Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Ilinykh/Zhiganshin: Ruslan's retirement

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    If Elena chooses to continue skating and cannot find a good match at this time, there would be nothing wrong with continuing to train and waiting until after the Olympics to select a partner. I think the number of splits & retirements is much higher then. Sometimes one athlete has fulfilled his/her Olympic dream and is ready to move on while another member of the team wishes to continue elite skating. I rather enjoyed someone else's comment about how, after the Olympics, teams rush to "Divorce Court."
    There's no way Elena will be ready by the Olympics, so I say use this time to learn from mistakes, decide what she wants to do: look for a partner, start fresh, mentally...prepare for what is to come.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Yeah ... it's definitely in the best interest of us - viewers & sport in general to have more than a couple of strong countries in each discipline, even if sometimes those skaters from other country can beat your favourites. As for material ... am I the only one who liked Sinitsina / Katsalapov Free Dance to Io Si Caro sung by Andrea Bocelli? I thought that how they presented it in Boston was admirable.
    Nope I really loved that one too
    That was the time when twizzles were a mess but they were presenting both as a couple on the ice. Sometimes Nikita is in his own bubble but not there.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoix View Post
    There's no way Elena will be ready by the Olympics, so I say use this time to learn from mistakes, decide what she wants to do: look for a partner, start fresh, mentally...prepare for what is to come.
    yep, btw that shows that Ruslan really had no other choice, for whatever reason... Would have made all sense to try Olympics still (after all, if B/S or S/B got injured, the Olympic spot would be a possibility).

Good guys only win in movies

0 Not allowed!
    There's one more thing, though. If Elena and Ruslan will split because of his injury she will probably still need a new partner if she will want to make some money in ice shows.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7