2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
@LRK

I needed to add "a bit". I mean, it's fine, but it could be better, and some of his catches look not really good. But it's not a big deal. I'm more worry about their throws now. Hope in Minsk and in Nagoya she finally will land them clean.

@hanca

I saw some garbage video in bad quality with Mishina/Galliamov, can't watch it because of that, but it looked like they're just doing elements, no connection. They're a new pair so maybe in a year we'll see the result. Agree about Boikova/Kozlovski, in this season they look like a real pair, not like in the last season. I guess Stolbova needs a new partner. Maybe Mirzoev? :laugh: Fedor is a nice partner, has very good skating skills, good posture, but he has no enough strength to do twist and lifts (although at the Olympics everything was great), also he often being injured. About Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov I guess the same story. Previous Lina's partner did nice twist with her, I'm not sure about Spiridonov. He's like Fedor. Horrible twist and lifts. Or Lina weighs less than Amina? Btw, about Amina - cute girl, but after 2015-2016 season she forgot how to jump and land throws at all. Poor kiddo. Their speed was amazing.

madison

Record Breaker
I think senior Russian pairs are in a bit of a trouble right now.
With whom will they make the Olympic team?
I mean Tarasova Morozov might have good elements, but the programs, especially the FP, are bad :(.
And Stolbova and Klimov don't seem to be ready in such a short term :(.

Is there any chance for Tarasova/Morozov to change that horrible FP?

hanca

Record Breaker
@hanca

I saw some garbage video in bad quality with Mishina/Galliamov, can't watch it because of that, but it looked like they're just doing elements, no connection. They're a new pair so maybe in a year we'll see the result. Agree about Boikova/Kozlovski, in this season they look like a real pair, not like in the last season. I guess Stolbova needs a new partner. Maybe Mirzoev? :laugh: Fedor is a nice partner, has very good skating skills, good posture, but he has no enough strength to do twist and lifts (although at the Olympics everything was great), also he often being injured. About Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov I guess the same story. Previous Lina's partner did nice twist with her, I'm not sure about Spiridonov. He's like Fedor. Horrible twist and lifts. Or Lina weighs less than Amina? Btw, about Amina - cute girl, but after 2015-2016 season she forgot how to jump and land throws at all. Poor kiddo. Their speed was amazing.

What exactly do you expect from Mishina/Galliamov at the beginning of their first season together? Of course they don’t have the connection yet! Alexandrovskaya/Windsor and Duskova/Bidar did not have it at the beginning of their first season together either. I remember watching them thinking that they need to work on that. But that’s nothing that can’t be fixed. Look at Boikova/Kozlovski last year (in terms of no connection) and look at them now. It will fix itself with time.

In regards to Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov, wouldn’t it be better to see them skating at least once before you shower them with all your negativity? Kudryavtseva is tinier than Amina, so you have no chance knowing how good/bad their lifts will look.

While criticising Klimov, blaming him for trouble with twist, not sure if you are aware that in the off season he had abdominal surgery, so they missed a lot of time not being able to train, and even when they could train, they would be careful not to put too much until his abdomen healed (so they were careful with any lifts, twist, throw etc). It is the beginning of the season. I am sorry Klimov is not catching up fast enough for you to be happy, but as long as he is fine at the end of the season, I would forgive him the beginning of the season.

And regarding Amina, I suggest to wait. She was injured last season, so we don’t know how much her problems were due to that injury. Skating with an injury isn’t fun, trust me! She has a new partner and should be ready towards the end of the season, so before you write her off, let’s give them a chance.

I find all your posts so negative. In some cases I understand your criticism, but criticising pairs before you see them skating at least once, or criticising someone who had a surgery that a few months later he isn’t on top of his game.... seriously? It seems to me that you see everywhere just doom and gloom.

Lana05

Final Flight
I like T/M's FS, they have their own freaky style, drama or smth classic doesn't suit them. And they had good PCS for it at Challenger

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
While criticising Klimov, blaming him for trouble with twist, not sure if you are aware that in the off season he had abdominal surgery, so they missed a lot of time not being able to train, and even when they could train, they would be careful not to put too much until his abdomen healed (so they were careful with any lifts, twist, throw etc). It is the beginning of the season. I am sorry Klimov is not catching up fast enough for you to be happy, but as long as he is fine at the end of the season, I would forgive him the beginning of the season.

Well, I checked the protocol from GPF 2015-2016. Although it's lvl2 twist, but with good GOE. And nice GOE on all lifts. So yeah, maybe it's just injury...

