Boots and Spinning | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Boots and Spinning

QuirkyCorky

Rinkside
I got new skates. They are Edea Chorus and today I put them on for the first time. They are so much better than the skates I had (Risport Antares). The fact they fit my feet is amazing. I didn't expect them to be so comfortable the first time I wore them, but I skated for over 2 hours with no pain afterwards. They are size 255 and my old ones were 265. My outside three turns were easier or I could go right into the centre of the circle before automatically turning to backwards. Hopefully I will have a better chance of sussing out the spins in them. I'm so pleased with them. Thanks again everyone for the hints.

vlaurend

Final Flight
I am so thrilled to hear about your new boots! Yay!! This means you have new blades as well, since your new boots are a different size from your old ones. I predict your spins will improve, but in the meantime, here's something I thought of as I read about your loop on the spin entry. . . Are you keeping your free leg and arm pulled way BACK until you hook the spin? Releasing your right shoulder/arm and leg too soon can result in a loop tracing instead of a spin.