'LOVE ON ICE' movie | Golden Skate

'LOVE ON ICE' movie

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Yes. I saw it a few weeks ago on tv. I found it to be the generic figure skating movie, predictable plot,stereotypical characters. I didn't know the actors (some ex soap actors apparently) and my only interest was who the skaters were who doubled for the actors. No credit was given in my search so either they didn't feel it was important or the actors actually did the skating themselves. A figure skating teen might like this if they've never seen such a movie before but I found it a crashing bore. Elvis was in one of these a few years ago and it was much better; still not the greatest though. I'm still waiting for a good figure skating movie.

Ender

Match Penalty
I watched it. So and so. It's not about true ice skating, more like a love story using ice skating as background.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I still like "The Cutting Edge" for it's humor, romance, and the decent level of skating. I must say that I have high hopes for the upcoming movie about Tonya Harding due the casting of Margot Robbie and Allison Janney.

Here's the "Toe Pick" scene from The Cutting Edge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm0f0oFUxVA

christinaskater

Medalist
I still like "The Cutting Edge" for it's humor, romance, and the decent level of skating. I mmust say that I have high hopes for the upcoming movie about Tonya Harding due the casting of Margot Robbie and Allison Janney.

Here's the "Toe Pick" scene from The Cutting Edge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm0f0oFUxVA

The Cutting Edge is the best!

There was another figure skating movie entitled 'Ice Princess'.

I haven't seen'Blades of Glory' as well.

I loved the movie 'Love On Ice' - there was a lot chemistry between the lead characters ❤️❤️

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have "The Cutting Edge" on DVD and have to admit still watching it now and then...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There was another figure skating movie entitled 'Ice Princess'.

This was such a stupid frickin movie, my mother swore she knew when I was watching it because she could hear me yelling at it and swearing at its ridiculousness.

I loved Blades of Glory because it didn't try to be a "serious" skating movie. It was out and out satire and it owned it. Those brainless movies like "Ice Princess" or "Go Figure" set themselves up as "serious" skating movies while having idiotic plotlines like "doing a triple Lutz after a month of skating" and GAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I remember totally losing my cereal when he said in The Cutting Edge: "You want me to grab her WHERE??!!":eeking: :rofl: :drama:

casualfan

On the Ice
First skating movie I ever saw was Ice Castles (1978) and it's still my favorite. The Cutting edge is a very close second.

mrrice

Record Breaker
First skating movie I ever saw was Ice Castles (1978) and it's still my favorite. The Cutting edge is a very close second.

I totally forgot about Ice Castles........You're right, that was a great skating movie and the theme became a big hit here in the US. I'm sure someone must have skated to it back in the day. Here's the Theme song which includes a couple short clips from the movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thW967KaAng

Barb

Record Breaker
I totally forgot about Ice Castles........You're right, that was a great skating movie and the theme became a big hit here in the US. I'm sure someone must have skated to it back in the day. Here's the Theme song which includes a couple short clips from the movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thW967KaAng

I guess that movie was a big thing, my mom even watched it at the time in the cinema in her little town. I very much doubt that we will be watching "Love on Ice" in the movies :unsure:.