2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating

hanca

Record Breaker
Yeah, I remember that pair at Worlds 2014, Antipova was very thin there...

Seems like Pavlova has a greater impact on people. Men: Maisuradze and Zaitsev are submitted to her. And girls are afraid of her like fire. What a powerful woman!
We can make a bet. I will save your posts and a few years later will have a huge satisfaction of telling you ‘I told you so’. :p

puremagic

-
Record Breaker

What an improvement! +25 points for the free program and almost 30 points overall!
I know that juniors are doing only two lifts, not three as seniors, but still, very impressive! :clap:

Personal Best Total Score 163.21 29.09.2017 ISU JGP Croatia Cup 2017
Personal Best Score Short Program 61.27 15.03.2017 ISU World Junior Championships 2017
Personal Best Score Free Skating 101.98 29.09.2017 ISU JGP Croatia Cup 2017

hanca

Record Breaker

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
What about Ksenia AHANTYEVA / Valery KOLESOV? They were very bad at JGP stage. And now they got 108.64 (55.64+54.00) for the free program. How is that possible? Or it was just like Mishina/Mirzoev's skate in Colorado Springs?

hanca

Record Breaker
I laughed too after a fall on their twist, it was so stupid OMG. A/K is progressing what is surprising there? Also other teams and newbies have shown progress there
I am not sure if it is progressing. Two years now they do very badly outside Russia and very well inside Russia. It seems to me that the federation has always been very generous with their GOE and PCS in comparison with some other pairs. I am not sure if the federation is taking into consideration their ‘potential’ rather than what they put on the ice, or if there is some politicking...

Lana05

Final Flight
Oh, new conspiracy theory from hanca about Russian coaches and federation... Bla-bla-bla. First, it was about that coach of Alisa Efimova has killed her jumps (and Ilushechkinas) after that both girls have landed their triples in competions. Eteri is bad as coach.. Last year A/K scored 140.18 at 1st cup, 118.54 at 2nd cup while at JGP they got 137.35
They were 5th and 9th and got small PCS and GOES. I see in them potential and they already showed it

hanca

Record Breaker
Oh, new conspiracy theory from hanca about Russian coaches and federation... Bla-bla-bla. First, it was about that coach of Alisa Efimova has killed her jumps (and Ilushechkinas) after that both girls have landed their triples in competions. Eteri is bad as coach.. Last year A/K scored 140.18 at 1st cup, 118.54 at 2nd cup while at JGP they got 137.35
They were 5th and 9th and got small PCS and GOES. I see in them potential and they already showed it

Well, I suggest before you start smearing other users of this forum, maybe you could actually follow skating for a while and look into things a bit more objectively, rather than naively believing that every coach must be brilliant because they managed to achieve short term success. It is not a conspiracy, but getting results doesn't automatically mean that the coach is morally great.

Regarding Pavlova, the ex-coach of Efimova-Korovin and before than Antipova and Iliuschechkina, a lot has been posted on the internet a few years ago. If you really, really believe that it is all lies... I wouldn't blame a coach for having a student with anorexia, but it is interesting when it is actually two students, one after the other. It didn't come out of nowhere, so I am not going to be pretending that everything must be all rosy with Pavlova's coaching and it is the girls' fault that they got ill.
http://www.sovsport.ru/others/figur...ja-antipova-o-tom-chto-privelo-ee-k-anoreksii
I am not surprised that Efimova lost jumps which she had before if Pavlova behaved to her the same as to the previous students. Hopefully with a new coach it will come back. We will see how long Pavlova's current students will last, but I can't see any of them having long-term successful senior career while staying with Pavlova. As I said, she is great with a short term success at junior level, but she hasn't achieved much in seniors in the last ten or more years.

Regarding Tutberidze, I am not claiming that she is a bad coach. I am just pointing out that she has two sides, as anyone else. She can get the results, but she also gets rid of students that stop performing from any reason. And the reason can be even injury. Shelepen, Pitkeev, Voronov, Lipnitskaya... Until this season she hasn't had more than two students in each category, and it was relatively easy to manage the competitiveness within her group. This season it is interesting to see her having 3 seniors and 4 juniors competing internationally, and in two years time it is likely that those 4 juniors (five if we count also Scherbakova), so let's see how she will manage then. My guess is that she will gets rid of the 'weakest links', the least reliable ones. Which will prove my point.

Regarding A/K, well they are the only pair who have now two seasons failed at JGP and yet they are still a part of the national team. Let's see the next year, but I don't expect much from them long term. Maybe I am wrong, but I am not saying much different than you can read at several Russian forums... Feel free to disagree. Time will show.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Just checked the scores after the short program at JGPF, GPF and Zagreb. Ugh. :disapp: Enjoying the show, hanca?