I find all your posts so negative. ... It seems to me that you see everywhere just doom and gloom.

Not true! :eek::

hanca

Record Breaker
I think you are in minority :think:

It doesn’t really matter whether any of us likes T/M’s free program. Last year they showed that it doesn’t matter what they skate to; as long as they deliver, the judges will give them the points. Last year’s program was not that great either, and yet they got worlds medal with it. So I am not really worried about how bad their program is this season.

madison

Record Breaker
It doesn’t really matter whether any of us likes T/M’s free program. Last year they showed that it doesn’t matter what they skate to; as long as they deliver, the judges will give them the points. Last year’s program was not that great either, and yet they got worlds medal with it. So I am not really worried about how bad their program is this season.

But why not to try to skate a super program? I think it's a shame for their good elements :(

hanca

Record Breaker
But why not to try to skate a super program? I think it's a shame for their good elements :(

I don’t know why they always end up with such programs. But luckily their marks won’t be affected by the quality of the program. It is their skating that counts, not the program on its own.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I like T/M's FS, they have their own freaky style, drama or smth classic doesn't suit them. And they had good PCS for it at Challenger

I like their program too. You aren't alone

Stolbova and Klimov --> I like their SP and FP ... they aren't ready yet but they "dance" both programs

andromache

Record Breaker

Are you Nina Mozer? :laugh:

Anyway, S/K have the best material they've had since 2014. God, I could watch them skate all day. Both programs suit them incredibly well. Their chemistry still isn't the best, but it's certainly improved. Their line and skating skills are the undisputed #1 in the world. Such a shame about the nightmarish Finlandia LP. At least their throws seem stable.

Weathergal

Medalist
Are you Nina Mozer? :laugh:

Anyway, S/K have the best material they've had since 2014. God, I could watch them skate all day. Both programs suit them incredibly well. Their chemistry still isn't the best, but it's certainly improved. Their line and skating skills are the undisputed #1 in the world. Such a shame about the nightmarish Finlandia LP. At least their throws seem stable.

Along with that, can I just say that I was really impressed with even after the glitch on one lift, the fall from the other - which was quite scary - and the shoelace issue, that they did not give up and still did another lift and a great throw after that? I know pairs girls by their very definition are fearless but for Ksenia to go right into another lift right after that happened, well I give her extra credit for that one! I also give credit to Fedor because obviously he can get hurt on a lift gone wrong, not to mention I'm sure he feels a huge responsibility for both of their safety. They really held it together in a difficult situation so props to them for that!

And on a lighter note, I really like Carmen for them, warhorse or no. Even when they first announced it, I thought this could really work for them. And who fiercer to play Carmen than Ksenia? :agree:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Well you hit the nail on the head. Their programs are awful but they are landing everything so the judges are giving them the marks. And to be honest a bad program performed technically well is way better than a nice program with tons of technical issues.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The problem is T and M are just a good team but not great. They have no it factor. They need V and T, S and K or even K and S to come back with a vengeance. It seems pretty clear S and K have injury/training and thus confidence issues and I am not sure there is time to get it together. This looks good for Germany and China. With Canada and Russia having trouble and really the US just flopping all over the place it is those two countries for gold and France likely to get the bronze. Although you never know there are other Chinese teams and a Russian or Canadian if they pull it together certainly could challenge the French.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The problem is T and M are just a good team but not great. They have no it factor. They need V and T, S and K or even K and S to come back with a vengeance. It seems pretty clear S and K have injury/training and thus confidence issues and I am not sure there is time to get it together. This looks good for Germany and China. With Canada and Russia having trouble and really the US just flopping all over the place it is those two countries for gold and France likely to get the bronze. Although you never know there are other Chinese teams and a Russian or Canadian if they pull it together certainly could challenge the French.

The French for bronze? T/M beat J/C at both Worlds and Europeans and if clean T/M will easily beat them again.

moriel

Record Breaker
Judges arent bothered by T/M programs.
Which means clean T/M can totally compete for gold. Yeah, if everybody is equally clean, they will lose for chinese and german, but since when the chinese and the german are clean 100% of time?

hanca

Record Breaker

The tiny flaw in your theory is that Tarasova/Morozov actually beat Sanchenko/Massot. They managed to beat them last January at Europeans, and they beat them again last week at a competition in Germany! (Germany is the last place I would expect S/M to be beaten!) They didn’t manage to beat them at worlds, but Tarasova skated with ten stitches in her leg, with injury she got on the day of their SP, so it was a miracle they competed at all, and another miracle that they actually medalled.