Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2017 Scale of Value and Guidelines for GOE

Spiral sequence level 5 nolangoh's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    ISU love arbitrary because they don't want to spend time explaining what is right or wrong. They want everything in the mix. I feel like my English comprehension is just below average when I read their communications.
    Thank you I am not alone. I was so confused when I first read their communication. The wordings and sentence structure is so weird.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nolangoh View Post
    Thank you I am not alone. I was so confused when I first read their communication. The wordings and sentence structure is so weird.
    I agree. They should learn how to clarify things. For example, they could start by defining what a serious error is. Is it anything that would be worth -3 GOE automatically (fall, stepout) or is it anything that would require any minus GOE (hand down, wonky landings?). What about pops? There have been 4Ts turned into 3Ts that are still graded with + GOE! Defining this would go a long way into understanding what they want judges to not give 10s in PCS for, just as an example. How about defining what creative, original skating movements/steps before a solo SP jump should entail in order to meet the requirements?
    Last edited by xeyra; 05-21-2017 at 04:55 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2