All star practice session at Broadmore | Golden Skate

All star practice session at Broadmore

breadstal

Record Breaker
I'm shook, the line-up is just incredible, also, Nathan landed 3F-4T there, things like that should be streamed :hopelessness:

concorde

Medalist
My guess. The USFS "Jump on it camp" starts there tomorrow and most of the top coaches will be giving classes to the attendees. My guess is the top skaters are there in connection with that camp. The camp ends on Saturday night.

Fyi -The camp is closed to all except for participants.

sheetz

Record Breaker
I just realized they could have Mirai and Rika doing sbs 3A and Nathan and Vincent doing sbs 4Lz.

frida80

Record Breaker
I just realized they could have Mirai and Rika doing sbs 3A and Nathan and Vincent doing sbs 4Lz.

If anyone says anything like that happens, I swear think I'm going to start a go fund me account to stream practices like this.

mrrice

Record Breaker
If anyone says anything like that happens, I swear think I'm going to start a go fund me account to stream practices like this.

This comment deserves a giant, KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM. :2thumbs: I totally agree...

Last edited:

DelRetiro

On the Ice
I'm shook, the line-up is just incredible, also, Nathan landed 3F-4T there, things like that should be streamed :hopelessness:

Wow! He was able to do a quad toe as the second jump of a combination?! That doesn't seem humanly possible :eeking:

concorde

Medalist
The camp is only for Juvunile through Novice level skaters and they qualified from their skates at last year's Regionals/ Sectionals.

Maybe the top level skaters are to be mentors to the participants or are to demonstrate the jumps in person. Or maybe they went because their coaches are going. Or maybe there was a seperate "camp" for them before this camp. Who knows but I don't think it is a coincidence they all showed up around this camp.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Do you mean Broadmoor World Arena?

Kayne and O'Shea are there and got on the ice for the first time recently since she's rehabbing there
Adam Rippon is back and forth to there and SOI tour since he's also been rehabbing there.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What does this mean? Are they practicing for a show or something?

The World Arena has levelled practice sessions (Pre-pre to Intermediate, Novice to Senior, that kind of thing). The list that Z has taken a photo of is the 1:15pm Junior to Senior practice session. They have a system that involves tickets and you have your name on a list, because they limit the number of skaters on a session. So the picture shows the session packed out, and Adam Rippon and Nathan Chen among those who were on the "wait list" for the session (if another skater didn't show).

That's quite the list, I'd have loved to see it. Of course, you all could guess that I'd be interested only in what Max, Joshua and Holly were doing...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The camp is only for Juvunile through Novice level skaters and they qualified from their skates at last year's Regionals/ Sectionals.

Maybe the top level skaters are to be mentors to the participants or are to demonstrate the jumps in person. Or maybe they went because their coaches are going. Or maybe there was a seperate "camp" for them before this camp. Who knows but I don't think it is a coincidence they all showed up around this camp.

It is true that for the first-ever USFS Jump On It Camp in 2016, many elite U.S. skaters (incl. some who do not reside in Colorado Springs) served in various roles -- and I imagine the same will be true this year.
For example, last year the keynote speaker was Max Aaron; team leaders included Max A, Maddie Aaron, Dolensky, Alex Johnson, Danny Neudecker, and others; demonstrators included Scott Dyer and Vincent. Karen Chen was either a team leader or a demonstrator, although I don't remember which. Etc.

But ... my two cents are that the upcoming jump camp had little if anything directly to do with the confluence :cool: of amazing skaters on TZ's list.
Of the names I recognize, everyone from the U.S. had a reason unrelated to the camp to be there.
(Gotta be just a happy coincidence that Marin, Rika, and Yuna have been visiting for training in the days before the USFS camp. Holly is a TZ skater.)

As for the U.S. skaters:
Camden, Josh, Luke, Madison, Max, Mirai, Paige, Trisha all are permanently based at the World Arena, AFAIK. [ETA: More precisely, at the World Arena Ice Hall. With access to the World Arena.]
Plus others spend time in Colorado Springs on a regular/frequent basis -- with OTC resources often the reason or at least one of the reasons.
Vincent and Courtney are in that group.
So are Karen, Nathan, and Adam -- all of whom will be performing in Washington state this weekend for SOI.

Anyway, I hope that Jump On It once again is a good experience for all who participate :ghug:.

Last edited:

hackworm

Spectator

My daughter is at Broadmoor this week, participating in the Jump on it Camp on Friday and Saturday. She said Karen is there to help demonstrate at camp. The Japanese skaters are there for choreography. I'm not sure if they also are participating in the camp.