Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Ilinykh/Zhiganshin: Ruslan's retirement

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vorravorra View Post
    You have to remember that if someone is on the Team the Fed gets a cut of their figure skating-related earnings. So it's not a one-way deal by any means.
    This, I was not aware of.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    How do you know what he did or did not tell the federation? He might have gone to them and told them that he wants to quit for any reason, and they could have suggested it themselves that he takes a few more months, until the test skates, to think things through, whether it is really what he wants to do. You are basing it on what he said or did not say to the public, but he doesn't owe us anything, so why should he have to give us any explanations?
    I disagree that he doesn't owe anyone an explanation. He Is a public figure getting funding by tax payers. He is not a private citizen. He chose to be an ice dancer and represent Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    You think they're the first to do this? Plushenko did it for the last couple of years, so Mishin's school could get funding. Maxim Shabalin did it. Volosozhar and Trankov and Lipnitskaya and probably Sotnikova are doing it.
    You are right about all these people and they all said publicly they would compete agian or like shabalin and domnina had excuses for why they weren't and were very public. shabalin and knee and domnina and pregnancy. Zhiganshin has been completely silent. Unusual!!!

But they are eligible. They worked for it, so they are getting it. No one gave them anything for free.
    Good then

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    He gets money too.
    I thought so

Or he may be injured and honestly doesn't know whether he will be able to continue or not, even if he would like to. Why do you automatically assume that he is a dishonest liar, when there can be several other explanations? It says a lot about you as a person, to expect only the worst from others and making allegations when you don't have the information.
    Don't have all info because zhiganshin is now totally silent

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, so because Zhiganshin did not make any statemenet to the media, he is a fair game for any allegations? You do realise that it is dlander, to be making claims while you don't have any information m as you admitted yourself.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Really, when did the stop paying Plushenko? Loco, loco. The money they paid that man they could have invested in a practically comotose ID programme.
    Well, there was a lot of questions with Plushenko, you probably missed them. And with all respect to Ruslan and Elena, they are not Plushenko. He is a symbol and he exists, while Ilinykh/Zhiganshin team probably doesn't exist anymore. There's the difference.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, so because Zhiganshin did not make any statemenet to the media, he is a fair game for any allegations? You do realise that it is dlander, to be making claims while you don't have any information m as you admitted yourself.
    This hasn't stopped this thread and many others from making gazzillion assumptions about Lena, and she has said absolutely nothing, not even through Vaitch or Simonenko, nada. She practically said nothing about Katsalapov either, despite his rants.
    Strange the double standards we apply across threads both here and abroad.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    This hasn't stopped this thread and many others from making gazzillion assumptions about Lena, and she has said absolutely nothing, not even through Vaitch or Simonenko, nada. She practically said nothing about Katsalapov either, despite his rants.
    You talk about double standards like you never actually took sides when talks about the split came up. But now that the ball is on his side you came for the rescue.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by coldblueeyes View Post
    You talk about double standards like you never actually took sides when talks about the split came up. But now that the ball is on his side you came for the rescue.
    I'm not really following your argument and honestly I would rather not. I don't really have an issue with Zhiganshin or Illinykh. Both of them are really stuck in a hard place, I don't really feel a sense to defend or vilify either. If I've said anything to make you feel otherwise I assure you it was not intentional.

0 Not allowed!
    Bramweld the new goldenskate moderator

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattieu View Post
    Bramweld the new goldenskate moderator
    Oh I need to just behave. Voy a tratar.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    This, I was not aware of.
    The Russian Fed isn't a charity and if it finances someone's training it tries to recoup its investment as much as possible, which is fair enough I suppose. Representing a skater at an international level also isn't free - there have even been complaints that you can't choose not to be represented by the Fed and therefore not to give it any money.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10