couldnt have imagined Sergei of all ppl being a mommy's boy

2 Not allowed!
    30 pages discussion about a single interview... wow

I believe in my predictions Ender's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarpova View Post
    wow its the 1st time reading this article

I read an interview of his before and from that he gave the vibe of an independent man. How you view yourself of course is vastly different from how other people view yourself. I thought he might be difficult but being a mommy'a boy is a bit weird. He is 30 already.

2 Not allowed!
    Italian/Greek/Shanghainese men at age 60+ are still mummy's boy. This ain't a bad thing.

On the other hand, I once nominated Eteri for coach of the year (Pre-Sochi) as she is clearly the most intelligent and ruthless coach who understand the Pros and Cons of the COP system, and take full advantage of it with her factory production, cherry pick the ideal skater at their prime, young, thin, hungry and malleable, and not ripe and injury prone.

To see the ongoing abuse of the COP says more about the mismanagement of the sport by ISU than about her.

6 Not allowed!
    ^ I would say I don't mind the judging and skating based on math, I mind the judging and skating in which the technique and skating have been judged inconsistently and unfairly.
    At least Tutberidze's students often deserve their medals because they're more consistent than the rest in general.

GS Supporter

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarpova View Post
    wow its the 1st time reading this article

Tutberidze outing Sergei as a mommy’s boy doesn’t mean he in fact is. Which can be said also on the way the character of other former skaters of Eteri has been portrayed by her in that interview.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ewdokia View Post
    Tutberidze outing Sergei as a mommy’s boy doesn’t mean he in fact is. Which can be said also on the way the character of other former skaters of Eteri has been portrayed by her in that interview.
    It's not surprising that strong ladies might look down on men they deem as weak. She seems to be very strict and difficult, just my opinion.

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Coaching for competitive sports is a bit different to coaching subjects at school. Not everyone signs in for competitive sports . Moreover in competitive sports , kids are being pushed by all concerned to win .

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Ewdokia, you have stated your point as everyone has a right to state their opinions but so much of this is repeated. Figure skating is obviously a very challenging, competitive and even risky sport so much of this pressure must come from the competitors themselves. Perhaps we should leave coaches aside and talk about how much risk is it permissible fora figure skater to have?
    One question I have is : should quads be banned for both junior and senior girls? And maybe even for boys and men seeing that there is so much more risk of injury ?

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    It's not surprising that strong ladies might look down on men they deem as weak. She seems to be very strict and difficult, just my opinion.
    Yeees, even Sergei D. and Daniil seem afraid in her presence (my perception of course from the videos in K&C)

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30