Lana05

Final Flight
Grand Prix Final
Tarasova/Morozov 78.83 2
Stolbova/Klimov 73.15 4

Junior Grand Prix Final
Panfilova/Rylov 60.81 1
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin 59.51 3
Poluianova/Sopot 57.28 5
Boikova/Kozlovskii 55.92 6

50th Golden Spin of Zagreb
Junior Pairs
Mishina/Galiamov 59.06 1
Zhuk/Britkov 51.52 2
Pavlova/Parkman 48.50 3

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Ugh. What a shameful free scores from Elizaveta ZHUK / Egor BRITKOV and Elena PAVLOVA / Daniil PARKMAN:

3 Elizaveta ZHUK / Egor BRITKOV RUS 73.44 36.24 39.20 5.33 4.83 4.67 5.00 4.67 2.00 #4
4 Elena PAVLOVA / Daniil PARKMAN RUS 65.48 31.87 37.61 5.00 4.67 4.25 4.92 4.67 4.00 #2

Lena and Parkman just lost to Czech team, in competition between four pairs. :disapp:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
JGPF 2017

1. Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR 173.85
2. Apollinariia PANFILOVA / Dmitry RYLOV 173.01
3. Daria PAVLIUCHENKO / Denis KHODYKIN 172.94
4. Yumeng GAO / Zhong XIE 165.03
5. Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII 160.80
6. Anastasia POLUIANOVA / Dmitry SOPOT 160.47

Well, not so bad as I thought. But still wondering why that school of Borisova, Gubanova, Poluianova, and now Panfilova, can't teach them to jump triples.

Lana05

Final Flight
Ugh. What a shameful free scores from Elizaveta ZHUK / Egor BRITKOV and Elena PAVLOVA / Daniil PARKMAN:

3 Elizaveta ZHUK / Egor BRITKOV RUS 73.44 36.24 39.20 5.33 4.83 4.67 5.00 4.67 2.00 #4
4 Elena PAVLOVA / Daniil PARKMAN RUS 65.48 31.87 37.61 5.00 4.67 4.25 4.92 4.67 4.00 #2

Lena and Parkman just lost to Czech team, in competition between four pairs. :disapp:

Nothing shameful in their scores: Zhuk/Britkov competed only 2 times without 2nd Cup of Russia this year maybe becuse of injury and they got silverwith 10 points ahead of 3rd team. It's the 1st year torgether for Pavlova/Parkman and 1st as a pair skater for Elena. They used the Golden Spin for preaparing for the next season.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
So, any thoughts about junior nationals?

Daria Pavlyuchenko looks quite stable. Enjoyable skating from both. Have a good shoot to win this competition.

Boikova/Kozlovski - I guess they skated clean only once this season at ISU Challenger, where they set their SB. Nice to watch them, but Boikova has to do something with her jumps/throws.

Panfilova/Rylov - cool Alice's program, but pair without triples. Pretty consistent.

Polina should run as fast as she can from her current partner. What a cute and talented girl, and what a... He's obvious foreign body in that pair, he looks like he doesn't even understand where he is when he is skating. Really a shame. Also bad FP, on the same level as Zagitova's EX, same stupid set of sounds, not a music. So except a quad twist there is nothing to look at.

About the others there is nothing to say. Their scores and skates speak for themselves.

madison

Record Breaker
So, any thoughts about junior nationals?

Daria Pavlyuchenko looks quite stable. Enjoyable skating from both. Have a good shoot to win this competition.

Boikova/Kozlovski - I guess they skated clean only once this season at ISU Challenger, where they set their SB. Nice to watch them, but Boikova has to do something with her jumps/throws.

Panfilova/Rylov - cool Alice's program, but pair without triples. Pretty consistent.

Polina should run as fast as she can from her current partner. What a cute and talented girl, and what a... He's obvious foreign body in that pair, he looks like he doesn't even understand where he is when he is skating. Really a shame. Also bad FP, on the same level as Zagitova's EX, same stupid set of sounds, not a music. So except a quad twist there is nothing to look at.

About the others there is nothing to say. Their scores and skates speak for themselves.
There is also Mishina/Galiamov. They did well at Russian Nationals and also were pretty consistent during the season.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
There is also Mishina/Galiamov. They did well at Russian Nationals and also were pretty consistent during the season.

Yeah, I wouldn't say so... Here's protocol of the free programs from Zagreb. Weak 104 points, mistake and what's most important - low GOE at most of their elements. Very bland team. Even another new pair Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov looks much better, although their elements on the bad level. But what a cool SP, tho!

But sure, they will fight for the top 3, but will they participate? I thought they're seniors now.