, pretty good analysis. I agree with you on most of it. The program itself isn't very enjoyable to watch.

Still, I do think that this girl's skills were good. She's slow but I don't think she has to be. It'll be interesting to see if she has potential for more.

The girl you linked definitely has very beautiful skating and speed. It certainly is a more enjoyable performance to watch at this moment.

But hm, Polina Borovskih(sp?) in addition to technically losing to the girl I linked 2 weeks ago(the girl I linked was skating above her age group), she also lost to another 2011 born girl in that same tournament. Interesting, I'll give her a look as well.

LRK

Record Breaker
Can I add my thoughts? [emoji102]

I was watching Gaby Daleman’s FS and thinking the music (a better cut) might suit Alina. It’s strong and delicate at the same time which kinda Alina’s style. It’s very mature tho and kinda hard music to skate to
(or it won’t suit her completely idk)

That gave me a thought, if instead of Gladiator, but sticking with Hans Zimmer, how would this be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fe9W1gZPUs

ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4JnSqo_uek